What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

20 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I take your point TBL...... but if something was selling for 60-70K 3 years ago and an improved version is now selling for 20K. --if you can buy a 32"  smart TV for 900 baht-cheaper than your computer monitor then I find that price in comparison--  "ridiculously cheap" I was back in Oz 4 years ago and people I know then wouldn't have earned enough in a month to buy a 65" TV.  either.

I don't know what the Causation for the drop in price is---just wish that it would flow on to Cars (and women etc) ......so they were all ... "ridiculously cheap"

I don't know, but I can guess that such things are cheap now because of automation. Human workers are expensive. If it keeps up few will have a job to be able to buy the ridiculously cheap products.

Women in LOS used to be ridiculously cheap last century, which is why the place became a mecca for western men.

That has changed now, of course.

If you want a cheap but good car move to NZ. A 10 year old Japanese import can be had for a few thousand $. I bought a Honda CRV with 60,000 km on the odometer for $11,500. An ordinary one can be picked up for $3,000. Makes a change from when I started working when all I could afford was an ancient, clapped out Matchless 350 m'bike. A good car was but a dream.

If I remember correctly, they are cheap in the UK too, but I don't know about the quality.

2 hours ago, Daffy D said:

best combination since Deadpool last year. Definitely worth watching!

Is it just me, but I was very disappointed with the Deadpool sequel?

I've been wondering if I should go see the Hitman movie. Perhaps I'll give it a go if nothing better is on.

Just finished all 3 seasons of Fauda. Currently on season 3 of Vera with Brenda Blethyn.  Love any series or movie that is well written and well acted.  Looking forward to season 6 of Line of Duty.  I'm not British but love just about anything that comes out of BBC and especially ITV.  Also, looking forward to the final season of Doc Martin.  

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you want a cheap but good car move to NZ. A 10 year old Japanese import can be had for a few thousand $. I bought a Honda CRV with 60,000 km on the odometer for $11,500. An ordinary one can be picked up for $3,000. Makes a change from when I started working when all I could afford was an ancient, clapped out Matchless 350 m'bike. A good car was but a dream.

Gosh yer thats changed-I lived there in the 60s-70s....remember when I first saw the car yards, for some reason they would only put half the price of the car on the windscreen. I had a 1957 Beetle, the last of the small back windows. 

From the East end of London in the swinging 60s to Tokoroa --that was some cultural change.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm in lazy days.

Yesterday I watched this WW2 colorized documentary on D day. There's one part in it where they talk about the French partisans going on the offensive to stop the trains so nazis can't reinforce. They blow up a train track and a whole train of mechanized forces goes off the rails at high speed. It looks like there are tank crews sitting in the vehicles as they go over the edge into a pile up. I thought that was pretty intense and something I hadn't caught before on other films.

And the second one I watched as Vision Quest. A movie from the 80s about a young guy trying to achieve something before graduating high school.

Edited by TooBigToFit

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Is it just me, but I was very disappointed with the Deadpool sequel?

I've been wondering if I should go see the Hitman movie. Perhaps I'll give it a go if nothing better is on.

Just looked up "Deadpool" and "The Hitman's Bodyguard" is nothing like that.

Don't know why the IMDB reviewer would make such a connection ????‍♂️

Watch it and see  ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Just looked up "Deadpool" and "The Hitman's Bodyguard" is nothing like that.

Don't know why the IMDB reviewer would make such a connection ????‍♂️

Watch it and see  ????

It's "like that" in the sense that it is Ryan Reynolds and the dialogue is the same short, quippy, sarcastic dialogue as Deadpool. But yes, very different plots.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Time

Thank you, that was excellent, had my full attention from go to wo.  Very impressed with Sean Bean's performance and have always loved British shows, they cant be beaten.

Yes.

Thank you to those who recommended "Time".

I am going to look up Sean Bean's credits but wasn't aware of him previously - top level performance.

Each episode was decreasingly intense, but couldn't get much more intense than episide 1.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of Clarksons Farm and despite a slow start I did eventually get into it, but was very surprised when he said he was 59 yrs old, because he looks 15 yrs older!! Life in the fast lane of ciggies, good food and copious  quantities of red wine perhaps?????

Looking forward to the next episodes, and hopefully he won't kark it before it finishes!!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Just finished all 3 seasons of Fauda. Currently on season 3 of Vera with Brenda Blethyn.  Love any series or movie that is well written and well acted.  Looking forward to season 6 of Line of Duty.  I'm not British but love just about anything that comes out of BBC and especially ITV.  Also, looking forward to the final season of Doc Martin.  

I thought Fauda was really good. Line of Duty S06 is currently on iPlayer.

15 hours ago, Will27 said:

I don't mind Sean Bean.

I used to go to school with his sister Jelly????

Thought he was good in Legends and excellent in Broken.

Note to self: "Do not make any naughty jokes about tasty Jelly Bean!"

• Haha 1

Watched, Jack Irish, (4 ep--Oz crime) -agree with Will27, its good, Watched most of Smother-(6 ep) -BBC crime/Murder thriller set in Ireland--- V Good acting.

With all the Football & Boxing going on at the moment--finding it hard to keep up with it all. Put the movies on hold till latter, but there are some good Doco's around.

Crime and Punishment is back on next week... It done the Pedophiles last time--this one is about repeat offenders

• Thanks 2

On 6/20/2021 at 8:01 PM, jaiyenyen said:

The Real Manhunter.

High profile murder cases in the UK, investigated using old fashioned police work, by one particular detective and his team.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, thought it looked a very good series.  However from episode 3 onwards it was just constant repetition with at least 3 people all repeating the same stuff like an American news broadcast.  In addition, the constant over the top praise for Colin Sutton (who happens to also be one of the writers) made it quite boring.  He might really be a nice capable bloke but I found it too much.  I didnt get past episode 5..

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, thought it looked a very good series.  However from episode 3 onwards it was just constant repetition with at least 3 people all repeating the same stuff like an American news broadcast.  In addition, the constant over the top praise for Colin Sutton (who happens to also be one of the writers) made it quite boring.  He might really be a nice capable bloke but I found it too much.  I didnt get past episode 5..

In the first episode they had a suspect taking money out of a cash machine with a card he stole off a victim, next to his photo fit in the window of the bank. The officer said he was not in any danger as the photo fit looked nothing like him and added 'that's all i'm going to day about that'. Even though they knew the wanted man was black they did the photo fit looking white so not to offend. Breaking into old ladies homes and raping some in the early hours for 17 years, what did his family think he was doing?

• Like 1