What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On 3/26/2021 at 5:25 PM, bert bloggs said:

One of my favourite series is back and up to the 5th episode so i started watching ,hooray the boxes are ticked,we have a lesbian couple ,a mixed race couple and a familly with a boy with learning difficulties ( used to be called mongaloid in my day) and ime only on the first episode. Wonder whats to come ,by the way the story is as good as usual.

.......and the name of the program is?

• Haha 1

Just finished watching season 3 of “ Manifest “.

The series started well with a great sci-fi storyline but although I found it be good reviewers complained that it dragged its heels in seasons 1 & 2.
Anyway , season 3 took it up a notch and more answers to the mystery of flight 828 were forthcoming and the season finale was good leaving a cliff hanger for next season.

Buuut , NBC has announced the show is cancelled so unless someone else picks up the ball it will remain a mystery !!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ozz1 said:

just watching  lupin 1 and 2 very  good  series  well worth  downloading enjoy 

The black actor Omar Sy was in a movie called 'The Intouchables'. Worth watching. He also played a lovable rascal in that too.

On 6/17/2021 at 9:55 AM, recom273 said:

Just watching episode 1 Liverpool Narcos - interesting sky documentary, has modern interviews, intercut with retro video and modern re-enactments.

I have been looking everywhere for that----where did you get ???????????????????

28 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I have been looking everywhere for that----where did you get ???????????????????

Heres the filenames - the coke one will be next week I presume, although they are all on sky online.

Liverpool.Narcos.S01E01.1080p.HDTV.x264.AAC SWAN.mp4

Liverpool.Narcos.S01E02.1080p.HDTV.AAC2.0.H.264-SWAN.mp4

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Heres the filenames - the coke one will be next week I presume, although they are all on sky online.

Thanks for that---just about given up...........????

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

The New Jack Irish is out On Rarbg, but only ep 1 when all 4 -ep have been out for over a week. elsewhere --and no subs for you guys that don't understand down-under English.

Binge watched it on ABC iview.

Cracking series.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Will27 said:

Binge watched it on ABC iview.

Cracking series.

Yes just got round to watching  the first 2 last night---& I was wrong there was hard subs.

There has been a mix up with the series numbers, because as you know Will27 they first released to TV-Movies then decided to go into a series, so some places call it series 3 (which it is) some count the movies & call series 5.--so when downloading just look at the date it was put on there.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen copies of GB News ?

I can not seem to access it anywhere even on Chaos-- Its a new morning News format that has just started, led By Andrew Neil to off set the (They say) left leaning news. They even have a section called "Woke alert"  which points out some of the more ridicules stuff happening. But under pressure most of the advertising groups at first drew away from the program. Then a hugh reaction from the public who threaten never to buy what their selling, made them all reconsider. .........................Love to watch it if some gets a link

"Go woke, go broke! GUY ADAMS on how big business reaped the whirlwind when it boycotted GB News... but from Gillette razors to the Oscars, there's always a price to pay for caving in to cancel culture fanatics"--  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9702535/GUY-ADAMS-big-business-reaped-whirlwind-boycotted-GB-News.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 12:40 PM, KannikaP said:

Are some movies not made as TV movies.

Sitting close to a 65 inch telly with surround sound is same as 20 meters from a big one.

And you can pause it as you like. No-one rustling sweet wrappers, or people using their phone, and you have control of the air con temperature. My recliner is much more comfortable.

When I talk about a movie it is one designed to be experienced in a cinema, not a straight to tv movie.

The point you make about pausing as one likes is precisely why a cinema is better. Watching at home is too likely to be disrupted when one pauses to have a cuppa and a snack. Occasionally there are disruptive people in the audience, but not usually.

Not many of the world's population have a 65 inch screen and surround sound.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I don't give a monkey's. I DO!   LOL

The price of them now is ridiculously cheap --Lazada bang them out at 20K for 65 inch LG smart TV links up to internet etc I have one---people don't even buy monitors anymore---you can get a LG 32 inch H/D smart TV for your computer at under 900 baht this week.

• Like 2

I have watched the first three episodes of, "The beast must die" but can't find any more, any clues as to where I can find the other three (or two) episodes, if indeed they are out?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

The price of them now is ridiculously cheap --Lazada bang them out at 20K for 65 inch LG smart TV links up to internet etc I have one---people don't even buy monitors anymore---you can get a LG 32 inch H/D smart TV for your computer at under 900 baht this week.

In a country where the majority don't earn 20,000 a month, IMO it's a bit OTT to be saying that is ridiculously cheap. Come to it, most probably live in a room too small to even fit a screen that big.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In a country where the majority don't earn 20,000 a month, IMO it's a bit OTT to be saying that is ridiculously cheap. Come to it, most probably live in a room too small to even fit a screen that big.

I have a 55" in the bedroom, and a 65" in the living room.

Just waiting for one to break so I can justify buying a 75" (30kbht).

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I take your point TBL...... but if something was selling for 60-70K 3 years ago and an improved version is now selling for 20K. --if you can buy a 32"  smart TV for 900 baht-cheaper than your computer monitor then I find that price in comparison--  "ridiculously cheap" I was back in Oz 4 years ago and people I know then wouldn't have earned enough in a month to buy a 65" TV.  either.

I don't know what the Causation for the drop in price is---just wish that it would flow on to Cars (and women etc) ......so they were all ... "ridiculously cheap"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have watched the first three episodes of, "The beast must die" but can't find any more, any clues as to where I can find the other three (or two) episodes, if indeed they are out?

Thanks in advance.

RARBG with subs and only 5 episodes in this series.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2021 at 10:13 AM, sanuk711 said:

Yes just got round to watching  the first 2 last night---& I was wrong there was hard subs.

There has been a mix up with the series numbers, because as you know Will27 they first released to TV-Movies then decided to go into a series, so some places call it series 3 (which it is) some count the movies & call series 5.--so when downloading just look at the date it was put on there.

lots of links to S03 but are in fact S01, so maybe they are showing as S03 because of the TV-Movies, just be careful what you get

50 minutes ago, steve187 said:

lots of links to S03 but are in fact S01, so maybe they are showing as S03 because of the TV-Movies, just be careful what you get

Yes it mix up---best way is just to look at the date they put it on there---its only about 10 days old

On 6/10/2021 at 12:39 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, I get the feeling that each movie tries to outdo the last in terms of action but unfortunately this is at the expense of realism and the storyline suffers.

Now back down to earth :

”Time” 

A 3 part mini series about 2 characters and their experience in a U.K. prison.

Sean Bean plays a school teacher who finds himself, after a terrible decision, in prison and over his head, facing violence like he has never seen before .

Stephen Graham plays a prison officer who finds himself with a difficult decision to make, it’s going to end badly whichever way he decides.

Excellent stuff IMHO, available on iPlayer, fmovies and probably elsewhere .

Time

Thank you, that was excellent, had my full attention from go to wo.  Very impressed with Sean Bean's performance and have always loved British shows, they cant be beaten.

Edited by ThaiFelix
  • Like 1

The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)     With Samuel L Jackson

The world's top bodyguard gets a new client, a hitman who must testify at the International Criminal Court. They must put their differences aside and work together to make it to the trial on time.

The movie exceeded expectations! Over the top comedy and action -- best combination since Deadpool last year. Definitely worth watching!

I'm not a great fan of Samuel L Jackson but this movie is worth a watch.
Awesome car chase through the streets of Amsterdam.

????

• Thanks 1