Restrictions increased in Pattaya/Bang Lamung - non essential business ordered to close

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

No doubt Lottery sellers will still be allowed to ply their trade with a dozen people crowded round  

The draw was held today so I doubt a dozen people will crowd around a seller right now.

Edited by Suradit69

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is only fair that the army, who took it upon themselves to assume and keep the power and control, to share some of the trillions of baht they have, with the public. If necessary, sell off some of the millions of rai they own, to look after the masses.

Or, just admit they just don't care about the well being of millions, who are out of work. 

Sell it to who, exactly? Only ones who can buy land are Thai nationals. Selling the land off cheaply to the super rich families would be doing a lot for these families and pretty much nothing for the army or the masses. But we can ask some of the influential families if they're interested in some prime land plots at 90% off...

20 minutes ago, pontious said:

It is a Bank Holiday tomorrow - small branches in Tesco / Big C will probably be open.

In the Central Mall they are open every day. A great place to do banking there because they are all on the 4th floor. 

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

You beat me to it.

Were they allowed to open during the first lock-down, I can't remember?

mobile phone shops are remain open i guess because people might need to telephone the hospital and if their phone is not working they can go and get it fixed at a mobile phone shop .

2 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I hope they warn us in time if alcohol gets forbidden again. 

Why? So Thais can stock up on booze and have beach parties the very thing they are trying to avoid 

Same as last time. Announced at midnight effective immediately 

8 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Sell it to who, exactly? Only ones who can buy land are Thai nationals. Selling the land off cheaply to the super rich families would be doing a lot for these families and pretty much nothing for the army or the masses. But we can ask some of the influential families if they're interested in some prime land plots at 90% off...

doubt if top officials will give any money out , and if money is shared out it will lead to even more drinking whiskey in the village all day and night as usual is the case 

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

Why? So Thais can stock up on booze and have beach parties the very thing they are trying to avoid 

Same as last time. Announced at midnight effective immediately 

I think it lasted about one month. It was my longest time without booze and I even lost some weight. But in the meantime... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, barney42bb said:

The whinging and moaning of the tolerated guests in thailand, will reach new levels within this forum.

How long until Thailand introduces it's UK style tier System?

Good Grief!  ????

People here in UK have enough trouble understanding / obeying that!

Do you honestly think it would work in Thailand?

Edited by VBF
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, dabhand said:

I had to change my 5 year old phone just the other day as it was an Android 6 version. A number of Apps now need a newer version, especially banking apps. Although, having said that, I ordered via Lazada so had no need to visit a phone shop.

You’re right, it’s the apps not being supported that is the issue, not the longevity of the actual phone.

3 hours ago, patsfangr said:

Lockdown on 7-11s from 2200 to 0500, leaving them OPEN ALL DAY LONG is in contention for the most ridiculous order of the whole lockdown fiasco! 

For safety reasons it makes sense

if the 7\11 are the only shops open all night long

in deserted and dark streets, they are most exposed

to attacks and robbery, not only for the money they have

but also for the alcool and cigarettes stocks.

Unfortunately few examples of it in the past before the curfew went in effect

8 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

How is that going to stop people buying alcohol when people cannot buy alcohol already after midnight , it should be brought in at the start of buying alcohol at about 4.55 pm 

? Start of buying is 11am.

So according to you they can stock up. 

Your giving me a headache.. Time for a drink 

Edited by madmen

Death by a thousand paper cuts.

I saw several used masks in the water at my local beach. It’s certainly reasonable for the ministry of tourism to outlaw those horrible masks now entering the beautiful beaches, and killing sea life.

5 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

What im worried about as a farlang is that in thailand they are not starting vaccinations until May if you get it before then what you do

If you're worried, you might look into the vast and compelling argument for the use of Ivermectin as either a prophylactic or a treatment.

Edited by Time to grow
spelling error

1 hour ago, Susco said:

I wonder where you had your maths classes

It's not percent, if you did not notice no percent signs were there. Had I put them, it would have been .4%.  At present, deaths in the US are .1%, (~340,000 out of 330 million, or one in a thousand), but his .4% certainly is possible given the current surge.

As for my math, Harvard and Stanford. Since you use 'maths' you're unlikely to be American, so perhaps you are unfamiliar with those two universities. Suffice it to say, they're both pretty decent schools.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 2