Will Thailand Relax Quarantine if You Have Had the Vaccine for Covid ?

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Are you suggesting that the ones that have invested and own all these big hotels and resorts that are now sitting empty have no power , and the government is catering to the few who service the quarantine industry?  

Yes.I am suggesting that certain hotels and facilities will receive certain favours, you forget this is Thailand.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Update

30 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Yes.I am suggesting that certain hotels and facilities will receive certain favours, you forget this is Thailand.

I agree that certain hotels and facilities will receive certain favours but IMO It would be the larger portion of the tourist industry that represents the $60 plus billion industry because they have deeper pockets rather than the tiny in comparison quarantine industry.

But i could be wrong. As you said, TIT and stranger things than that have happened. 

My personal opinion and hope is that in the next 6 months things will begin to normalise.   but then again I thought covid thing will be better in the US than in Thailand, and here I am stuck in Fl afraid to go out. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, treetops said:

Even those having the vaccine in most cases will still be able to catch Covid, but the vaccine means it will be much less severe.  It is also not yet known but suspected that they will still be able to transmit the disease.

Based on that the sensible thing woul be to not relax quarantine rules based on someone having had the virus.

Is there a doctor in the house?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

With the ever improving efficiency of the Covid Vaccines can anyone forecast if Thailand will relax the quarantine rules, me being cynical I think maybe but not by much as currently the ASQ Hotels and Hospitals are receiving a decent income which goes towards the lost income they would have received from Tourism

You expect anyone can predict the actions of the Thai authorities? Nobody here had a direct line.....

Let us say, when the countries exhibit close to zero new cases for a week or two (rather than tens of thousands per day) , we might be in with a chance. 

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

How do you arrive at that conclusion. 

"...very positive results from the vaccines....."

Talk about wishful thinking not to mention the logistics of roll out of vaccine. Even more so in Thailand.

Developments re the Oxford / Astra Zeneca vaccine today suggest the UK will be able to vaccinate millions of it's population starting within the next week. This vaccine will be a lot easier to administer and will not require storage at minus a zillion degrees. Great news for poorer nations across the world. 

If as is hoped the UK population gets vaccinated and the case numbers drop through the floor, who's to say the Thai government won't allow Brits to start reviving the tourist industry again by Spring? 

Wishful thinking is all I have to hold onto, stuck here as winter takes grip ????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Developments re the Oxford / Astra Zeneca vaccine today suggest the UK will be able to vaccinate millions of it's population starting within the next week. This vaccine will be a lot easier to administer and will not require storage at minus a zillion degrees. Great news for poorer nations across the world. 

If as is hoped the UK population gets vaccinated and the case numbers drop through the floor, who's to say the Thai government won't allow Brits to start reviving the tourist industry again by Spring? 

Wishful thinking is all I have to hold onto, stuck here as winter takes grip ????

Some papers even claiming the UK will be out of Covid restrictions by February... 100 million doses secured, nice to see some optimism even if rather a stretch. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

....... allow Brits to start reviving the tourist industry again by Spring? 

Spring meaning March, April, May.....

I suggest you buy some gloves and new jacket or be prepared for quarantine.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What about this certificate that already exists. I have had to keep one before to use if needed when traveling internationally.

b

OOOOO..I still have mine as well...forgot I had it.....(gets pen out and does my best official handwriting) ????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Muzzique said:

No, provided we can trust the vaccines and certificates.

Notable.

Any kind of documentation can be falsified or stolen. Even a national health card. Vaccines might even be fake.

There should be an instant test on demand to confirm an effective (ie., 2nd shot of a two-part vaccine) and legitimate (ie., approved by WHO/FDA covid-19 vaccine in the body. 

16 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

With the ever improving efficiency of the Covid Vaccines can anyone forecast if Thailand will relax the quarantine rules, me being cynical I think maybe but not by much as currently the ASQ Hotels and Hospitals are receiving a decent income which goes towards the lost income they would have received from Tourism.

Thailand has been slow on the uptake in ordering the vaccine some say Thailand wants to develop its own vaccine others say currently there is no need to rush for a vaccine as Thailand has Covid  under control, the vast majority of the population are in favour of keeping foreigners out.

FYI:
"It's particularly concerning that Thailand has only signed a contract for 26 million doses (13 million people if two shots are needed) with AstraZeneca in 2021. Siam Bioscience will produce 200 million doses, but most of those will be exported."

If this is true, dont expect non quarantine entry to be allowed till end of 2021 at the EARLIEST

FYI:
Are all vaccines equal?  will the Chinese one be accepted for travel world wide?

to many question,   way to few answers, i think wee can be safe in that 2021 will NOT be the year the world opens up.

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TSF said:

I agree with ubonjoe. By June 2021 we should be seeing very positive results from the vaccines, and a relaxing of tough immigration regulations in Thailand and many other countries for vaccinated travelers. 

But that pre-supposes that a vaccine-resistant mutation of the COVID-19 virus does not emerge between now and then, of course.

vaccs have just been rolled out.as they become used more widely and faster we will see countries allowing people whove had the shot to travel work shop etc,thats the idea of it from what ive heard govt and media say.govts are making a mess of it. see USA,germany and eu also uk who just cant seem to get their act together and shut up and get on with anything,the AZ jab comes out this week and promises over 90% cover,this will be the game changer,its 4 US a go and easy to store,wow a Xi submarine and most of thailand s covered.sleaze control obviously didnt do the math.we already see the culture of prostitution rear its head again with vaccs on sale in private hospitals,no moral compass here and these people are always boasting about how well educated and superior they are.ummm

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If countries start insisting a vaccination before entry I think a stamp in your Passport similar to a visa.

Back in the 90's I got a vaccination certificate booklet from my local clinic in the UK for yellow fever etc, so they'll probably still supply them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, moobie said:

One question which needs to be answered is how would the individual declare they have been vaccinated? As far as I know those in the UK haven't received any form of certificate after the vaccination has been given and on the Global stage would such a thing be accepted anyway?

Maybe they will get it after the second vaccination as there is a 21 day wait for 1 and a 28 day wait for the second dose of the other. They are not likely to give it out on the first dose as it has not been completed. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

vaccs have just been rolled out.as they become used more widely and faster we will see countries allowing people whove had the shot to travel work shop etc,thats the idea of it from what ive heard govt and media say.govts are making a mess of it. see USA,germany and eu also uk who just cant seem to get their act together and shut up and get on with anything,the AZ jab comes out this week and promises over 90% cover,this will be the game changer,its 4 US a go and easy to store,wow a Xi submarine and most of thailand s covered.sleaze control obviously didnt do the math.we already see the culture of prostitution rear its head again with vaccs on sale in private hospitals,no moral compass here and these people are always boasting about how well educated and superior they are.ummm

The 'idea' of the vaccine is not to enable people to travel, it's to stop them dying. Vaccinated people can still carry it so borders can only open when the local populations have been largely vaccinated. The question for Thailand is whether they will supply it for free, when and how many will attend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Notable.

Any kind of documentation can be falsified or stolen. Even a national health card. Vaccines might even be fake.

There should be an instant test on demand to confirm an effective (ie., 2nd shot of a two-part vaccine) and legitimate (ie., approved by WHO/FDA covid-19 vaccine in the body. 

Ideally a test for antibody levels would be done a few weeks after the vaccination. I have twice had a course of injections for Hepatitis B. On both occasions my antibody levels were checked a few weeks later. A cheap and easy test. On both occasions my results came back as "insufficient antibodies".

19 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Thai population is vaccinated.  That won't even start for 5 months at the earliest and would certainly take many months.

You mean years....

Even in the most efficient country in Europe, Germany, they started vaccinating the elderly and most vulnerable first (of course). Predictions are that Germans below the age of 45 can get their vaccine in December 2021. So in December 2021 they still have to vaccinate over 40 mln citizens (that is in Germany).

With a population of 250 mln citizens in the US of A how long will it take there? 6 years?

• Like 1