What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

That was quick---the series was only released today......Thanks

Disney have released the pricing for + (which Loki is on) in Thailand - if you are with AIS it’s 39B a month for the first 12 months. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Disney have released the pricing for + (which Loki is on) in Thailand - if you are with AIS it’s 39B a month for the first 12 months. 

Or you can watch it on fmovies for free, episode 1 available only so far:

87309E8A-8174-4CCD-8224-8C69A4265C32.thumb.png.73394cbb4740e3794fcc6192215d70eb.png

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, unfortunately it describes many millions who seem to be over compensating for something, and have bought into an overly PC existence. A very disturbing trend. It does not feel healthy for society. 

Who determined that it described them?  Again, I am considered "woke" for wanting a COVID vaccine, so, guilty as charged.

15 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

For those into MCU, the first episode of "Loki" the series is out now.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9140554/

Reviewers got the first two eps, and most were quite enthusiastic, so maybe my expectations were set too high. Will wait for ep. 2 before weighing in.

As if the MCU wasn't confusing enough with time travel and resurrection - yes, I know the base material is much more convoluted - now I need a show with a dead guy, a dead-pan guy (Played by Owen Wilson) and time-travel? OK.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Anyone know what to make of Raised by wolves? I love sci-fi. But, this sure is out there. Heard it kind of fades halfway into the season?

I Liked it-- season 2 coming soon---anything  Ridley Scott has a hand in, is usually a little controversial at the time--Alien/Blade Runner...etc

But for me, nothing was out there as much as Wanda Vision- IMO-- that completely lost me.

8 hours ago, dukeandduke said:

Who determined that it described them?  Again, I am considered "woke" for wanting a COVID vaccine, so, guilty as charged.

No reference to you or the vaccine. I was simply commenting on the lack of understanding, with regard to the use of woke. Woke is a different universe than the vaccines. And I think ultimately woke has a reference in the word consciousness, which is often the opposite of woke, in my opinion. 

Watched the first one of Professor T last night (all 6 episodes out --Pirates and the usual places) It ran in Belgium for 4 years--this is the English version--Ben Miller plays the lead.

Its a slow burner-- but seems well acted, he is a genius Cambridge University criminologist who cant stand the students because they are all thick--has OCD (got to wash his hands and clean everything 5 times) ,also an overbearing mother, He advises the police, and Of course spots all the things that the police miss.......Its a bit "Monkish" type thing..

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2021 at 8:32 PM, bodga said:

Watching the worlds  hottest  woman ................. struth shes  soooooooooooooooooooooo nice

I agree. When she was a mere lass, she was a stunner. She is still holding up rather well, but back in the day? Ooh la la.

On 1/8/2021 at 5:43 PM, GinBoy2 said:

I'm giving a two thumbs up for Coyote as well

The link might not work for geo restrictions.

Tried it. Started off good. He is sure good. Then it kind of fell off the face of the earth. As a border agent, with 20 plus years on the force, he not only knew no Spanish at all, but he made all the wrong mistakes, on a consistent basis. It was almost as if he was trying to get himself killed. Got to the point where it was very hard to watch. A bit like watching a train wreck. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I agree. When she was a mere lass, she was a stunner. She is still holding up rather well, but back in the day? Ooh la la.

If you watch the 1990 move "The Hot spot"   you can see all of her !!! ????

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jingthing said:

For those looking for a US Mexico borderlands  crime drama that is very engaging and at least feels realistic enough I would suggest the US version of The Bridge.

https://seat42f.com/the-bridge-review.html

Good cast. Will check it out. Demian Bichir is an amazing actor.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 8:13 AM, Damrongsak said:

What am I watching?  Nothing as far as TV or anything new.    I lived in Loei province for a couple years 43 years ago and I doubt anything has gotten more exciting.  Though paint may dry faster nowadays due to global warming. I could do without the video calls we get from relatives these days. 

Such a shame. This is truly the golden age of TV. I think alot of the TV out there right now is better than the films Hollywood is churning out.

So many great shows. But few can top Deadwood, the first season of Fargo, the first season of True Detective (the closest anyone has ever come to capturing the spectacularly dark, scary, and backward nature of the Louisiana Bayou country, and one of the most memorable characters of late, with Rust Cohle, played by McConaughey), the Sopranos, Breaking Bad up till season 4, Game of Thrones up to season 5, Dexter, Rome, Vikings, Hell on Wheels, and Black Mirror. 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 12:16 PM, Daffy D said:

A couple of nice movies I watched recently.  Nice does not seem to be a word used much anymore, more is the shame, but I think these are a couple of good/nice movies that I enjoyed.

If you like a lot of PC, rainbow flag waving black chainsaw gay zombies and bloody action these are not for you.

As I said just a couple of nice movies:-

Land (2021)    6 Star Rating

Harrowing and exhilarating
A bereaved woman seeks out a new life, off the grid in Wyoming.

Blue Miracle (2021)    --  Dennis Quaid

Feel good movie:-

To save their cash-strapped orphanage, a guardian and his kids partner with a washed-up boat captain for a chance to win a lucrative fishing competition.

A solid feel good movie, storyline was well developed and based on a true story, the acting was decent. The cast had good chemistry and the characters had depth. I teared up in the end, so no complaints.

Enjoy  ????

I almost gave up on Land, 30 minutes into the film. I am glad I stuck with it. It was hard to watch her level of hubris, arrogance, indifference, and ignorance, in her attempt to survive in the back country. I guess it was a bit of an attempt at suicide, at first. But, it got alot better. Robin Wright is a powerhouse of an actress. Maybe easier going into it, knowing all that?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I almost gave up on Land, 30 minutes into the film. I am glad I stuck with it. It was hard to watch her level of hubris, arrogance, indifference, and ignorance, in her attempt to survive in the back country. I guess it was a bit of an attempt at suicide, at first. But, it got alot better. Robin Wright is a powerhouse of an actress. Maybe easier going into it, knowing all that?

Not the kind of movie I would normally bother with but there was not much else around at the time so gave it a go.

Like you glad I did as it turned out to be quite good. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

This one has already been mentioned, but here’s my take on it .

7.5/10

An above average revenge killing movie with Jason Statham in the lead aided by Clint’s son Scott Eastwood and Andy Garcia ( almost unrecognisable in his minor role and strange accent ).

A little disappointing that Guy Ritchie doesn’t put more of his earlier instantly recognisable signature on this and relies a little too much on each character trying to out “ macho man “ each other .

A classy well made movie but a little too predictable and exaggerated in the storyline , still worthy of a watch for action fans.

Put it in my “ enjoyed it but won’t bother saving a copy “ file.

Stratham was good, as usual. But, it was so far over the top, so Hollywood, so many leaps of faith required, it got tiresome after awhile. Was happy I had downloaded it, as I was able to fast forward a few scenes. Hollywood seems to have an aversion to creating believable, adult movies these days. 

I remember Oliver Stone being interviewed after Platoon (one of the best Vietnam films, ever) was released. He hired a former army officer, who worked with the actors and made certain, that there was an element of reality and authenticity. It really worked.

Why can't they do that these days? Hire a mercenary, or a special ops guy, for God's sake. Please. We are not dumb just because we like movies! 

On 5/28/2021 at 8:27 AM, Will27 said:

Mike Tyson: The Knockout

Two part series with episode 1 out there now RAR.

Summary: A special documentary series on the life of boxing legend Mike Tyson. “Mike Tyson: The Knockout” will put viewers ringside for the main event that will chronicle the former champion’s climb, crash and comeback, from his difficult childhood to becoming undisputed world champion to his 1992 rape conviction and his personal struggles.

An amazing boxer. And quite a guy. Love how he has matured and love his humor and intelligence. Good on him for making a comeback. This time in the business world. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I remember Oliver Stone being interviewed after Platoon (one of the best Vietnam films, ever) was released. He hired a former army officer, who worked with the actors and made certain, that there was an element of reality and authenticity. It really worked.

There's a movie about how they trained together before the movie to make it as realistic as possible.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I remember Oliver Stone being interviewed after Platoon (one of the best Vietnam films, ever) was released. He hired a former army officer, who worked with the actors and made certain, that there was an element of reality and authenticity. It really worked.

There's a movie about how they trained together before the movie to make it as realistic as possible.

Brothers in Arms. A great movie about the making of a great movie, and how that film affected their lives and careers. 

I love the part where a Vietnam vet told one of the actors that he still can't talk to anyone about his experiences in Nam. But he asks them to go see Platoon. Same with his closest family. And they get it, after seeing it. 

• Like 1

Liverpool Narcos--

[TheRover edit -  this is not allowed on TVChaosUK as it is against our Rules]

And I cant find it anywhere else--- if someone can....... please point out where.

3 episodes came out last week on Sky Documentaries and streaming service.

*Note--the ones on YouTube are fake and will take you to another movie--I have reported.

Liverpool Narcos review – macho hokum from the Guy Ritchie playbook--

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jun/08/liverpool-narcos-review-macho-hokum-from-the-guy-ritchie-playbook

On 6/5/2021 at 8:44 AM, Will27 said:

Dom

This one looks promising.
Available with subs or dubbed from RARBG.

Summary: Follows Victor, a police officer who dedicated his life to fight the narco traffic war and to help his son Pedro, a drug addict who became one of the most wanted criminals in Brazil.

I'm enjoying this one.

For those who don't like subs, I saw a dubbed version on TPB.

14 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Me to-- Mark Wahlberg's "Infinite"  just drop out on 1337X (& probably others. ) It only came out for release to-day.

Feel like I've seen it all before, about as formulaic as it gets, and instantly forgettable.