Thailand reports 382 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

6 hours ago, Kidvinie said:

It's said that the vaccine won't stop transmission and at best it may help the severity of the infection only so basically useless unless you have comorbidity's or >75 . Add the fact that they are saying there is another strain, does that mean that the 'unicorn vaccine' is no good just like the flu shot for the following year? 

The only solution I can see is to face it head on just like Sweden and let herd immunity take it's course. 

That would be the failed Swedish policy assuming one has been keeping up with developments there. And as for the made up "its said...." baloney from who knows where (from some loon website maybe?)

Edited by SheungWan

12 hours ago, than said:

In order to prevent the arrival of a more virulent strain of the virus, the Thai authorities should also follow the example of the countries of the European Union and prohibit the access of the kingdom to the English citizen

new strain is in aussie..... look out its coming to a mall near you!

12 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

As for bar girls, nothing against them.  I'm not a bar guy.  Not my thing.  But I wouldn't expect credible information regarding matters like this from them.  Humorous?  For sure! ????

I'd trust the bargirl before the Thai politician.

Edited by whaleboneman
i screwed up.
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

Until politicians tell them not to disclose information

The briefings I've seen in the media are lead by Thai health professionals.  They are doing a pretty good job of dealing with this virus.  If it was up to the politicians, the country would be wide open! ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dcnx said:

That’s the only solution you can see because your information is terribly out of date.

Sweden is currently under lockdown after admitting that their first method of attempting to reach herd immunity failed.  

Sweden now has the hugest death rate, by far, of any Nordic country. 

Of the people tested for antibodies in Stockholm after their failed attempt, only 6% of them had antibodies.

Sweden failed and is locked down right now.

Please educate yourself.

It seems from this article that Sweden has implemented tougher measures but stopped short of a general lockdown.

https://www.herbaldepecona.com/2020/12/19/sweden-bumps-up-covid-19-measures-but-stops-short-of-lockdown-as-cases-soar/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

Very concerning, that a laissez-faire attitude has led to this. Hopeful, is key but immediate action and deep introspective research is needed. It's no coincidence that viruses thrive in fresh markets, even among humans.

It's not a laissez faire attitude. It's complacency after months of dodging bullets. It would happen anywhere. Inevitably, reality catches up - a bit sooner than we would have hoped. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ouch, it just keeps expanding like Santa's Christmas Suit.

Why should anyone bother with perspective?

"Monday’s cases brings the total number of COVID-19 cases in Thailand to 5,289"

People tested positive

Latest data provided on 21 December 2020

19 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

But it's not only in Samut Sakhon.  I suggest you read all the posts about this here on TVF.  It's showing up all over Issan, Central and Northern Thailand.  and these are just the cases they know about.

And we are hearing more from friends who know hospital doctors, but these cases are not being reported!!! ????????????????????????????????

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The vaccine is 95% effective in stopping people from getting severe symptoms.Also 95% of people don't get severe symptoms when infected when they don't have a vaccine.They sound rather similar.

That is a bit of a distorted view, you cannot generalise like that when people die. No vaccine does not mean you have a 95% chance of not getting severe symptoms,other factors come into play.

Mortality is unpredictable and can be localised, there was an area in Italy nearly wiped out in the first wave because the population were mainly elderly.

The vaccine is to try and reduce the severity of symptoms in the more vulnerable resulting in a reduction on the health services.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That is a bit of a distorted view, you cannot generalise like that when people die. No vaccine does not mean you have a 95% chance of not getting severe symptoms,other factors come into play.

Mortality is unpredictable and can be localised, there was an area in Italy nearly wiped out in the first wave because the population were mainly elderly.

The vaccine is to try and reduce the severity of symptoms in the more vulnerable resulting in a reduction on the health services.

While in another village , nobody got even sick , middle of the very high infected area . So far it is unknown why it is like that , but you are right , extremely unpredictable . Also , some people put out massive amounts of viral particles and others nearly 0 .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:
10 minutes ago, rabas said:

The vaccine gives 95 out of 100 people 100% protection. I can live with that.  

I think I'll just wait for a vaccine with 200% protection.

Waiting gives you 0% protection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

That's a good point about distortion and I suspect I have seen lots of distortion in this pandemic but I don't really know for sure what is being distorted and despite my negative distortions I do hope to see positive results from the vaccines apart from making a quick buck from something as effective as a glass of water.I don't know if the vaccines have been approved manly because they cause no immediate harmful effects and it all seems to be very rushed and we are being asked to trust people whose main goal is to make money for their investors.That being said I'm sure there are some developers whose aim is to make no profit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Do you know this or are you placing trust in what you have been told?

What ever is being said, the manufacturers don't really know all the specifics about these jabs. Especially long term consequences.  Plus, they'll be evolving.  BioNTech is hoping to get theirs to a single jab that is kept at "normal" temperatures like other jabs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

I'll take my chances.  At age 63 and in good shape (a tiny bit obese, but round is a shape, haha) and more importantly living a healthy life and without a challenged immune system, there is little to fear.

Also living in South Isaan with no social distancing nor face masks anywhere, helps to keep the Covid-madness out. 

A Merry social XMas and a Happy unmasked NewYear for everybody!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Do you know this or are you placing trust in what you have been told?

Unless you have conducted your own vaccine field trials involving thousands of people and millions of dollars in cost, I think you will have to rely on what you are told...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I'll take my chances.  At age 63 and in good shape (a tiny bit obese, but round is a shape, haha) and more importantly living a healthy life and without a challenged immune system, there is little to fear.

Also living in South Isaan with no social distancing nor face masks anywhere, helps to keep the Covid-madness out. 

A Merry social XMas and a Happy unmasked NewYear for everybody!

People of all ages are getting very sick from this virus.  And some are suffering severe long term consequences.  Why risk it?  Mask up.  It's the right thing to do.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rabas said:

It's worked for me so far,fingers crossed.Someone mentioned perspective earlier so I did a quick calc and with approximately 77.7 million (worldometer) people testing positive globally equates to 1.11% of the global population so far which indicates a long road to herd immunity even with vaccines.