Is it really allowed now to enter Thailand with visa 30 days waivers?

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually the cabinet approved visa exempt entries on the 8th.

Then the 45 day entries were approved on the 22nd.

Embassies and official consulates have already been issuing COE's for visa exempt entries.

As there was some confusion about those 45 days:

With visa exempt entry,  you now get stamped in at the  airport for 45 days ?

You can extend once for 30 more days? 

In Chaengwattana, you can also apply for a non-imm O visa, as long as you still have 15 days left?

This non-imm O visa can  be used to get an extension of stay on the grounds of retirement if you fulfilll the financial requirements? 

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

there is no need to vaccinate the majority of the world. enough to vaccinate 60-70% of the population,

or even less, for the pandemic to be over.

Fauci now says maybe 90%, as reported yesterday in the NYT.

Of course,  who is Fauci? You are certainly a lot more  competent than that guy.

14 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

With visa exempt entry,  you now get stamped in at the  airport for 45 days ?

You can extend once for 30 more days? 

In Chaengwattana, you can also apply for a non-imm O visa, as long as you still have 15 days left?

This non-imm O visa can  be used to get an extension of stay on the grounds of retirement if you fulfilll the financial requirements? 

Yes to all the above.

If you are prepared you could even a apply for the non-o visa during the first 15 days after you get a out of quarantine as well.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Initially the COE was useable only oh official repatriation flights organized by agencies of the Thai government.

However from mid December there's another possibility in terms of what flights are now approved with a COE.

These flights are listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ijBJOTgFJPAuWUfkPIA60iniXB9j9Ba2XHafXzA6JCw/edit#gid=1066446947  These flights are labelled as 'semi-commercial flights'.

Semi-commercial flights have been bringing people to Thailand for almost 4 months now, not just from the middle of December.

28 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

Fauci now says maybe 90%, as reported yesterday in the NYT.

While essentially true, I still feel that's a slight over-simplification. In fact he said that he wouldn't say it was 90%. His actual words were:

"We really don't know what the real number is. I think the real range is somewhere between 70 per cent and 90 per cent. But, I'm not going to say 90 per cent."

Fauci on herd immunity

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Semi-commercial flights have been bringing people to Thailand for almost 4 months now, not just from the middle of December.

Sorry, my error, my reading was that Semi-Commercial flights started mid December (because the spreadsheet I was looking at was dated mid Dec.).  I'm now aware I was in error, as stated semi-commercial flights already in operation several months. 

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Based on which trends or figures from which countries? In a large proportion of countries around the world, it's on the rise. That includes Thailand just at the moment.  Although it remains to be seen how things will play out here, (hopefully it's just a minor, soon-to-be-controlled outbreak) - but it could also be the start of a continuing rise in cases.

And the US and UK and many countries in Europe.

9 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Be advised deputy PM made a statement that pre COVID tourism will never be permitted. You are dreaming. The only visa is 60 days which can become 90.

Both the PM and deputy PM have made many statements over the past few months and quite a few of them appear to contradict (themselves and each other).

So whatever they have said may well become irrelevant depending on what they do and will say.

This is all so fluid that what was said last week, may or may not be altered this / next week.

32 minutes ago, VBF said:

Both the PM and deputy PM have made many statements over the past few months and quite a few of them appear to contradict (themselves and each other).

So whatever they have said may well become irrelevant depending on what they do and will say.

This is all so fluid that what was said last week, may or may not be altered this / next week.

Writing has been on the wall along time. Statement made at there formal event. Prayut there. Make of it as you wish. There's been a policy shift

Archived