Brexit is Britain punishing itself, France's Beaune says

snoop1130

14 hours ago, sandyf said:

If you have to ask the question, you wouldn't understand the detail.

Typical deflective response....if I supposedly wouldnt understand, then please be as kind to enlighten and educate me...I'm all ears....just because politicians like Fatty Abbott get away with not answering questions, dosnt mean the same applies to open forums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

I've already answered that point twice in this thread alone, don't blame me for your lapses in attention

I must have missed it, can you give me the post number or rewrite it for me...?  Thanks..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

....whilst four years later the leave campaign continue to ilegally withold the source of a £400,000 donation. Surely you would agree that transparency is an essential element of democracy?

I assume you talking about the £400,000 donation received by the DUP , maybe your not aware that has been fully investigated by the  Electoral Commission

you should be aware up to July 2017 on the grounds of Security

.The Commission recognises the restrictions on transparency of donations to Northern Ireland parties means that certain information about these which would otherwise be made public is limited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Not much punishment going on at boarder crossings Mr Beaune the French ports are doing great job occording to France 24 News channel. ????

Back to September 2020:  "We will not compromise over Brexit deal due to UK warnings of massive lorry jams and two-day delays at the Channel ports, says France's europe minister." (Clément Beaune)

Brexit: France will not be intimidated by talk of lorry jams (connexionfrance.com)

• Like 1

It is amusing that a few here keep telling us the future outcome of Brexit.......????

Even those of us that voted for Brexit don't know the future outcome except that we are now free, no longer being told what to do.

Now if you have been on the star ship Enterprise to actually see for yourself the UK's future, then please tell, other than that, we have all read the doom and gloom from folk like yourself over the last 5 years, and do you know what, with all that doom and gloom waffle the UK voted a second time to rid ourselves of the future U.S. of G..

If your life revolves around, and believing what you see in the T-leaves, that is up to you ...????

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, transam said:

It is amusing that a few here keep telling us the future outcome of Brexit.......????

Even those of us that voted for Brexit don't know the future outcome except that we are now free, no longer being told what to do.

Now if you have been on the star ship Enterprise to actually see for yourself the UK's future, then please tell, other than that, we have all read the doom and gloom from folk like yourself over the last 5 years, and do you know what, with all that doom and gloom waffle the UK voted a second time to rid ourselves of the future U.S. of G..

If your life revolves around, and believing what you see in the T-leaves, that is up to you ...????

" no longer being told what to do" .

Is very relative statement, in my opinion;

if one wish to be member of a group, it is evident that one has to abide to the rules established by this group.

If not pleased, or no more pleased, with these rules, one simply don't become member, or leave the group.

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

if one wish to be member of a group, it is evident that one has to abide to the rules established by this group.

If not pleased, or no more pleased, with these rules, one simply don't become member, or leave the group.

Which we have, and subsequently reached an agreement with the group as to how (both parties) can interact and trade.

Now to return to the original post, as I have said before, the "wibbles" of a relatively junior French politician, weighing in with an attempt to impress his superiors, whether for advancement within French politics, or in  an attempt to be noticed by (and gain approval from) the Brussels "elite" are entirely inconsequential.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Yes but when you join a golf club and you start to notice that the golf club is secretly putting up rugby posts you have to ask yourself the question, I joined to play golf and not rugby. And on the golf club away days we end up at Twickenham, it is time to say 'this is not what I want from this club.'

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

Which we have, and subsequently reached an agreement with the group as to how (both parties) can interact and trade.

Correct.

My point however is that :

"no longer being told what to do"

is a relative statement.

As agreed initially, one do what's being told.

If no more agreed to do so, one leave.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes but when you join a golf club and you start to notice that the golf club is secretly putting up rugby posts you have to ask yourself the question, I joined to play golf and not rugby. And on the golf club away days we end up at Twickenham, it is time to say 'this is not what I want from this club.'

Absolutely agree,

one follow the rules of the club,

if one has the impression that the club is breaking the rules/ playing false,

one leave the club.

23 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Now to return to the original post, as I have said before, the "wibbles" of a relatively junior French politician, weighing in with an attempt to impress his superiors, whether for advancement within French politics, or in  an attempt to be noticed by (and gain approval from) the Brussels "elite" are entirely inconsequential.

I wonder, why one consider what a junior politician is saying, as of any importance.

I personally don't even consider what a senior politician is saying, as important/believable. 

" Politicians speak with forked tongue ".

On 1/1/2021 at 12:21 PM, Grusa said:

May I speak for the great unwashed who are fed up to the back teeth with hearing about Brexit.

After years of bitching, moaning, wailing and gnashing of teeth....it's done! 

Brexeternity The notion that Brexit will never in fact be over; that Britain will be stuck half-in and half-out of the European Union forever, condemned to permanent and mind-numbingly awful negotiations until kingdom come (coined by Tony Blair’s Europe minister Denis MacShane

18 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Brexeternity The notion that Brexit will never in fact be over; that Britain will be stuck half-in and half-out of the European Union forever, condemned to permanent and mind-numbingly awful negotiations until kingdom come (coined by Tony Blair’s Europe minister Denis MacShane

If you really are  from across the channel, you come across as being very envious of the UK's freedom....????

But if you are British, chin up, ol' chap......????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, luckyluke said:

All fine, except that leaving this mess is evidently not that simple.

3 hours ago, Hi from France said:

Probably  not the only thing he coined.

Just now, nauseus said:

All fine, except that leaving this mess is evidently not that simple.

There wasn't a problem at all to leave. ( This mess being a personal  perception )

The problems started when both parties, absolutely wanted to continue to do business together.

52 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

There wasn't a problem at all to leave. ( This mess being a personal  perception )

The problems started when both parties, absolutely wanted to continue to do business together.

So it is a problem then. Innit?

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

So it is a problem then. Innit?

If you call Brexit a problem, no.

There were no problems between the U.K. and the E.U. to manage the exit of the U.K. out of the E. U..

There were problems in the U.K. to finalize Brexit, but that is a pure U.K. matter.

I you call the negotiations a problem, yes.

It took a lot of time, energy, money to come to an agreement.

Future will tell us, if it was worth the effort.

9 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

If you call Brexit a problem, no.

There were no problems between the U.K. and the E.U. to manage the exit of the U.K. out of the E. U..

There were problems in the U.K. to finalize Brexit, but that is a pure U.K. matter.

I you call the negotiations a problem, yes.

It took a lot of time, energy, money to come to an agreement.

Future will tell us, if it was worth the effort.

That second line made me spill my tea.