Foreigners who have been vaccinated still need to quarantine

snoop1130

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

They're idiots, vaccination is the only way out of this mess and as such it's their ultimate goal yet it's obviously not good enough for them.

I suspect they will also be quarantining recovered patients as well, those who are immune to it?

Recovered patients are NOT immune to it, there are people who got it twice. It is unknown if people who got vaccinated can pass it on. Who is the idiot?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

they are better off saying nothing expensive thailand might was already hitting thailand when other neighbouring tourist countries open it will have to chase the few who do start to travel a lot can happen between now and 2022

it will be a buyers market when they emerge from dreamland

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe they will change the rules  again when it suits them.if i have the jab then i should be safe like many other people worldwide.if the same vaccine in use then they must accept you don,t have it.It is like 50k to stay in the hotel  when u know you are safe.every country will be taking the vaccine including thailand when that happens who knows

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, ftpjtm said:

Interesting position. Also that the Thai FDA has not yet approved any vaccine for use in Thailand. This could be because;

- Thai virologists are working tirelessly to peer review the work of their colleagues in Europe, USA and other western countries, or;

- To save face as Thais watch vaccinations begin elsewhere, while their own government failed to procure any for Thais, or;

- To protect the financial interests of Siam Bioscience who will begin manufacturing the AstraZeneca vaccine in Q3 2021, and happens to have nepotistic connections with certain Thai powerbrokers.

Or maybe a combination of several of the above. 

But in the meantime, for whatever reason, Thai Healthcare workers and ASQ workers are being subjected to a second wave of COVID infections without the benefit of vaccination. 

The  sick  society of  Thailand is  so rank  full of  corruption this IS  the most  likely  scenario.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

So is this Guy is suggesting that the vaccine is not going to be sufficient, or are they being blinded by how much the ASQ are generating for the Government as quoted a couple of months ago, that it generated over a billion Baht in 2 months.... 

I think he has questions over the effectiveness of the vaccines. Without long term trials that question has not been answered.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RR2020 said:

In the whole of 2020 only 377 people under 60 years old  have died in England from Covid who had no "known" underlying disease.  This is from NHS statistics openly available.

Once you have vaccinated all people over 65............thats the end of the pandemic.

The UK and Israel will be the first countries in the world to achieve this.

The issue, of course, is that millions of us have loved ones with underlying diseases that we hope (and expect) to be around for decades.  Not to mention those of us who have lived with underlying health issues for decades.  And we'd like to be around for some more decades.

Here in the USA, most of us know someone who died unexpectedly of Covid.  Young(ish), vibrant, and otherwise healthy.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, asiasurfer said:

As long as Thailand has ASQ, very few foreigners will come. By the way, what about Thais traveling to Russia or Europe to get their vaccine jab?? Do they need to quarantine upon return as well? 

I'm waiting for this trend to happen anyway: Wealthy Thais traveling abroad to get their Covid vaccine at their own cost. Because this government is not capable of getting the vaccinations going in Thailand, for a variety of reasons.

Also, wouldn't it be sad if travellers couldn't be ripped off any more in one of those overpriced, low quality ASQ's?? 

Good riddance TAT! 

I'm pretty sure most unconnected Thais entering the kingdom will have to be quarantined.

If you are vaccinated then this is good opportunity to go to Costa Rica because prices will be much lower and not crowded. Costa Rica does not require a quarantine.

Since Nov. 1, Costa Rica has allowed all countries in the world to enter by air, as long as they meet the country’s visa and COVID-19 entry requirements.

The Government of the Republic has facilitated the entry of international tourists, and since Oct. 26, eliminated the requirement of RT-PCR tests for the detection of the coronavirus. Neither Costa Ricans nor foreigners will be issued sanitary confinement (or quarantine) orders when entering the country by air. These measures are subject to change and dependent on the evolution of the pandemic both in Costa Rica and around the world.

Tourists visiting Costa Rica are asked to abide by the sanitary protocols implemented for carrying out all tourist activities in the country.

Edited by Don Chance
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

My thoughts are Japan will have to be the first country and a good one to deal with if a vaccine will allow entry for many nationalities  in Asia ( or perhaps the world) I see TV commercials several times a week for the July 2021 Tokyo Olympics that were delayed from last year. The pressure must be massive for the Japanese. Many people will want to arrive in June or even May. Thailand and others will follow Japans lead. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

They're idiots, vaccination is the only way out of this mess and as such it's their ultimate goal yet it's obviously not good enough for them.

I suspect they will also be quarantining recovered patients as well, those who are immune to it?

The only idiots are people that don't have the common sense to understand that's what most reasonable countries will be doing. 

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-exemptions-for-returning-australians-vaccinated-against-covid-19-under-consideration-hotel-quarantine/a8778eea-e262-4a3a-9314-38c2ee880a4e

The real idiots are the ones who don't understand the difference between vaccination and transmission.  ????

Edited by starky
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

Maybe you should rethink what you said . It is my understanding that you can get covid before the vaccine and after the vaccine until maybe a couple of weeks later .

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

So is this Guy is suggesting that the vaccine is not going to be sufficient, or are they being blinded by how much the ASQ are generating for the Government as quoted a couple of months ago, that it generated over a billion Baht in 2 months.... 

the latter

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Lingba said:

They are idiots...

are you referring to video in the article or the article itself?

would be interesting to see another George Floyd incident, I wonder police would backdown on lockdown restrictions again, and covid would only just make the small print like last time...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1