Richard Barrow recognised in New Year Honours list

webfact

8 hours ago, Nout said:

Thanks for pointing out the unpalatable truth regarding the British Empire. The fashionable leftist view promoted from infant school onwards overlooks the bravery, determination and self sacrifice and suffering our forefather experienced in creating the network of political and trading alliances we refer to as Empire. The critics of which NEVER criticize the Islamic Empire or soviet Empire. Selective outrage raises its head over a 'travel award'....yet again.

And thanks for showing us your bunched panties.

He provides a good information service, albeit one that the British Embassy itself should be providing. Giving out medals is another form of outsourcing, and allows the Embassy staff to sit around and do the bare minimum, in line with other British civil servants.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Caldera said:

Makes me wonder, why is he so afraid of comments on here? Which - evidently - are NOT turned off, and most have been very positive.

People often feel the need to claim that everyone on here is racist, old, bigoted, fat, bald, alcoholic, sexpat, etc. and that the comments reflect this.  There's also a kind of "it's fine to say bad things about expats, but no expats are allowed to say anything critical of Thais" vibe when people discuss TVF.  A bit of projection based on insecurity I think.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2020 at 3:01 AM, bangkokfrog said:

Congratulations and well deserved Richard but sadly, the medal represents a a rather paltry 'Empire' these days! Surely they could come up with a more representative name.

" Rather paltry Empire " ?   Still controls 40% of the worlds finances........ and QE2 is the largest land owner in the world........ Yes indeed, how paltry....... 

• Like 1

Sums up the pathetic UK honours when a blogger who lives overseas and openly admits he promotes Thailand ! Clearly comes from Davison or others at the bunker on silom road  consulate office who told foreigners early last year to watch RB's posts! 

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

People often feel the need to claim that everyone on here is racist, old, bigoted, fat, bald, alcoholic, sexpat, etc. and that the comments reflect this.  There's also a kind of "it's fine to say bad things about expats, but no expats are allowed to say anything critical of Thais" vibe when people discuss TVF.  A bit of projection based on insecurity I think.

Indeed, just last week someone posted on TVF a picture of two SAS men wearing their medals and awards and likened them to, shall i say some of the fancy dress military costumes that we've all seen in SE Asia  (Can't say Thailand)  or i'll be banned again.....  Two DSOs and an MC, along with a heap of campaign medals all in places where most people couldn't even spell the countries names........ Not exactly stuff you can buy down Chatuchak.... 

But it's ok to slag off real heroes just as long as we don't offend the local theatre troup.......  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Got one thanks...... Slightly different...... Military ...... 30 years of undetected crime and debauchery in the face of overwhelming stupidity........  Ooooh, i forgot the Meritorious Service bit........  

W.B.Reay B.E.M._LI.jpg

you obviously deserve it, the subject of this post does not. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Being Head of State doesnt mean you own that Country , your face just gets put on the money, but, you dont own that money

The Queen owns most if not all the land in the countries she is sovereign. That includes the UK, Australia, NZ and Canada as far as I am aware. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Congratulations Mr Barrow.......  Many will sneer and snivvle, but it's mostly motivated by jealousy and stupidity.....  Most of the individuals in Thailand that i've met wouldn't deserve a Shell coin collection never mind an Empire award........  I might also add that he's now an Esq and he has the right to be married in Westminster abbey.....    Well done.......  

esq has nothing to do with receving any honours from the Queen........

On 12/31/2020 at 10:01 AM, bangkokfrog said:

Congratulations and well deserved Richard but sadly, the medal represents a a rather paltry 'Empire' these days! Surely they could come up with a more representative name.

The medal, and what it represents, has over a hundred years of history of recorded recipients. 

Does a word bother you, or perhaps you come from a country with no awards for recognising special services to your country...  ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

Really ?     

CROWN HONORS

Crown honours follow immediately after the abbreviations ‘Bt’ (baronet) and ‘Esq’ (if applicable). If an individual has more than one set of letters after their name, the letters should appear in this order:      

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 2:52 PM, SupermarineS6B said:
On 1/2/2021 at 10:53 AM, tinca tinca said:

Really ?     

CROWN HONORS

Crown honours follow immediately after the abbreviations ‘Bt’ (baronet) and ‘Esq’ (if applicable). If an individual has more than one set of letters after their name, the letters should appear in this order: 

My bank account opened with the Royal Bank of Scotland International way back around 1980 gives my name as Mr. Nan Laew Esq., which is also pre-printed on all my cheques and embossed on my RBS Black credit card.

Maybe it's because as a 5 year-old in Aboyne, I waved at a royal limo on its way from Dyce airport to Balmoral?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

My bank account opened with the Royal Bank of Scotland International way back around 1980 gives my name as Mr. Nan Laew Esq., which is also pre-printed on all my cheques and embossed on my RBS Black credit card.

Maybe it's because as a 5 year-old in Aboyne, I waved at a royal limo on its way from Dyce airport to Balmoral?

Na nah nee nah na......     My name's Mr ( I've got one and you don't )  Esq, B.E.M........  There's also a bit more as well, but i don't want to bring the snowflakes out......   Ooooh, black credit card.......  Oooh, yu da man !