Restrictions increased in Pattaya/Bang Lamung - non essential business ordered to close

Jonathan Fairfield

Cant seriously see people travelling to Pattaya now as nothing open 

As for the rest of the country people will travel to  see their families 

Then after the New Year the whole country up to the Provincial Governors will start their local lock downs 

After the Horse has  bolted so to speak

• Like 1

To those folks who applauding a lockdown I hope you reap your joy... hopefully the Thai Govt will make it illegal to leave your house and you cannot mix with another household, move between provinces and shut everything apart from supermarkets and pharmacies, postal services - ban alcohol and issues fines or jail for breaches + mandatory masks... for the next 12 to 24 MONTHS! Your not getting a vaccine anytime soon, the Oxford vaccine is the preferred one and it has been approved and is being deployed tomorrow in the UK - first in the world... Thailand is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down the list for vaccinations... Stay closed Thailand and be left behind your neighbours by maybe 20+ years after 2025

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Jack P said:

How is a business non essential if it pays someone their living?

That is an interesting comment.

Essential means "absolutely necessary".

The places they close seem to not be absolutely necessary for the majority to sustain life.

People can go without a haircut, massage, mall shops, etc.

Some sadly will lose their jobs, yes.  But, that does not affect the majority of people they feel are being protected by these measures.

• Like 1

Just got back from Macro, and there is some very serious stocking up going on, probably the busiest I have ever seen it. Busier than the start of the last lockdown.

Macro appears to have been expecting this rush as they have pallets and pallets of extra stock on the floor, rice, eggs etc.

Mama noodles still in stock but getting low.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

That is an interesting comment.

Essential means "absolutely necessary".

The places they close seem to not be absolutely necessary for the majority to sustain life.

People can go without a haircut, massage, mall shops, etc.

Some sadly will lose their jobs, yes.  But, that does not affect the majority of people they feel are being protected by these measures.

there is an awful lot of unemployed thais now,

and it is absolutely necessary for everyone of them to pay the cost of staying alive, and my patience with lending out has come to an end,

maybe i can send them to you ?

24 minutes ago, KateSpade said:

To those folks who applauding a lockdown I hope you reap your joy... hopefully the Thai Govt will make it illegal to leave your house and you cannot mix with another household, move between provinces and shut everything apart from supermarkets and pharmacies, postal services - ban alcohol and issues fines or jail for breaches + mandatory masks... for the next 12 to 24 MONTHS! Your not getting a vaccine anytime soon, the Oxford vaccine is the preferred one and it has been approved and is being deployed tomorrow in the UK - first in the world... Thailand is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down the list for vaccinations... Stay closed Thailand and be left behind your neighbours by maybe 20+ years after 2025

What do you suggest?

Herd mentality (sic)?

10 minutes ago, scammed said:

and it is absolutely necessary for everyone of them to pay the cost of staying alive, and my patience with lending out has come to an end,

So, you are "lending out" which means you expect them to pay you back?

But sure, PM me the list of all these people I will be glad to give them assistance, with no payback required.

3 hours ago, apetryxx said:

Has anybody bothered to factor in the percentage of the population we’re talking about here and the severity of these cases.? The collateral damage these blanket closings cause is enormous. Social, economic and mental health of the population is far worse than the Covid infection itself. 

What they're factoring is the percentage of the public that WILL be infected at this high rate of transmission if they don't take serious mitigating measures. Obviously. Should they wait until it's too late like in the USA?

6 hours ago, patsfangr said:

Lockdown on 7-11s from 2200 to 0500, leaving them OPEN ALL DAY LONG is in contention for the most ridiculous order of the whole lockdown fiasco! 

The reason for is is that 7/11s are a gathering place for local youths and goes on until the early hours of the morning. it was very noticeable during the last lockdown that the whining scooters that continued into the early hours were suddenly silent.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KateSpade said:

And your point is?

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Barbers?

I went to the barbers a few days ago. 100 baht for a zero no guard. We both wore masks. Barbers are usually small closed shops often with people in close contact so it is unsurprising that they are closed.

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What they're factoring is the percentage of the public that WILL be infected at this high rate of transmission if they don't take serious mitigating measures. Obviously. Should they wait until it's too late like in the USA?

but as statistics show us, children and productive age

shrug it off and in most cases never even noticed.

its about time we retirees take one for the team,

we are meant to go down anyway,

the sooner the less resources we consume

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Is all this effective starting today?

I was out shopping around the Darkside around 1pm when I heard the news on the radio. Quickly finished my shopping and shot back out and had lunch in my favourite restaurant, owner said that he would shut when he was told to. Then went to a nearby bar and ordered a drink, asked the owner when she would be shutting and she replied, "We're supposed to be shut now". After a few minutes she moved everyone inside, pulled the shutters down and locked the door.

I soon became the only customer and engaged a stunning young lady, who I had previously "known" in conversation. After some time we both were overcome by the drink and went for a lie down upstairs. After a very pleasant "sleep" I went out onto the balcony and looking down on the soi below, noticed a constant stream of police motorcycles and cars circling the area.

As I drove home around 7pm I noticed that every bar I passed appeared to be closed. Its over, for how long nobody knows. Make your own arrangements and deal with it. I have gotten an assurance from the restaurant owner that he will continue to do takeaways and the bar owner has told me to just call the girl I knew and she would let me in and start the party. Sorted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

These points were already a massive concern here in Thailand even before Covid

as nothing was done to adress the problem, i presume it's not a priority for the power that be

Great.  These are all problems that will keep the nation from growing and the thb not going through the roof. Any farang with wealth benefit great from such problems no matter what

country It is. 

7 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Maybe all those farang idiots I see regularly in Big C, walking around without a mask over their faces, will start to conform.   Sticking it under your chin doesn't count. 

See those same idiots here in the USA.  They must be cousins with red caps

1 hour ago, KateSpade said:

Absolutely no problem for farangs with 50 rai farm, big house, swimming pool, workshop and lots of toys. Even better if you re well connected  ????????

6 minutes ago, GeilGeilertzen said:

Absolutely no problem for farangs with 50 rai farm, big house, swimming pool, workshop and lots of toys. Even better if you re well connected  ????????

Does any of this provide protection from being infected?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scammed said:

Maybe it could be better to send them to replace few of the 4 millions of

migrants workers from Myanmar/Cambodia\Laos working in Thailand

in hard work\low wage jobs? 

Before you ask me for a link

https://thailand.iom.int/labour-migration

of course dozens of others links available on the same

matter, using google, all with the same result about it

the Thais seem to be now a little bit too picky with their job choices

maybe this crisis could replace the feet on the ground for some of them?

Edited by kingofthemountain