'We have to be remembered for what's been done,' Trump says on early return to Washington

webfact

1 hour ago, Pat1888 said:

Evidence for that claim ??? Anyone that is currently serving in the Military or a Veteran could back that claim up however RJ judging by your previous  posts you don't seem to be exactly a supporter off the The US Military.

Please understand having neither respect nor support for Trump does not equate for support for serving military persons.

However making statistical claims requires evidence, one persons unsupported opinion isn’t evidence 

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Pat1888 said:

I know and communicate with many serving Military personnel and Veterans on a weekly basis and over the last four years off The Trump presidency I've never met and off them that didn't support President Trump he's been a breath off fresh air for the Military especially after what we had to put up with under the previous administration Cuts to the Military cuts to the VA and a President and vice President that gave more rights to insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan that to their own Military with Rules of Engagement that were designed to give terrorists and insurgents an advantage. That's why we love President Trump  he has are back's.

Have to assume you communicate with like minded individuals, there are many articles talking to poor performance by trump administration concerning care for veterans. One example of many

https://prospect.org/health/trump-war-on-veterans/

Tell me why if trump cares so much for the serving military, why did he link his self serving attempt to remove protections for free speech form social media companies to the military budget threatening veto. trump's attitude is contrary to the Constitution the military are sworn to defend. trump's ongoing effort's to politise the military is also contrary to the Constitution.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pat1888 said:

I know and communicate with many serving Military personnel and Veterans on a weekly basis and over the last four years off The Trump presidency I've never met and off them that didn't support President Trump he's been a breath off fresh air for the Military especially after what we had to put up with under the previous administration Cuts to the Military cuts to the VA and a President and vice President that gave more rights to insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan that to their own Military with Rules of Engagement that were designed to give terrorists and insurgents an advantage. That's why we love President Trump  he has are back's.

You must only hang around with those that support Trump.  A majority do support him, but not by much.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/10/26/poll-trump-backed-by-majority-of-veterans-but-not-younger-ones/

Altogether, about 52 percent of veterans surveyed said they plan to back Trump (or have already backed him, in early voting) in his reelection campaign this year. About 42 percent said they have voted or plan to vote for Biden instead, with the remainder split between third-party candidates and sitting out the election.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

By the way using the words from another post in attempt to support your "thought process" is not very original, shows lack of executve function similar to your hero.

The "words from another post" were my own words from my earlier post.  Sorry if it's confusing.

This elementary error of yours shows the dangers of spouting off before checking that your assertion is 100% correct.

Of course, I don't expect an apology for such thoughtlessness!

4 minutes ago, blazes said:

The "words from another post" were my own words from my earlier post.  Sorry if it's confusing.

This elementary error of yours shows the dangers of spouting off before checking that your assertion is 100% correct.

Of course, I don't expect an apology for such thoughtlessness!

I  was referring to you using my words, as your own.  (frontal lobe, executive function ) 

Read and comprhend please.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I  was referring to you using my words, as your own.  (frontal lobe, executive function ) 

Read and comprhend please.

Oh dear, I am excessively sorry (not my words). I had no idea that you  had invented or held copyright over the  phrase "frontal lobe".

How can you ever forgive me....

[Incidentally, my use of "frontal lobotomy" was perfectly legitimate, since you were asserting something about another man's brain, which, again incidentally, you are not in the least qualified to offer comment on.]

Edited by blazes

11 minutes ago, Pat1888 said:

Actions speak louder than words after 8 years off the Democrats decimating the Military and VA President Trump made us a priority again.

Not sure where you get your news, but...

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54060026

However, this spending is still significantly lower than during the first term of the Obama administration, using figures adjusted for inflation.

"Mr Trump can claim credit for a large 'peacetime' increase from a state that was already fairly good under Mr Obama, whose defence budgets were strong by historical standards too - more than $100bn above the Cold War annual average, once adjusted for inflation," says Mr O'Hanlon.

• Like 1

And, for his latest trick, Trump the demented is calling for a "mega rally" on the day that Congress meets to certify Biden's win.  The world is running out of adjectives to describe this sociopath.

"The rally is set to commence at 5am on January 7 (NZ time) in Washington DC, where supporters will protest to pressure Republican lawmakers into overturning Biden's win.

"JANUARY SIXTH, SEE YOU IN DC!" he tweeted Wednesday.

..."It's up to the American people to stop it. Along with President Trump, we will do whatever it takes to ensure the integrity of this election for the good of the nation," the website says.

"Be there, will be wild!" Trump said in a tweet."

'Will be wild': Trump plans protest rally the day Congress will meet to certify Biden's win (msn.com)

1 minute ago, ballpoint said:

And, for his latest trick, Trump the demented is calling for a "mega rally" on the day that Congress meets to certify Biden's win.  The world is running out of adjectives to describe this sociopath.

<snip>

Once this is said and done (and it will be cuz Facebook says so) methods need to be put in place so such nonsense will never happen again. Debate, differing opinions, these are all good and very American. When it gets to the point, though, that the losers can't accept the results of the legitimate process and take to the streets with weapons, this threatens true democracy. There are already similar younger, sharper dictator wannabes on the rise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J Town said:

Once this is said and done (and it will be cuz Facebook says so) methods need to be put in place so such nonsense will never happen again. Debate, differing opinions, these are all good and very American. When it gets to the point, though, that the losers can't accept the results of the legitimate process and take to the streets with weapons, this threatens true democracy. There are already similar younger, sharper dictator wannabes on the rise.

Younger ones like Josh Hawley?  These members of congress should be tried for sedition and breaking the oath of office:

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/Oath_Office.htm

Oath of Office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

• Like 2

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Younger ones like Josh Hawley?  These members of congress should be tried for sedition and breaking the oath of office:

<snip>

THIS is what I don't understand! We have laws about sedition against which textbook cases are occurring daily. We have the 14th and 25th amendment, but if we won't use them then what good are they? I can only hope that the destitution the younger generation of voters is suffering will get them politically motivated. Elections have consequences!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonray said:

The old fool is gonna have one hell of a hangover on January 7th....

Huh? Lots of old fools out there, but I know 45 doesn't drink and I doubt Biden drinks to excess, so who are you referring to?