Foreigners who have been vaccinated still need to quarantine

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Until everybody follows the guidelines, this virus will never go away.  Sadly.

I'm no expert on jabs, but who in their right mind would wipe their hands with alcohol 600 times a day? :cheesy:

The flu has never gone away either, but we have never shut everything down because of it, our immune systems will sort it out. As far as the alcohol goes, you obviously dont get around much, every mall, shopping center, work, trains all have a bottle of alcohol you have to use.

Anyway, I think you have made your point, and I mine. Lets just leave it at that, we all have our own opinions. 

Some of us question and others just agree and follow, keep in mind the ones who are making most of these decisions are not scientists, they are power and money hungry government officials...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, djuiiy said:

Eh?

For the last billion years of so, creatures have defeated infectious disease with immune systems. If vaccines were the 'only way out' of infectious disease, life would never have progressed beyound microbial single cells.
The results are in, and have been available for months, covid has less than a 0.01% mortality rate for healthy humans, including children. Let the common cold spread, just as it has done for millions of years among humans, and stop giving it new scary names ( SARS, covid 19, covid 21, corona ) = common cold. 

Exactly!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

The flu has never gone away either, but we have never shut everything down because of it, our immune systems will sort it out. As far as the alcohol goes, you obviously dont get around much, every mall, shopping center, work, trains all have a bottle of alcohol you have to use.

Anyway, I think you have made your point, and I mine. Lets just leave it at that, we all have our own opinions. 

Some of us question and others just agree and follow, keep in mind the ones who are making most of these decisions are not scientists, they are power and money hungry government officials...

depends how many LB's you fondle I guess....

2 minutes ago, Seeall said:

depends how many LB's you fondle I guess....

I actively avoid that mate! I do like taking the family for dinner, movies, holidays etc.. Every one of those places involves rubbing alcohol on your hands, especially if your are Farang, it seems we can get the virus from other countries even if we have been here the whole time...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

I actively avoid that mate! I do like taking the family for dinner, movies, holidays etc.. Every one of those places involves rubbing alcohol on your hands, especially if your are Farang, it seems we can get the virus from other countries even if we have been here the whole time...

yes indeed....  I read plastic and metal surfaces has 2 weeks life span.. ughhhh   yesterday saw a fwit farang touching every can on the shelf...   all the same product.. must be on drugs..  but made me wonder that if he was infected how much spreading hes doing...  I nearly said something to  him....

2 minutes ago, Seeall said:

yes indeed....  I read plastic and metal surfaces has 2 weeks life span.. ughhhh   yesterday saw a fwit farang touching every can on the shelf...   all the same product.. must be on drugs..  but made me wonder that if he was infected how much spreading hes doing...  I nearly said something to  him....

I'm not sure I'm convinced it can last that long, but the Thai people are <deleted> scared of us! Strangest thing is people you work with everyday, they have known you for years, know you have not been anywhere, but start getting worried you might make them sick! Its mad!

• Like 1

Just now, jossthaifarang said:

I'm not sure I'm convinced it can last that long, but the Thai people are <deleted> scared of us! Strangest thing is people you work with everyday, they have known you for years, know you have not been anywhere, but start getting worried you might make them sick! Its mad!

yes I seen that too.....  but I guess people not educated and been around and not used to forward actve thinking just work with instincts.. and anyways.. its well know tellyman fact that farang are dirty...

14 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Spreading of covid 19 seems to be very low through contact , since the average Joe don't spread very much virus compared to the amount used in several studies. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-53783890

14 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Have you given up, or just incapable of understanding?

There is no hard data yet that being vaccinated stops someone from being contagious, so they are making the right decision.

In most respiratory infections, including the new coronavirus, the nose is the main port of entry. The virus rapidly multiplies there, jolting the immune system to produce a type of antibodies that are specific to mucosa, the moist tissue lining the nose, mouth, lungs and stomach. If the same person is exposed to the virus a second time or has been vaccinated, those antibodies, as well as immune cells that remember the virus, rapidly shut down the virus in the nose before it gets a chance to take hold elsewhere in the body. “It’s a race: It depends whether the virus can replicate faster, or if the immune system can control it faster as to whether it can be spread by an "immune" person. That said, if more and more people have been vaccinated or recovered, the virus will die out as did the Spanish Flu 1918-1920 which was H1N1 influenza A virus, not dissimilar to Covid-19. Probably worse case a 5 day quarantine of a vaccinated person should be more than adequate

Just now, DREW99 said:

Is there some cartel pricing at work. A quick, non thorough, browse indicates the starting price for foreigners quarantine are all at 43,000 Baht.

Doesnt suprise me at all......  lucky all needed workers from mynmar, thai hiso vips and goverment workers are imune and dont need this.......  just the dirty farang...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think we have the answer here , and if you have follow the news you should now who that is behind this company , cant name him here of diffrent resons !!!! And whit the submarins them have to start pay on again next year and the moon rocket to 3 billion bath I dont think them have much money left to vaccine they own people , great goverment ????

"To protect the financial interests of Siam Bioscience who will begin manufacturing the AstraZeneca vaccine in Q3 2021, and happens to have nepotistic connections with certain Thai powerbrokers." 

Edited by engamann
  • Like 2

You got your vaccine and YOU are save from this virus - let's believe it ...
So you go travelling and touch something where the virus was just placed by an infected person a few minutes ago.
Then you touch the next thing and you LEAVE THE VIRUS ON IT. Next unvaccined person picks it up and gets infected.
Vaccinated or not, you can spread infections. Yes? No?

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

That's fake news.  Don't fall for it. He's a fantastic health care professional and one of the smartest in the world with regard to this. 

The virus is new.  Science was trying to figure out what it was.  Mistakes were made, changes ordered.  Doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing.  Don't fall for the misinformation on the fringe media sites.

:jap:

Noted with thanks

• Like 1

Oxford/AZ vaccine approved for use in UK.

This is the one Thailand will make locally.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55280671

Up to 90% protection.

Important...............not one single hospitalisation among all persons getting the jab in the trial.  So it seems to, so far, give 100% protection from severe Covid.

Also seems the 2nd dose can be up to 12 weeks after the 1st.

UK will roll this out from 4th Jan.  

10 hours ago, Virt said:

Yet WHO fears it will become an endemic, which means we will have to get used to vaccines jabs once in a while.

If so, i wonder how Thailand will react to that.

They can't put people in quarantine forever.

Can't they? The unelected "PM" and his soldiers can do what they like, the ASQ is a big moneymaker for them. Who is going to stop them or vote them out?

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

They're idiots, vaccination is the only way out of this mess and as such it's their ultimate goal yet it's obviously not good enough for them.

I suspect they will also be quarantining recovered patients as well, those who are immune to it?

I agree the Vaccination would seem the only way forward, but its effectiveness on a large scale has not been confirmed.

There are also cases where patients have recovered, provided a negative test, and then been tested positive again at a later stage. even the testing has a high level of false positives and therefore there must be false negatives as well. 

Caution until something has been proven over time is not a bad thing.    

17 hours ago, asiasurfer said:

As long as Thailand has ASQ, very few foreigners will come. By the way, what about Thais traveling to Russia or Europe to get their vaccine jab?? Do they need to quarantine upon return as well? 

I'm waiting for this trend to happen anyway: Wealthy Thais traveling abroad to get their Covid vaccine at their own cost. Because this government is not capable of getting the vaccinations going in Thailand, for a variety of reasons.

Also, wouldn't it be sad if travellers couldn't be ripped off any more in one of those overpriced, low quality ASQ's?? 

Good riddance TAT! 

17 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

I would say almost certainly not, or they'll be offered some free 3-day quarantine etc.

From the op: 

The Public Health Ministry issued a statement on Tuesday saying all arrivals to Thailand will have to undergo the mandatory 14-day quarantine even if they have been vaccinated.

Does that help you feel better now? 

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Yes, but where does it say that it's going to be 100% effective against the new variant? this is my point!  and this is why the Thai government are still worried and have their doubts. 

The current jabs aren't 100% effective.  What's your point?  Science takes time.

All in all just another nail in the Coffin of Tourism.   Why anyone would want to come here for a 'holiday' in the current circumstances is beyond me as it's an expensive and dangerous place enough without all the add on's that have happened since last Spring.   People seem to kid theirself that Thailand is some sort of cheap Asian Paradise; sorry but those days are long gone !

• Like 1