Restrictions increased in Pattaya/Bang Lamung - non essential business ordered to close

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, George36 said:

TheJournal.ie - FactCheck: Did the creator of PCR tests say they don't work for Covid-19?
https://www.thejournal.ie/kary-mullis-pcr-testing-factcheck-debunk-hse-5271830-Nov2020/

Well no George.

Mulis died last year before the C19 was released.

Milus said technique could not diagnose ANY virus.

At any time, about 70 trillion virus are in/on a human.

A lot of hand-waving going on.

Nothing behind the curtain folks.

Do as you are told.

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

At the moment I have some friends in Pattaya on holiday they can drive out as it stands today, best to get out of there if they can, 

Getting out was easy, getting in was a bit more difficult, but not that hard.

The bigger worry is if they shut down airports, bus terminals and highways so you can't get back to your province.  I think that happened in Phuket, right?

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

But so far Pattaya is not shut down, the last time as far as I know, apart from essential services, no one could leave or enter Pattaya.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

This had nothing to do with entering Pattaya. After restaurants and bars were closed people bought the booze at supermarkets and were drinking together with others on the beach, in front of the shops and at other places. So no masks and no social distancing. That was stopped with the alcohol ban. 

• Like 1

Just wondering .... when will the Thai Health Authority RELEASE HCQ for OTC sales ??? plus I don't mind REGENERON if the price is " affordable "  like : below B. 1,000.- ???

HCQ itself is only B. 750.- but the " test & lab.svc " plus doctor's & nurse's FEES in any hospital can jack up your " Farang Cost " to B. 10,000.-  ...... 

Edited by kg1947
spacing ...
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, kg1947 said:

Just wondering .... when will the Thai Health Authority RELEASE HCQ for OTC sales ??? plus I don't mind REGENERON if the price is " affordable "  like : below B. 1,000.- ???

HCQ itself is only B. 750.- but the " test & lab.svc " plus doctor's & nurse's FEES in any hospital can jack up your " Farang Cost " to B. 10,000.-  ...... 

Please, don't recommend HCQ for CV19.  It's been proven not to work and actually may cause more harm.

Regeneron is massively expensive and impossible to get here.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The bigger worry is if they shut down airports, bus terminals and highways so you can't get back to your province.  I think that happened in Phuket, right?

Yep they first closed the island off then we had lockdowns upon lockdowns in every tamboon 

At the moment they are not allowing the Burmese to leave Phuket

Edited by ChipButty
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

They have to get back to Chiang Mai have to go through a lot of provinces to get there

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Keep them backed up I've got lots of rare records on my phone I made into different playlist 

I have also got songs made in to different playlists, can you back them all up on some sort of exterior hard drive like you do with movies? The input is different.

Just now, ChipButty said:

They have to get back to Chiang Mai have to go through a lot of provinces to get there

I had a friend go back during the last lock down.  They were checked a few times along the way, but no biggie according to them.  Jomtien to CM....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I am referring to what happened the last time, as far as I understand, there were road blocks in and out of Pattaya, I do stand to be corrected though.

There certainly were road blocks going in... I went through them, but don't recall any going out. They didn't really last all that long. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I am referring to what happened the last time, as far as I understand, there were road blocks in and out of Pattaya, I do stand to be corrected though.

Yes, totally blocked off.  You have to prove you lived inside the lock down area, or couldn't get in.  Though one time we went by, nary a soul manning the checkpoint.  You could just drive through.  I think it was around lunch...go figure...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have also got songs made in to different playlists, can you back them all up on some sort of exterior hard drive like you do with movies? The input is different.

Yes. I have them on a couple of places, Hard Drive and on to my PC 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Oldie said:

This had nothing to do with entering Pattaya. After restaurants and bars were closed people bought the booze at supermarkets and were drinking together with others on the beach, in front of the shops and at other places. So no masks and no social distancing. That was stopped with the alcohol ban. 

I was referring to people getting blocked from traveling in and out of Pattaya.

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Got it. That hasn't happened yet, though maybe 2 weeks into the new year that might come as well, since after new year migrations, the numbers are certainly going to go up dramatically.

So let's enjoy the holidays and freedom of movement. It ain't gonna last long.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yes, totally blocked off.  You have to prove you lived inside the lock down area, or couldn't get in.  Though one time we went by, nary a soul manning the checkpoint.  You could just drive through.  I think it was around lunch...go figure...

There was some form you had to fill in and show I recall. And you only had to show you were local, not necessarily living in the centre ... perhaps all Banglamung.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There certainly were road blocks going in... I went through them, but don't recall any going out. They didn't really last all that long. 

Yes, that's where I was getting mixed up, traffic were allowed to leave but not enter.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

For safety reasons it makes sense

if the 7\11 are the only shops open all night long

in deserted and dark streets, they are most exposed

to attacks and robbery, not only for the money they have

but also for the alcool and cigarettes stocks.

Unfortunately few examples of it in the past before the curfew went in effect

Yes, the crime rate, not just in Thailand, must be well up, if someone is seen committing or in the vicinity of a crime and wearing a mask which is not uncommon in these times, no witnesses are going to be able to point them out, so it is going to be very hard for the police to charge them.

In short, if someone is committing a crime and has a mask on, he/she is unlikely to be charged unless caught in the act, or leaves some sort of evidence behind. I wonder why we never seem to see any reports on this.