Restrictions increased in Pattaya/Bang Lamung - non essential business ordered to close

Jonathan Fairfield

14 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I was getting my massage thinking better before it gets bad,  during the massage she excuse herself I gave her a look ( what about my happy ending ) as she walk out the door?????

And a guy in a leather cap and waistcoat came in........? 

8 minutes ago, TheHatGuy said:

Does the restriction also include closing swimming pools in condos and mobaans?

Seems like it, I have some friends in Pattaya at the moment and they had gone to beach when they came back to the hotel the pool was closed off, that was yesterday afternoon

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheHatGuy said:

Does the restriction also include closing swimming pools in condos and mobaans?

My condo pool and gym closed yesterday.  I think some condo projects will interpret 'public' in the announcement to include condo pools and other projects might decide they are private and stay open.  Last lockdown my pool closed but I could see the pool in the condo project across the street stayed open.  

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Seems a bit extreme to me closing a pool down in condo's, we have a condo in Phuket and last time out of about 200 units there was 6 people staying there, they closed the pools, we have 2 pools, and full of chemicals I think it would be safer than walking around Tesco's or Big C

I doubt the authorities know how many people are staying at each condo building, and I believe it is more about stopping people socializing around pools, like they do on the Beach. They have to make blanket rules. 

Hardly seems worth the effort of maintaining a large pool for 6 people.....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry I must have mis-read this from the offical post

According to an order issued on Wednesday, all shopping malls are to close in a bid to stop the spread of COVID-19.

That's what it said, but people have to eat and pay bills.

18 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

This will be a death sentence for many shops and companies who survived the first lock down. I assume that no help from the military government is to be expected for all those affected by this.

Need money for their submarines and moon rockets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I doubt the authorities know how many people are staying at each condo building, and I believe it is more about stopping people socializing around pools, like they do on the Beach. They have to make blanket rules. 

Hardly seems worth the effort of maintaining a large pool for 6 people.....

They have too, and not a good idea to empty a pool

17 hours ago, natway09 said:

And they need to stop all outbund persons  leaving these provinces, but they won't.

Don't they know that this is spreading quicker by allowing any inter provincial travel

Close it down, means close it down

Another case of the cure is worse than the disease?

25 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Seems a bit extreme to me closing a pool down in condo's, we have a condo in Phuket and last time out of about 200 units there was 6 people staying there, they closed the pools, we have 2 pools, and full of chemicals I think it would be safer than walking around Tesco's or Big C

I agree.  In my opinion condo pools are private, not public.  Last time around the pool at my condo closed and then after a month or so it reopened but with 3 designated swimming lanes and a limit of 3 swimmers at a time.  We had that for a month or so and then it re-opened  completely. The lanes seemed to work well--social distancing and limited numbers were maintained but the residents could book a time and still get some exercise.  Probably should have just stuck with that but eventually the pool was opened up and the lane ropes removed.   With covid, my condo doesn't have many residents at the moment anyway--yesterday morning my partner and I swam before the closing and we were the only ones in the pool.  This high season there has rarely been more than 3.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oldie said:

I hope they warn us in time if alcohol gets forbidden again. 

But so far Pattaya is not shut down, the last time as far as I know, apart from essential services, no one could leave or enter Pattaya.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

But so far Pattaya is not shut down, the last time as far as I know, apart from essential services, no one could leave or enter Pattaya.

You were lucky where we live we couldn't go beyond a 6km radius, Police road blocks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

At the moment I have some friends in Pattaya on holiday they can drive out as it stands today, best to get out of there if they can, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, the travel isnt shut down as yet, maybe in if there is a next level of shutdown it will happen.

The landscape is different this time, last shut down there were tourists still staying in pattaya and the shutdown was to control a spread/introduction within the tourist areas, and last time Bangkok had higher numbers than pattaya, this time around its opposite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

But so far Pattaya is not shut down.

Perhaps not locked down like before, with no traffic in and out other than locals.  But if all businesses are closed, I'd say that's a shut down.  Or dang close.  Sadly!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2