Mall attack settled: Norwegian pays 30K to Thai lady shopper he kicked after trolley misunderstanding

webfact

A thoroughly disgusting situation. If the man did kick the girl for no reason they he deserves all he gets..... But just imagine what might of been said to the man, as we all know, Thais can be real nasty pieces of work with all the usual anti farang comments......   As for the squad in uniform, i'm sick and tired of the constant fancy dress party in third world countrys..... All getting a bit boring now......    What's come out of all this for me is that all i've suspected over years of living in Thailand has been confirmed....... They don't like foreigners, only their money........  and any chance they can they'll rob you on any jumped up charges......

Edited by SupermarineS6B
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Enjoy the monkey house..... you're bound to get there at some stage with you moronic attitude.....

Have you been in there ?   I have, for no reason at all....... Purely jumped up charges.....  All they could say was sorry........ Please go away.......  And i don't think i qualify as a moron...... Just a farang......   

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:
27 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Enjoy the monkey house..... you're bound to get there at some stage with you moronic attitude.....

Have you been in there ?   I have, for no reason at all....... Purely jumped up charges.....  All they could say was sorry........ Please go away.......  And i don't think i qualify as a moron...... Just a farang......   

Since I wasn't talking to you your point is moot......whereas mine to @HashBrownHarry was as you've personally experienced and pointed out. Perhaps he'll get the picture and no fortunately I haven't been in there.

Weird reaction, This situation must happen quite often, methinks. Most of us would laugh it off. The guy's anger certainly doesn't originate from this rather innocuous mishap. I must say, he got off rather lightly  What's interesting is he felt the need to negotiate it down from 40 to 30. What that means, I don't know. Like only native English teachers are usually strapped for the odd 40,000 bt. If I did something stupid, I'd be grabbing the opportunity to make 40,000 bt to make it all go away, with both hands. Having said that, I knew a German guy who was as tight as hell, and I guess the Norweigans and Germans have some affinity.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tonray said:

Nonsense....you don't have the right to kick a tiny woman in the legs twice ! even if she was stealing. That's an idiot with an anger management problem who in all likelihood is also a woman abuser.

When they say 'kicked' what do they actually mean? He may have just tapped her with his foot to gain her attention. I can't imagine someone doing a running roundhouse on another person. Maybe she did try and steal his paid for items? It's another case of 'we only know what the media are telling us'. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Donga said:

Sounds like it was handled quite well after the guy had his silly little outburst.

Video would have been hilarious, big dude kicking the legs of the little Thai lady with a trolley. 

Monty Python comes to mind ????

I would love to see a video of what actually happened. 

Maybe over thunk the situation but have any of you posters ever had your paid for  

trolly stolen? It happens , especially after 11 am when the grog sale time starts. 

I would have asked her first and then kicked the boyfriend fare in the nuts.

Do goody boys,  this shict  does happen just another scam. Beware. But sure, make sure first before you kick them.

Edited by sherwood
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

If I were the victim, I would have proceeded with filing charges and then followed by civil suit. But most people wouldn't want to bother going through a court for something not serious. And it would also be a gamble whether this guy actually have enough money. Otherwise it would be a waste of time and money for civil suit. Still, I'd do it.

Edited by sitti
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I am not so sure it would have been 30,000 if they were both Thai, however, he deserves punishment after his display and should consider himself fortunate that the case is closed.

If he were Thai it wouldn't have happened. 

• Thanks 1

Another fine example of double-pricing, 30k is what a Thai might be expected to pay in compensation for quite a big  crime. I'm not defending the unpleasant idiot, especially in times like these we should all be on our best behaviour, and show respect to our host country, but the difference in the fines a farang and Thai are expected to pay are galling. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1