Restrictions increased in Pattaya/Bang Lamung - non essential business ordered to close

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

The average age of death INCREASED in 2020.  People lived longer than 2019 and 2018.  Meaning "covid" deaths were deaths that were on the docket whether covid existed or not, they were simply relabeled from whatever other ailment would have struck the dying.  Which to date typically has been shown to be obesity, poor living, old age. etc.  

You know people that passed from it?  So do I.  That's known as anecdotal evidence.  Macro level facts prove a different reality than what's being sold to the public.

The true numbers say nothing has changed from the year before in terms of our mortality.  Yes. MORTALITY.  we are mortal.  Not Immortal.

I feel for anyone that passes, from no matter what reason.  However, you don't stop the world from turning, you don't lock everyone up for every inevitable reason that people pass away.

By your logic we would also want Cars, trains, and planes  eliminated immediately.  Also ban using fire, heat...<deleted> even births.  I think the mortaility rate on giving birth is right around that same number, no?  wait. it's much higher.  5.66 out of 1000.  Ban births.

They cause death in much higher percentages than any illness.  And we can take the list of causes of death to any micro level you want.

But who cares?  It doesn't fit your weak name calling that "I'm callous".  Which is NOT an argument based in fact. It's an emotional statement to detract from facts.

But do you want that?  Why not?  Doesn't that make you cold and callous? 

They cause death.  they can 100% be eliminated as reasons for death if we ban use of them.  So let's ban them by your reasoning. Yes?

No? Why don't you see it that way for other aspects of daily life?

Have you just fallen to the high level marketing and propoganda?  Sounds like it to me.

There are more deaths and lives being torn apart from the shut down of the economies than THIS particular disease is doing.

Teh at risk, should take precaution.  They healthy should move forward.  The healthy should be there when those that become ill need it.

But I have a feeling you'll keep pushing what is almost a "Nazi-Level" propaganda control message as "government knows what's best for you" even though you'll find none of them living under the same rules they are putting the masses under....while at the same time snatching up all real assets in the world while eliminating small business owners, the middle classs, and making the poor even more dependent on what the government doles out.

Callous is not feeling for those who's future is being destroyed, food and rent or mortgage being scraped at the moment.  Now, there is not much I can do except live by the rules set forth, which I'm doing.  And I'm lucky, I make my living online...and it's a thriving business that just became even more so due to this paradigm shift in work. 

But I'll be damned to just be an ignorant walking lemming who can't separate the facts from just emotional story selling being done.

I hope that there ia a correction coming in the name of freedom and liberty for the masses.  

Have yourself a good night...with the 'new normal.'

Interesting post, but you do not mention the fact that viruses mutate, rapidly.  In fact, coronavirus has already mutated, several times over.  

Coronavirus needs to be controlled / eradicated BEFORE it can mutate into a virus that if you are infected, YOU ARE DEAD.  Think, Ebola, and similar.    

You bang on about the death stats, but they are only relevant to the current variants of coronavirus circulating the global.  Let it breed up and mutate, and the death toll could be billions from a new strain.

Do you think the above is "high level marketing and propaganda" or science and biology?    

The bassline coming from the soundsystem in the market at the local village is still pumping away but at least the wailing on the karaoke has stopped.

Once you're out of the metropolis the rules don't seem to apply at all

Just announced today. Hua Hin and the entire PKK province is restricted from Dec. 31st to Jan. 6th. No celebrations. All pubs, bars and karaoke closed down. 

And you cannot leave your house without a mask. Only 16 reported cases and 2 deaths in the entire (rather huge) province since March. Can't seem to find any information about cases in Hua Hin in the past week. One customs official was reported as positive. Anything else? 

I would argue this is draconian overkill. I am sure some will say otherwise. 

Edited by spidermike007

5 minutes ago, SidJames said:

The bassline coming from the soundsystem in the market at the local village is still pumping away but at least the wailing on the karaoke has stopped.

Once you're out of the metropolis the rules don't seem to apply at all

Even in the city, the rules are variables

tonight at 6 pm all the bars just beside the police station on beach road were all still open

(No music however.i presume they think the music could attract the virus?)

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Interesting post, but you do not mention the fact that viruses mutate, rapidly.  In fact, coronavirus has already mutated, several times over.  

Coronavirus needs to be controlled / eradicated BEFORE it can mutate into a virus that if you are infected, YOU ARE DEAD.  Think, Ebola, and similar.    

You bang on about the death stats, but they are only relevant to the current variants of coronavirus circulating the global.  Let it breed up and mutate, and the death toll could be billions from a new strain.

Do you think the above is "high level marketing and propaganda" or science and biology?    

Did you read that before you posted.  A virus ....erm.....BREEDING! 

Well, everything is set for me to arrive on January 15th for a long, long stay in Pattaya area.  Scheduled the trip to start a new life in Pattaya with American wife arriving in April.  

Now what?  Put myself in quarantine for 15 days at ASQ followed by a lockdown possible by my release date of January 30th?  

Intended to stay at LK the Empress.  Just learned that Lek Hotel, right down the Soi, had three separate dates for exposure to Covid and are looking for people.

67 with no underlying medical condition.  How about all Expats in Pattaya that are at risk.  Maybe not dying but possibly overtaxing Pattaya’s hospitals.

Have until next Tuesday to decide.  Only penalty to delay is $50 to change flights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeilGeilertzen said:

Good luck with it. I have no plans of throwing in the towel before I am 100 years so I am not taking anything for any team. 

I'll throw in the towel when I get to the point where someone has to wipe my ass and I can't get out of bed 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SidJames said:

They may be right.

The wailing has started back up again, no virus would hang around 14 days listening to this horror.

The stupid vote for me trucks with their million watt speakers quit now we got other idiots with their blaring thump thumb <deleted> that isn't music 

1 hour ago, George36 said:

Well, everything is set for me to arrive on January 15th for a long, long stay in Pattaya area.  Scheduled the trip to start a new life in Pattaya with American wife arriving in April.  

Now what?  Put myself in quarantine for 15 days at ASQ followed by a lockdown possible by my release date of January 30th?  

Intended to stay at LK the Empress.  Just learned that Lek Hotel, right down the Soi, had three separate dates for exposure to Covid and are looking for people.

67 with no underlying medical condition.  How about all Expats in Pattaya that are at risk.  Maybe not dying but possibly overtaxing Pattaya’s hospitals.

Have until next Tuesday to decide.  Only penalty to delay is $50 to change flights.

i wouldnt bother, i would go back home if i had no mobility issues

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Walker88 said:

The US has 330,000,000 people. Even .004 is 1,320,000.

Thailand has 70,000,000 people. .004 of them dying would be 280,000

You're good with that?

Seems cold.

I think it's more reasonable to use the statistics for healthy people who've died of COVID-19. A good place to get those numbers is the US military as we can safely assume they are healthy individuals. The US military has reported a total of 104,010 cases (as of Dec 29) resulting in a total of 14 deaths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake72 said:

I think it's more reasonable to use the statistics for healthy people who've died of COVID-19. A good place to get those numbers is the US military as we can safely assume they are healthy individuals. The US military has reported a total of 104,010 cases (as of Dec 29) resulting in a total of 14 deaths.

How many cases required ICU? How many are long covid cases? What would be the age groups in those categories?

3 hours ago, George36 said:

I don't know exactly what are your plans with your project

but imo the biggest risk, arriving here in Pattaya alone and your wife

joining in few months, is to end quickly in a relationship with a nice sexy

beautiful thai woman, even at 67 yo you should be surprised by the numbers

of thai women in their 30's or 40 's actually hunting actively someone like you

particularly in these troubled times

LK empress is nice and at a good location (A little bit pricey imo)

unfortunately with the actual situation you are going to be bored very quickly

there is not a lot to do or to see, hence the possible situation in my first paragraph

good luck

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KateSpade said:

To those folks who applauding a lockdown I hope you reap your joy... hopefully the Thai Govt will make it illegal to leave your house and you cannot mix with another household, move between provinces and shut everything apart from supermarkets and pharmacies, postal services - ban alcohol and issues fines or jail for breaches + mandatory masks... for the next 12 to 24 MONTHS! Your not getting a vaccine anytime soon, the Oxford vaccine is the preferred one and it has been approved and is being deployed tomorrow in the UK - first in the world... Thailand is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down the list for vaccinations... Stay closed Thailand and be left behind your neighbours by maybe 20+ years after 2025

You are wrong on that, it was only approved today 30/12/2020, The government will start to roll out the vaccinations as of the 4th Jan 2021, at best 2 million jabs a week, so it will take some time to cover the whole UK, please get your facts right before you post.

• Confused 1

A month ago I was visiting Fireworks Festival there, which was amazing, btw. And then I was wondering, if there gonna be any news like this one in a few weeks after that event. Took this picture for my family to show them local social distancing. Ironic, but sure sure it's all because of migrants! ????

IMG_20201127_195403.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, adammike said:

a mate of mine couldn't get on the internet with his new phone and was desperate for the shop to reopen.I managed to get him online by going through it step by step.He is 72.The world and most of the population would be lost if they are offline

Being offline would be the best thing that could happen to the world.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Somebody explain please. Malls closed but supermarkets, pharmacies, banks and mobile phone shops (essential)  in those closed Malls  can remain open ???

yes, just the same as the previous lockdown. Restaurants in shopping malls will offer a takeaway service on the ground floor as they did earlier this year.