Young wife attacked with box cutter by husband on way to get a divorce

webfact

Young wife attacked with box cutter by husband on way to get a divorce

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A 25 year old Thai woman has told a foundation that helps women and children how she was attacked by her husband on the way to get a divorce. 

She needed 91 stitches to face, arm and hand wounds after the attack that started on a motorcycle in Phanat Nikhom, Chonburi.

"Koi" told Paveena Hongsakul at her foundation in Pathum Thani that she had been with "Chai", 26, for five years and they had two daughters aged 2 and 4.

He habitually argued with her and beat her up but she stayed with him because of the children. However, things didn't improve and she moved out into a flat though she continued to look after the children going to Chai's house each day. 

On 18th December they decided to divorce and Chai was waiting for her downstairs at her flat and they hailed a motorcycle taxi to take them to sign divorce papers at the district office. 

She said that she sat in the middle with Chai on the back. Suddenly he produced a box cutter from the pocket of his trousers and slashed her face.

The taxi driver stopped and tried to prevent further trouble but Chai kept slashing at her face and caused injuries to her hands and arms as she tried to ward off the savage attack. 

Chai then ran off. 

At hospital Koi received 73 stitches to her face and 18 on her hands and arms. 

She went to the Phanat Nikhom police who said they would wait on the filing of medical reports before charging her husband.

Fearing that she would not receive justice and could be subjected to further attacks Koi went to Paveena, a well known activist who handles violent cases against women and children.

She called the provincial police chief and the head of the Phanat Nikhom station who said that the matter was under investigation. 

Sanook reported that the man responsible for the attack is a member of the cock-fighting fraternity.  

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-29

• Sad 3

25 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

This is a Thailand forum!

Yes, of course.  Where-ever it is, it is very prudent to have a wider field of vision. Most times, we tend to be like the proverbial ostrich when we dive into a cave. 

Edited by ravip

1 hour ago, webfact said:

... She went to the Phanat Nikhom police who said they would wait on the filing of medical reports before charging her husband. ...

Translates as they're waiting to see how much cash Chai the Slasher can come up with for them to forget about it all.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

... She called the provincial police chief and the head of the Phanat Nikhom station who said that the matter was under investigation. ...

Translates as Chai the Slasher better have a lot more cash than was initially thought.

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

It's a sad cultural trait! They see it as a show of manhood, they are the biggest wimps I have ever encountered!

And of-course these things never happen ou

tside of Thailand in other communities !?!?

https://interactive.unwomen.org/multimedia/infographic/violenceagainstwomen/en/index.html#nav-1

4 hours ago, ravip said:

This type of nutcases exists worldwide - why make it a Thai speciality?

One huge problem today worldwide is,  the issue with 'biased' minds.

And so do these "Oh butt he rest of the word" posts. Yes there are women being abused all over the world but It very much is a Thai thing and very common, let's not forget this is a Thai forum originally set up for foreigners to comment and gossip about news articles. I have never seen a woman being kicked and punched in the street multiple times and being dragged by her hair along the road in daylight hours any where I have been in the world yet I have seen it multiple times in Thailand! Go figure..... Oh and my dads wife was  married to a Thai man and she had several stays in hospital with broken bones after being beaten to a pulp oh but that was in the UK so maybe that's what you mean? 

Edited by Scot123
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

And so do these "Oh butt he rest of the word" posts. Yes there are women being abused all over the world but It very much is a Thai thing and very common, let's not forget this is a Thai forum originally set up for foreigners to comment and gossip about news articles. I have never seen a woman being kicked and punched in the street multiple times and being dragged by her hair along the road in daylight hours any where I have been in the world yet I have seen it multiple times in Thailand! Go figure..... Oh and my dads wife was  married to a Thai man and she had several stays in hospital with broken bones after being beaten to a pulp oh but that was in the UK so maybe that's what you mean? 

Of course. Of course

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

Ok, let’s say it is a state of mind that flourishes in Thailand AND India !

Thank God. None of the other countries don't have this "state of mind"

Thank you for THAT information

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Until MEN challenge each other notions of  control and masculinity it will continue, we are the perpetrators and the solution to the matter

I think you will find men, from most western countries, feel a sense of injustice from the various divorce courts in relation to property settlements and access to their children.  

I don't condone violence against women, but until these courts realize there should be equality in divorce, men will continue to feel aggrieved by court verdicts, which starts many on the path to revenge.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, RJRS1301 said:

In Australia is murdered by her domestic partner, the rate of other physical attacks on women is totally unacceptable.

Until MEN challenge each other notions of  control and masculinity it will continue, we are the perpetrators and the solution to the matter

Could be that blokes who do this kind of stuff, from any country, were born <deleted>.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I think you will find men, from most western countries, feel a sense of injustice from the various divorce courts in relation to property settlements and access to their children.  

I don't condone violence against women, but until these courts realize there should be equality in divorce, men will continue to feel aggrieved by court verdicts, which starts many on the path to revenge.   

Most of the physical violence, all the sexual violence, the verbal violence, co-ercive financial control, psychological abuse, happens long before the idea of divorce or leaving ever occurs

Do not blame the courts, look at the way men address issues of anger, and respect, sexuality, partnerships, then address the other issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

Most of the physical violence, all the sexual violence, the verbal violence, co-ercive financial control, psychological abuse, happens long before the idea of divorce or leaving ever occurs

Do not blame the courts, look at the way men address issues of anger, and respect, sexuality, partnerships, then address the other issues.

You are describing toxic relationships and / or marriages. 

For the many couples, there has never been any violence, and they have been happy together for years, until the relationship sours. 

It's when solicitors and judges are involved, the chances of being amicable are gone, and injustice, either perceived, or real, can set either party on a path to revenge.       

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

You are describing toxic relationships and / or marriages. 

For the many couples, there has never been any violence, and they have been happy together for years, until the relationship sours. 

It's when solicitors and judges are involved, the chances of being amicable are gone, and injustice, either perceived, or real, can set either party on a path to revenge.       

This topic is about a woman being slashed by a male, her husband, n the way to sign papers, this BEFORE the divorce courts.

The judges and solictors are not there when when most domestic violence occurs (look at the stats)  they end up in courts because men far too often abuse women, physically, sexually, and financially..

Lawyers, judges, advocates do not beat women to death, intimate partners do.

Men who have poor impulse control 

Edited by RJRS1301