No national lockdown in Thailand: Prayut

webfact

4 hours ago, J Town said:

Well, I'M convinced (that there WILL be a lockdown in the near future).

and I am convinced you are correct... lock down on its way to a province near you 555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

As the UK is finding out, actions which worked previously on less infectious variants of the Covid virus do not work on variants with higher infectivity. Thailand cannot just do what it did before, that will not work. If Thailands new outbreak is the DG641 variant or similar it will move much more quickly than before.

Failure to stop mass gatherings countrywide will be a disaster for Thailand.

ASQ hotels might just be the safest place to be for foreigners entering Thailand in a very short while.

Don't forget the A222V, the N501Y, the H69/V70, the  P681H and the new VUI-202012/01 running riot in the UK. There's another 4000 or so mutations floating around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

If your old or sick stay inside.  Let's not forget this virus can be defeated by not getting close to people, wearing a mask and washing your hands frequently.

It's not the plague!

'Its not the plague'.....At the moment.

We've seen a more virulent strain appear in the UK. 

Is it possible a more lethal strain could develop in the not too distant future?

(Similar to SARS back in 2002.....that again, the CCP lied about and tried to cover up).

This thought is the worrying one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Provinces in Orange zone [Controlled areas]: 

Samut Songkhram, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom & Bangkok - No cross-provincial movement of migrant workers. Mass events are discouraged, but not banned, 

Hardly surprising that migrant workers are reporting increases in hateful behaviour is it?

The above is nothing short of State Sponsored Racism.  The virus is present in all sectors of the community in those areas - as established by recent tests.  So why is it only migrant workers are banned from crosss provincial travel?

• Like 1

Just called the Icon Siam location where we are scheduled to spend the New Years Countdown on the Balcony overlooking the River and the fireworks.  I was told that they are still having the event and there is no plan to cancel it.  7 days between now and then.  Lets see how Thailand fares as this moves forward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

less infectious variants of the Covid virus do not work on variants with higher infectivity.

Can you define these terms...do you know what they mean in this context? To my knowledge, the new virus varients aren't more "infectious" than other varients...they both float about in the air on droplets/aerosols expelled by already infected persons. You either inhale an infecting quantity of virus and become "infected" or you don't. Are you saying with the new strain a smaller quantity of virus or a shorter exposure time will cause infection? Wearing masks and proper personal hygiene and avoiding mass public or private gatherings is still the best way to prevent infection with any of the virus varients. 

2 hours ago, Suua said:

'Its not the plague'.....At the moment.

We've seen a more virulent strain appear in the UK. 

Is it possible a more lethal strain could develop in the not too distant future?

(Similar to SARS back in 2002.....that again, the CCP lied about and tried to cover up).

This thought is the worrying one.

Its not more virulent, its more contagious! Dont get too close to people, wear a mask and wash your hands frequently

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime minister Prayut said on Thursday there is no national lockdown order planned for Thailand

only 76 regional lockdowns, therefore not my fault says Prime minister Prayut, I said there wasn't to be a national lockdown and by the way consumption of alcohol gives you COVID-19, so it should be banned for the masses.

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Can you define these terms...do you know what they mean in this context? To my knowledge, the new virus varients aren't more "infectious" than other varients...they both float about in the air on droplets/aerosols expelled by already infected persons. You either inhale an infecting quantity of virus and become "infected" or you don't. Are you saying with the new strain a smaller quantity of virus or a shorter exposure time will cause infection? Wearing masks and proper personal hygiene and avoiding mass public or private gatherings is still the best way to prevent infection with any of the virus varients. 

I know you're a bit of a smart *rse, but perhaps if you know as much as you pretend, you would know that the new variants are more infectious, more worrying and pass quicker through the community because they reproduce quicker and therefore pass on a higher viral load when expelled. 

* and it's variAnt

here's a link from people more knowledgable than either of us https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4944

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Are you saying with the new strain a smaller quantity of virus or a shorter exposure time will cause infection?

Only that it can get inside your cells easier in order to replicate and beat the natural defenses. The odds of anyone exposed to the virus catching it are increased.

Infected cells can also produce a higher payload of new virus copies into your body so the speed of the virus spread in your body may increase making you contagious in a shorter time from infection.

Edited by Muzzique