Brexit is Britain punishing itself, France's Beaune says

snoop1130

8 hours ago, flossie35 said:

Usual brexiter reply: "the EU is about to fall apart". The evidence is all to the contrary. The usual failure to explain why brexit is good for us when all the evidence is, once again, to the contrary. We are going to be worse off economically, culturally poorer, more insular and xenophobic. M Beaune hits the nail on the head.

Wot! Just like Switzerland?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, andyg75 said:

Beaune  Never heard of him !!

Actually your comment is far more revealing than you realise. British folks never know the decision makers in neighbouring countries even when the US was in the EU. Instead, British people were fed a diet of nonsense stories about the EU and Europe by Murdoch newspapers for years.

However, many folks in those EU countries were remarkably well informed about the British political scene. But unlike the British newspapers, national newspapers from all those Western countries (France, Germany, Italy, Spain Holland etc etc) were not full of Brexit stories. It got coverage but there were plenty other issues that were covered.

And that is really the story - the British generally don't know much about the Europeans and the Europeans don't care so very much about Brexit.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What a very useful link. I was looking forward to something new.

From the very biased Guardian and over 2 years old.

Done and dealt with ages ago.

Don't you have anything newer than ancient history?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49048431

I see that the courts found that the EC was in the wrong with their case.

No, you certainly did not see that, it was a different case, but then again there were several.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How can you see what I saw? You are not me and please stop putting your thoughts and words into my mouth and trying to twist them to suit your agenda.

To my certain knowledge I am the only one that speaks for me, nobody else.

What a strange reply.

That doesn't reflect what I said at all.

The case that I highlighted has not been reversed, please double check your facts.

7 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

I fully understand that the hard Brexiters water the event with the wrong sparkling wine.

Accept in return that idealistic Europeans celebrate the event just as much, finally rid of a doubtful partner constantly complaining and constituting a brake on any development.

The Brits wanted an EU limited to the market. In contrast, we mainlanders want more integration. This divorce is therefore happy for both parties, allowing each to choose their destiny.

Anyway, thank you for this funny 4-year-old soap.

Mainlander! There can be only one!

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How can you see what I saw? You are not me and please stop putting your thoughts and words into my mouth and trying to twist them to suit your agenda.

To my certain knowledge I am the only one that speaks for me, nobody else.

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, the link that I posted refered to Vote Leave being fined £61,000.

The link that you posted refered to an appeal from "BeLeave", a totally different organisation.

As I previously said, "Vote Leave" pulled out of their appeal.

So evidently I can see that you did not see that the EC was found to be wrong in the case that I refered to.

I won't hold my breath waiting for an apology for your mixing things up.

34 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I didn't say imminent. I did suggest possible, eventual. No crystal ball used, or needed.

It’s possible Brexiteers will wake up and understand the damage they’ve inflicted on their own country as well but not likely either 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m sure Brexiters wanted a lot of things.

As I said earlier, 2021 is they Year they find out what they voted for.

I'm sure remainers wanted a lot of things. 2021 is the year they find out what they voted for 

On 12/31/2020 at 6:55 PM, Loiner said:

Another anti-Brexit Reuters release. Another EU mouthpiece, one who's in denial about the punishment part and now realises that the floodgates will open on exits from his failing EU.

????????????

Everyone more intelligent than you all bias right ? Are you quite short by any chance ? 

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, baansgr said:

What damage...please advise in detail?

Bizarre - ok I’ll open with a 2% drop in GDP (that means Gross Domestic Product), raise you with Loiners fish industry being sold down the river and throw in a future littered with tariffs if we step out of line with the worlds largest trading block.... is that enough detail as I could go on about sabotaging the younger generations future .....

So what you got ? ???? desperate for some brexiteer projections .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onebir said:

"Brexit is the EU punishing Britain"

FTFY

it seems BJ's father got your "FTFY" loud and clear.

Just wonder why he never applied for Turkish citizenship,

LOL

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 6:44 PM, petermik said:

aaw our beloved neighbours getting there knickers in a twist once more....bye bye we're out ????

And only time will tell who made the mistake.

Hope you have a good reason up your sleeve to tell the grandkids how you ruined their future.