What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Well, since my post earlier today I started Damnation. It looks pretty good. Depression era story of the working poor fighting for their rights against corrupt elite. This came out in 2017 I guess but it's now on Netflix.

The Unusual Suspects---ABC (Oz) TV--Mini series 4 episodes (comedy/Drama/Mystery)

*Blurb--Follows the theft of a multi-million-dollar necklace and the women from different walks of life who come together to ensure that justice is served.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Not the stuff I would usually post---but IMDB has given it a 8.1--I have not yet watched

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, samtam said:

Cruella, (Disney), with Emma Stone & Emma Thompson. Escapist nonsense...just what's needed! 

Thanks for that tip... brilliant!

Watched it last night.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

The Unusual Suspects---ABC (Oz) TV--Mini series 4 episodes (comedy/Drama/Mystery)

*Blurb--Follows the theft of a multi-million-dollar necklace and the women from different walks of life who come together to ensure that justice is served.

Not the stuff I would usually post---but IMDB has given it a 8.1--I have not yet watched

Is this available for download?

I couldn't see it.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Is this available for download?

I couldn't see it.

Yes its been out last 3 days on Chaos--Sorry Will27, I should have checked other places before I posted, Chaos is usually 2-3 days ahead, maybe tomorrow on the rest.

Just the one episode (out of the 4) though

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJ said:

Not familiar with Chaos.

If it's a website, could you pm me the url?

Thank you.

Its a webb site that deals primarily with UK TV programs.......or anything shown on UK TV , which includes Irish TV and Oz & Kiwi, & a lot of Euro series that are being shown on Uk TV now, because it dedicates to that, the program is usually up loaded within an hour or 2 of it showing, its On facebook I believe --& there is another site that is a little like it called MVGroup --this is easier to access but not as up to date as Chaos & not very well run--quite messy.

That full name--TVchaosUK - will get you the site if you Google it.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 8:20 AM, sanuk711 said:

Nomadland won an Oscar and got 9 on IMDB. Doesn't mean it's any good. And I too shall not comment until I have watched it.

I downloaded some of the things which won Baftas last week, Sex Education, Adult Material.......absolute tosh!

• Confused 1

Hell on Wheels - Complete Series

" The Civil War is past, but former Confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon can't put it behind him. Fresh are the memories of the death of his wife, killed at the hands of the Union soldiers, an act that sets him on a course of revenge. " (IMDB)

PM me for the H Q links.

38 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Nomadland won an Oscar and got 9 on IMDB. Doesn't mean it's any good. And I too shall not comment until I have watched it.

I downloaded some of the things which won Baftas last week, Sex Education, Adult Material.......absolute tosh!

Loved them both but I had a mixed reaction to Nomadland. I kept thinking as the characters were pooping in buckets, just move to Mexico! 

• Like 1

I'm currently watching season 1 of The Killing(Forbrydelsen) at the moment and it seems pretty good. It's a Danish crime drama and is available on iPlayer. There are 3 seasons. Season 1 has 20 episodes and seasons 2&3 have 10 epsiodes each. Well worth a look IMHO.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0826760/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_3

Edited by Mutt Daeng

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Its a webb site that deals primarily with UK TV programs.......or anything shown on UK TV , which includes Irish TV and Oz & Kiwi, & a lot of Euro series that are being shown on Uk TV now, because it dedicates to that, the program is usually up loaded within an hour or 2 of it showing, its On facebook I believe --& there is another site that is a little like it called MVGroup --this is easier to access but not as up to date as Chaos & not very well run--quite messy.

That full name--TVchaosUK - will get you the site if you Google it.

MVG is documentaries isn’t it? I have an account but never go there. Someone suggested I upload some documentaries that I aren’t welcome on TVC ..

There is another tracker, the empire, which is as it says. 

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

Enjoying this one.

All 6 episodes available on Lime.

Summary: Carson, Leno, Letterman – legendary hosts that changed late-night television. Through good times and bad, they gained America’s trust and kept the country laughing. But it wasn’t all laughter all the time. From secret deals to broken promises, some of the most dramatic stories were the ones that didn’t play out in front of the television cameras.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, recom273 said:

There is another tracker, the empire, which is as it says. 

Yer I had forgotten about Empire--for TV stuff EZTV just does TV programs has a lot from "everywhere".. A lot of their stuff they share with -The Pirates,- but because they are quite small their site runs low on seeds quite quickly. 

The best Doco site I have come across for showing stuff that most others don't,  has been "Documentary Heaven"  Just been watching "Tinder a Predators playground"  They have about 40 different categories covers most stuff--big on true crime etc.

Its a streaming site, but just like Youtube there is bound to be an app that allows you to download it--I must ask on the comp page.

Thanks for reminding me about Empire

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Layer Cake (2004)    With  Daniel Craig  -  007    Colm Meaney - Miles O'Brien in Star Trek and  Tom Hardy amongst others.

"good British gangster film. The acting was good, script was tight and the film was well cast. People I had not seen before were well used in their characters. The film starts out nice and simple but as it progreses it gets quite deep and twisted"

I enjoyed it ????

Agreed. I watched LC soon after it was released and enjoyed it.

RocknRolla is another decent Guy Richie offering. Decent cast (including Tom Hardy again). Well worth a watch IMHO.

• Like 2

I watched an excellent drama on BBC iPlayer the other evening, although it might not be available on that particular medium at the moment, but I'm sure it could be found elsewhere, and the name of it was, "Windrush".

It was about a misguided and attempt by the British government to try and repatriate those folks who had been brought to Britain to help rebuild it after the Second World War, mainly from the West Indies, and the methods they used were deplorable and shameful.

Well worth a watch if you can find it – – true story and good acting.

• Like 2