Foreigners who have been vaccinated still need to quarantine

snoop1130

Life is full of uncertainties, just like the long term efficacy of the vaccines and the different types that have been created.  It will take well over a year to vaccinate everyone and then another year to determine the true efficacies.  Wil they last long term or do boosters need to be given after a titer test has been given to see what antibodies the body currently has and if they are at a level which does not need boosting.  So in the long run Quarantine seems to be a part of world wide travel when and if it ever gets back up and running.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sezze said:

Lets close all hospitals , and let doctors do different jobs . Survival of the fittest as you say . Why treat somebody with a broken leg , or a heart condition , or diabetic ? You might find this a joke , but why make a difference between covid and any other illness/condition . This is how stupid it sounds . All is fine , as long as it isnt your family who is sick , your baby , your parents , knowing that they can be saved .

Heartless.  I'd love to hear your response if you had a medical issue and had to be careful.  You'd be singing a different tune.  You don't seem to understand this pandemic very well.

• Confused 1

They are absolutely correct to keep quarantine for vaccinated tourists. It has been proven that although you have been vaccinated you can still be a carrier and infect other people so until nearly everybody vaccinated it is not much good for mass movement of people. And trust me I have not been home for 18 months because of where I work and quarantine restrictions but also I have an 20 month old baby at home and won't risk her health until I know for sure it is safe for me to go home. Also Thailand can not cope with an outbreak like the west is having and struggling with, it will be overwhelmed

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

They're idiots, vaccination is the only way out of this mess and as such it's their ultimate goal yet it's obviously not good enough for them.

I suspect they will also be quarantining recovered patients as well, those who are immune to it?

You can still be a carrier even if vaccinated. Dang!

They're idiots, vaccination is the only way out of this mess and as such it's their ultimate goal yet it's obviously not good enough for them.

I suspect they will also be quarantining recovered patients as well, those who are immune to it?

Money Scam as Usual

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Heartless.  I'd love to hear your response if you had a medical issue and had to be careful.  You'd be singing a different tune.  You don't seem to understand this pandemic very well.

You mean PLANDEMIC ... Another lemming happy to jump off the cliff under control

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I posted because of the response of another person , who did say survival of the fittest , lets all just go on . I 100% agree that it is a crazy thought . Survival of the fittest , we don't do that , we take care of eachother .

I so tired of all the ****** , anti vaxxers , flat earthers , 5g , and all other <deleted> .

And i know well enough this covid . 4 far family members died in April in 3 weeks time . 1 other person i know did get seriously ill , but he recovered which side-effects , unknown how long they last . I know a bunch of other who were infected , some asymptomatic , most mild symptoms .

• Like 1

.... what will be the next to keep the hotelrooms occupied- the dead ones and those not born yet ...?....

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, RR2020 said:

In the whole of 2020 only 377 people under 60 years old  have died in England from Covid who had no "known" underlying disease.  This is from NHS statistics openly available.

Once you have vaccinated all people over 65............thats the end of the pandemic.

The UK and Israel will be the first countries in the world to achieve this.

I suggest you provide a specific link to support your claimed figures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem, if I can believe what a doctor said on CNN, is that we don't know if the vaccine prevents people from being infected by the SarsCov2 virus and transmit it to other people. The vaccine only protects you against the disease (COVID-19).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sezze said:

I posted because of the response of another person , who did say survival of the fittest , lets all just go on . I 100% agree that it is a crazy thought . Survival of the fittest , we don't do that , we take care of eachother .

I so tired of all the ****** , anti vaxxers , flat earthers , 5g , and all other <deleted> .

And i know well enough this covid . 4 far family members died in April in 3 weeks time . 1 other person i know did get seriously ill , but he recovered which side-effects , unknown how long they last . I know a bunch of other who were infected , some asymptomatic , most mild symptoms .

Wow!  4 family members?  My heart goes out to you.  You know better than most what this is all about then.

It's a serious virus.  Sad some don't think so.  Have a great day.

"The UK has started vaccinations, but also just had their worst week for infections ...."

But that there are infections in the population has nothing to do with starting a vaccine program. Individuals who are vaccinated are good to go. The Thais are using circular reasoning. 

I wasn't aware that people got certificates saying they have had covid and are now immune.

The idiots are those that believe you can't get it again or that those that have had the vaccine are incapable of spreading it.

Unlikely policy will change much before the majority of the Thai population has been vaccinated.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Foreigners who have been vaccinated still need to quarantine

By The Nation

800_7412cb1b657c01f.jpg

Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Disease Control Department

The Public Health Ministry issued a statement on Tuesday saying all arrivals to Thailand will have to undergo the mandatory 14-day quarantine even if they have been vaccinated.

Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Disease Control Department, said the Covid-19 vaccines are still new and their effectiveness have still not been determined. He added that it still too early to say whether an inoculated person can be considered safe enough to travel.

Hence, he said, before there are clear answers on the vaccine, it will still be necessary for people arriving from overseas to observe quarantine measures.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400433

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-29

This is pure ignorance or simply another way to keep hospitals and ASQ hotels busy in what otherwise would be empty rooms. Almost as daft as keeping us in the quarantine hotels for another 2-3 days after the 2nd negative Covid test which for all but Thai nationals (who apparently don't need the test) is actually the 3rd negative test as you need one from your home country 72 hours before boarding a plane. If the Thai government are going to stand by this decision it will further decimate the tourist industry already on its last legs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, SymS said:

The problem, if I can believe what a doctor said on CNN, is that we don't know if the vaccine prevents people from being infected by the SarsCov2 virus and transmit it to other people. The vaccine only protects you against the disease (COVID-19).

the virus is new, the jabs are new.  Science doesn't fully understand either right now.  But doing a great job in helping us get through this pandemic.

Here's a great podcast to listen to with Faucci explaining what's going on fairly well.

https://edition.cnn.com/audio/podcasts/state-of-the-union-with-jake-tapper?episodeguid=d5908b8f-b8d8-496b-bd5f-ac9e010da462

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RR2020 said:

In the whole of 2020 only 377 people under 60 years old  have died in England from Covid who had no "known" underlying disease.  This is from NHS statistics openly available.

most of those probably suicides or accidents, no symptoms

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

What a bunch of absolute muppets! I give up trying to understand their nonsense day in day out

They are the same muppets as everywhere else on this globe, since there is not one single country globally that has relaxed border or quarantine rules due to vaccinations. The reason is quite simple: Based on current knowledge it would be reckless and rather stupid, especiallly for countries that have low infection rates.

If it were that simple, people with a positive antibody test would have been quarantine excempt from the start. Just research why, if interested.  It will take at least (!) until summer 2021, before you will see relaxations anywhere, for multiple reasons, and Thailand likely will not be the first country to relax border rules (or Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, and Greater China for that matter), instead it will be countries with currently very high infection and death rates, i.e. countries that are currently rushing their people to get vaccinated.

• Like 1

so why even GAMBLE with your health taking something not tested for the long run

vaccine that change your dna to make proteins to a virus that does not make you sick right now

mhhhhh, I'll pass

let's wait for serious side effects when not healthy test persons took it, but people with chronic diseases 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

They'r not idiots. This is the sensible approach until it is known with 100% certainty that the vaccines actually work. I just read today that Australia will allow foreigners and returning expats who have international vaccine certificates ( viz. proof of vaccination ) into the country BUT they will still have to quarantine.  

Also the fact someone has recovered from C19 doesn't automatically make them immune. There are already reported cases in Europe, Australia and the US of people being infected for a 2nd time. The only difference being they recovered faster and the symptoms were not as severe as the first time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

most of those probably suicides or accidents, no symptom

That number is rather useless, since most people die of multiple underlying causes. The only scientifically somewhat comparable number would be the death rate compared to previous years, ideally made even more comparable by taking out absolutely clear death causes e.g. due to traffic accidents (went down in 2020), but considering the death numbers that's not even necessary. You can even take a comparison year with an unusually high number of influenca deaths like 2015. But overall you're right, the total number of deaths will not go up much due to Corona. Eventually everyone who died earlier due to Corona would have died anyway. Just later.

• Thanks 1

theThai. government has done many wrong things concerning this virus, but I agree with this one, just because you have  jab does not say poof it is gone and all is well, it is possible you could still be breathing out the virus and what of a change of cloths, and old cloths burned, plus all new vaccines since the first one ever, has had floors and have had to be stopped or altered, I for one of millions am not ready for a rushed vaccine lets see how things are in6 months after all this time that is not long to see the outcome

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

ASININE... Govt. Policy... One Govt bureau says Open Up - The other says Close Down.

The whole economy of Thailand will continue to plod along being drug down by a stifling recession related to no tourism. The number of underemployed Thais is huge beyond huge.  Not to mentioned the hopelessly unemployed.

The hardships imposed by those with a Salary - Government Salary (not one paycheck missed since January 2020) is totally out of kilter with the personal and collective suffering of a huge percentage of Thai Society. Oh and please do not quote the Thai GDP... The GDP does not buy rice, fish, chicken, etc. for the many affected Thai people. 

This huge Covid outbreak is directly related to the Thai Govt. policy since March of Provincial Lockdowns, travel restrictions, border closure - all done in a vain attempt to treat the whole of Thailand as a huge Quarantine Hotel Room. The CCP Virus cannot be controlled by Lockdowns and Entry restrictions which stops cold any building of Herd Immunity. Now we have most of the Thai population having never been exposed to the Wuhan Virus. So now an internal Covid outbreak fueled by a cluster of infected migrants creates chaos and fear when gradual exposure since last February would have created herd immunity. 

Oh and you Fear Mongering Folks - please buy yourself a Hazmat Suit.  Best to even sleep in it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1