Restrictions increased in Pattaya/Bang Lamung - non essential business ordered to close

Jonathan Fairfield

16 hours ago, scammed said:

"We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus."

This statement from Dr David Nabarro

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/world-health-organization-coronavirus-lockdown-advice/12753688

I wonder how many posters have actually read this link. It is the most interesting thing globally about this pandemic that I have read, especially coming from  the WHO. It is about time the whole world acted on it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JoePai said:

In malls, supermarkets, pharmacies, banks and mobile phone shops can remain open.

Any idea why phone shops should remail open as not necessary ?

23 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Restrictions increased in Pattaya/Bang Lamung - non essential business ordered to close

breaking news banner V2.png

The governor of Chonburi has ordered increased restrictions in the Pattaya and Banglamung areas of the province.

According to an order issued on Wednesday, all shopping malls are to close in a bid to stop the spread of COVID-19.

Convenience stores such as 7-Eleven and Family Mart must be closed between 22.00 and 05.00, the order also states.

In malls, supermarkets, pharmacies, banks and mobile phone shops can remain open.

Restaurants are allowed to offer takeaway only.

All bars, massage shops and nightclubs must close.

Public swimming pools and gyms must also close, as must public parks and outdoor exercise areas. 

Schools, waterparks, amusement parks, tourist attractions and theatres have also been ordered to close.

All schools and educational centres to close.

All beauticians and spas must close, it is not clear if barbers and hair salons are included in the order. 

It is not clear if golf courses and beaches are included in the order.

Social gatherings and even parties at houses and condos are not permitted. 

The news comes as officials on Wednesday reported a total of 250 new COVID-19 cases in Thailand.

This is a developing news story. This post may be updated without warning.

Source: Chonburi PR

thai+visa_news.jpg

and just where in CHONBURI are the public swimming baths/pools ????

13 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

That study was debunked.  Do some research on it.  Masks work.  Please, don't deny that.

i know i am talking to a wall, but there is a difference between ideal clinical trials environment and how things pan out in practice.

10 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

Hundreds. A number of hotel swimming pools are open to the public. Many commercial Thai saunas have a swimming pool. Also, if the same as the previous lockdown, communal pools (condos/moo bahns) are classed as public.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scammed said:

i know i am talking to a wall, but there is a difference between ideal clinical trials environment and how things pan out in practice.

Agreed.  Especially when I see people using masks like this:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-woman-cuts-hole-in-face-mask-because-it-makes-it-easier-to-breathe/XZ6ND6FW3QTVPYXAJ5YHXJ3EVU/

this is a pretty good study.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/11/11/which-masks-work-best-coronavirus-cdc-guidance-todd-tsr-pkg-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Hundreds. A number of hotel swimming pools are open to the public. Many commercial Thai saunas have a swimming pool. Also, if the same as the previous lockdown, communal pools (condos/moo bahns) are classed as public.

so how do the public get to use 2 pools at my condo......when one has to use ones thumb print to be scanned to open gates?????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I just checked with my wife and my usual travel restrictions are still in place. I cant travel from jomtien to pattaya alone at night, 2-3 gentlemen's clubs in Jomtien are also on the restricted travel list

No worries, all gentlemens clubs are closed. Due to the closure of most businesses I now have no reason to travel outside my local area. During the last lockdown, being in a vulnerable group, I self isolated for 2 months. Easy for me as there's nowhere for me to visit and my wife can do all the shopping. As there have been warnings issued for people who have visited several establishments on Soi Neurn Plub Wan, my local high street, I'll probably self isolate again.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

so how do the public get to use 2 pools at my condo......when one has to use ones thumb print to be scanned to open gates?????????????????????????????????

Irrelevant. My moo bahn has a 24 guard on the gate and bluetooth access but the pool is closed. Rules is rules.

I really don't understand people who try to argue with the rules, particularly in Thailand, it never gets you anywhere. Just deal with it.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Closing public parks shouldn't be a problem - there aren't any.

Dont wanna thread ferk .. but in pedantic cause of accuracy ....there is one on way to Naklua by the fish market. By the huge tree on a traffic island.  Very popular picnic and drinking area with Thais.  I have seen I guess many hundreds at one time on nice evenings. Quite like going there.   Girlfriends kid loved the swings.

I might have perved at the ladies keep fit classes .. I not admitting 'nuffink'.

Tiny swing and play area up by the yacht marina too.  Maybe other towns in Chonburi got some relevent places too.

54 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

None ever invites a guest, friend, or Gogo dancer over for a dip in the pool?

1 hour ago, PAWNEESE said:

Dont wanna thread ferk .. but in pedantic cause of accuracy ....there is one on way to Naklua by the fish market. By the huge tree on a traffic island.  Very popular picnic and drinking area with Thais.  I have seen I guess many hundreds at one time on nice evenings. Quite like going there.   Girlfriends kid loved the swings.

I might have perved at the ladies keep fit classes .. I not admitting 'nuffink'.

Tiny swing and play area up by the yacht marina too.  Maybe other towns in Chonburi got some relevent places too.

Yes i have been to the "park" at Naklua. A flat space of grass about 100 metres by 40 metres. Not my idea of a park.

23 hours ago, madmen said:

Well that's the whole point 

its not the whole point , thewhole point is to stop people buying alcohol not to stop them when they cannot buy it after midnight but to stop it at 10,55am or 4.55pm then they cannot buy it when alcohol buying hours start , you really need to use your noddle , and any reply to this and i wont be engaging conversation with you as i only want to talk to people with sense .

"...in a bid to stop the spread of COVID-19."

If this is the objective, then it will not only fail, but we will never get tourism back. This would be like trying to stop the spread of the flu. It's not an attainable goal. This is a virus, not a flock of chickens. You can't "pen up" a virus; it will spread no matter what you do. 

It would amazing to see Thailand get out of lockstep with the rest of the world and think for themselves on this....oh look! A flying pig!....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

‘public’ is often interpreted to mean ‘anything not within a single occupancy pool-villa’.  It definitely in this context includes condo pools, fitness etc etc.