What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

4 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Just finished watching "Deep State" a 16 episode TV series, Series 1 and 2.

Deep State     Action, Drama, Thriller | TV Series (2018– )  7.1 rating

Max Easton, a retired Secret Service operative and member of elite British/America team called The Section is coaxed back into the field to try to shut down an Iranian missile program. The situation is complicated by Max's estranged son, Harry, who has followed his father into the espionage world and as the series opens may have died in the line of duty

I enjoyed it. ????

Yes, I've seen that and it was pretty good.

• Like 1

A new season of Mountain Men has started:-

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2202488/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live your life off the grid? Have you wished you could shed the complications of modern society and live in the wilderness, using only the things nature has provided? Meet Eustace Conway, Tom Oar and Marty Meierotto, three men who have devoted their lives to survival in its simplest form. But how simple is it really? From the rugged Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina to the seven-month-long winters on the Yaak River in Montana to the frigid northern range of Alaska, the country is full of some very unforgiving terrain. Watch as these men face off against mudslides, falling trees, ravaging weather and even hungry animals, to make sure they obtain the food and supplies they will need to make it through the brutal winter months ahead.

Episode-01 of Season 10, available at most of the usual places.

????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Just finished watching "Deep State" a 16 episode TV series, Series 1 and 2.

Deep State     Action, Drama, Thriller | TV Series (2018– )  7.1 rating

Max Easton, a retired Secret Service operative and member of elite British/America team called The Section is coaxed back into the field to try to shut down an Iranian missile program. The situation is complicated by Max's estranged son, Harry, who has followed his father into the espionage world and as the series opens may have died in the line of duty

I enjoyed it. ????

yes very good, watched both seasons a while ago

watching 19-2 cop drama 4 seasons set in Canada, very good,

also been watching the brokenwood mysteries, 7 seasons cop drama set in NZ small town a bit 'who done it' a bit silly, but ok not too hard to get on with, 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steve187 said:

also been watching the brokenwood mysteries, 7 seasons cop drama set in NZ small town a bit 'who done it' a bit silly, but ok not too hard to get on with, 

The 19-2 cop drama sounds good, will give that a download.

Brokenwood mysteries, already have that on my to watch drive.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 12:43 AM, bobandyson said:

The Kominsky Method

Netflix - 3 seasons. 22 episodes.

I binged this last week, excellent. Alan Arkin (first two seasons) was brilliant. Amazing dialog. Will admit I did not recognize Paul Reiser or Kathleen Turner. Did recognize Ann Margaret. Alex the waiter, will he or won't he.

It's quirky, definitely not for everyone, but I like Mythic Quest - Ravens Banquet (Apple TV) quite a bit.

Spy City (AMC) was good.

Looking forward to the final season of Bosch, and the next installments of Rick and Morty, both this month.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dukeandduke said:

I'm not watching anything with a non-white Anne Boleyn, but that word "woke" is absurd and meaningless.

If only it was, too many want us to look at everything through race, sex and gender nonsense.

22 hours ago, steve187 said:

Cannot find it 4 download on the usual places..help please?

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Cannot find it 4 download on the usual places..help please?

rarbg have S02 as a complete series download and s01 as individual ep's

1337x have a better choice with more seeders, and smaller files

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

I watched HBO'S Chernobyl because I enjoy historical docu-drama. A bit of poetic license is acceptable, but HBO's equity based lie made me wonder if the have succumbed to "Woke" coercion.

They made up the female physicist. Predictably, she was smarter than all her male counterparts. She found errors in their data - that everyone missed - then she went on to insult a ranking member of the Soviet elite, for which she suffered no repercussions. In short, she was "hailed" as the savior.

" HBO confirmed this on its website, saying: "Soviet nuclear physicist Khomyuk is committed to solving the mystery of what led to the Chernobyl disaster. Her character is based on the many scientists who investigated the accident."

I mean, it's hardly surprising that there weren't many female scientists knocking around in the Soviet Union in 1980s - but her character is important, and Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin, spoke to TV Take about why.

In the interview, which is part of the podcast from Variety, he does mention that the show is 'accurate to how dude-heavy Chernobyl was' as many women weren't in positions of political power, but he created Ulana to reflect the real-life women who were prominent in medical and science fields in the Soviet Union..."

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-the-female-nuclear-scientist-from-chernobyl-is-not-based-on-a-real-p-20190604

10 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

I watched HBO'S Chernobyl because I enjoy historical docu-drama. A bit of poetic license is acceptable, but HBO's equity based lie made me wonder if the have succumbed to "Woke" coercion.

They made up the female physicist. Predictably, she was smarter than all her male counterparts. She found errors in their data - that everyone missed - then she went on to insult a ranking member of the Soviet elite, for which she suffered no repercussions. In short, she was "hailed" as the savior.

" HBO confirmed this on its website, saying: "Soviet nuclear physicist Khomyuk is committed to solving the mystery of what led to the Chernobyl disaster. Her character is based on the many scientists who investigated the accident."

I mean, it's hardly surprising that there weren't many female scientists knocking around in the Soviet Union in 1980s - but her character is important, and Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin, spoke to TV Take about why.

In the interview, which is part of the podcast from Variety, he does mention that the show is 'accurate to how dude-heavy Chernobyl was' as many women weren't in positions of political power, but he created Ulana to reflect the real-life women who were prominent in medical and science fields in the Soviet Union..."

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-the-female-nuclear-scientist-from-chernobyl-is-not-based-on-a-real-p-20190604

I think you're reading to much into it TBH.

It's a drama, not a documentary.

I thought it was excellent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

If only it was, too many want us to look at everything through race, sex and gender nonsense.

OK, you made a clear, intelligent comment. "Woke" means nothing.

I'm sure that victims of racism would prefer that it didn't exist.

9 hours ago, steve187 said:

Cannot find 19-2 on either......

4 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Do you want to get vaccinated? I was yesterday, because I do. Again, the word means nothing. It's just a trigger used by media personalities who cannot make thoughtful, intelligent comments. 

Casting a non-white Anne Boleyn is historically inaccurate and in my opinion, unwise and uninteresting. 

10 hours ago, steve187 said:

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Cannot find 19-2 on either......

Found them both but no seeders showing up.....????

Solos ---TV...Amazon...... Fantasy/Sci-Fi      -- 7 separate Stories all available

Watchable--but not great considering the cast they have- Morgan Freeman/Helen Mirren/Anne Hathaway....etc  many more.  Think they were trying to emulate Black Mirror but it really doesn't come anywhere near to measuring up to that.

--------------------------------------------------

The Who - Sensation - The Story of Tommy---- TV-Sky Arts

This is a TV program about the making of the movie-Tommy--and it is a few years old, so--if you cant access Chaos-- it may be difficult to find.

I saw the actual movie in Kiwi nearly 50 years ago--and sat there thinking "What the F...... was that about" -- Pete Townshend takes you through it in the TV program & I found it really interesting, as a lot of it reflects on his dysfunctional childhood. Of course the the album went on to sell over 20 million copies--and it stayed on stage for years.

So many stars in that movie -- I tried to download the movie again, but just can not find a copy--- anyone does let me know.

------------------------------------------------------------

The Pacific In The Wake of Captain Cook---Doco..TV 6 episodes All available.

Sam Neill does a great job presenting this--it really isn't at all dry or boring, - You have to be amazed at what drives these people , Cook I mean and people like him-- one voyage was 9 years. Some of the stories Neill tells are quite funny, I didn't know England discovered Tahiti , Just didn't bother to hold it-- after 8 months at sea the crew nearly all disappeared to head of with the Tahitian girls, who were happy to trade sex for 1 nail, because you could do so much with a nail. After trading all the nails they had in store for sex the crew then started pulling them out of the ship, until it nearly sunk.

I enjoyed the series

----------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

I think you're reading to much into it TBH.

It's a drama, not a documentary.

I thought it was excellent.

It was a docudrama:

"A docudrama (or documentary drama) is a genre of radio and television programming, feature film, and staged theatre, which features dramatized re-enactments of actual events. ... Docudrama producers sometimes choose to film their reconstructed events in the actual locations in which the historical events occurred."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docudrama

30 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

It was a docudrama:

"A docudrama (or documentary drama) is a genre of radio and television programming, feature film, and staged theatre, which features dramatized re-enactments of actual events. ... Docudrama producers sometimes choose to film their reconstructed events in the actual locations in which the historical events occurred."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docudrama

Where did you see that?

Everything I've read is that it's a drama.

Won an Emmy as best drama series.