Best places to look for rental condo

hapark

ddproperty and hipflat have auto-renewed postings, so they could not be trusted at all. They might however be good to check first to see which property you like. You could just put the name of property in google and see what comes up as well.

There are Kaidee, FB Marketplace, Renthub, Thailand Property and Living Insider that are usually more up to date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Additionally, at this time, many Pattaya condos are now being rented longer term due to the absence of tourists booking on AirBnB - how will you feel once your residence is overun with tourists using it like a hotel?

I would have thought long term renters are more desirable than frequent AirBnB turnover.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I would have thought long term renters are more desirable than frequent AirBnB turnover.

Much more money for landlords in tourist rentals in "normal" times than long term rentals. Think 60,000THB a month vs 15,000THB a month. Depends on the market, location and property. A friend is currently renting a nice sea view condo in Wongamat at a great rate on a yearly rent. Same building previously had huge number of (illegal) daily rentals on AirBnB at 2,500 Baht+ per day.  

Edited by soi3eddie

35 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

From what I have seen and heard, the best way is to visit the area that you wish to live. When you see a condo building that you like the look of then go into the management office and ask (or look on their notice boards) as usually there are places for rent in most buildings. Many of the online adverts are poorly described, out of date, have no prices or are just blatantant scams to bait you into looking at other properties. Best of luck in your search. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and do multiple viewings before choosing a place. Be sure to get owners direct contact details, ID card copy, copy of blue book and proper contract if you will need to do TM30's or other immigration stuff.  Additionally, at this time, many Pattaya condos are now being rented longer term due to the absence of tourists booking on AirBnB - how will you feel once your residence is overun with tourists using it like a hotel?

In addition to above you can get a rough overview by looking i.e. at 

Property for Rent in Pattaya, Chon Buri - 1,096 Rental Listings (fazwaz.com)

There you can select details like the price range, size, pool, etc. With that you will see a map of condos which match your criteria. You can also look at pictures of the condos (outside, lobby, pool, etc.)  to make a preselection. After you did that then I suggest you do like above suggested, go there and visit the buildings which you preselected.

And in the current situation you will likely get units cheaper. So if you are willing to pay i.e. 15k per months search for anything up to maybe 25k. Then you won't miss any opportunities which you might like.

Here is a sample search. I moved my mouse over the map and one condo is shown - just an example.

PropertyMap.png.d5ef044283d81a0a39bb0f6bed5c24be.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J Town said:

I live in a Jomtien condo that usually goes for 35k baht/month. The owner and I agreed to a 20k/month Covid price. We're both quite happy with the arrangement. He has someone watching out for his property , I'm living in a place with a great view, strong security, perfect location for me. I look out at surrounding condos at night and see less than 10% occupancy. It's a buyer's/renter's market.

My friend said the place is full of empty condo's Im not sure if I'd want to be somewhere it was completely empty

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

My friend said the place is full of empty condo's Im not sure if I'd want to be somewhere it was completely empty

In my case, there are still plenty of renters/owners to keep the staff hopping, yet I can be clothing optional and there's nobody around for me to shock blind. ????

Edited by J Town

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

True, but the point being made is that one may be long-term renting a place previously rented out short term, and in the future the neighbouring condos may return to just that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Send me a PM if you are interested in a 2 bed 74sqM condo in Park Lane , Off Jomtien Beach, a PCX motorbike rent can be included, Many Condo's available in Pattaya up to you where you want to stay.

In the first instance Google Park Lane for Pictures Thanks

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

My Friend has 2 x  1 Bedroom Condos 36Sq Fully Furnished Condos, with many Extras, AC in Bedroom & Living Room, Rent long or Short term, Reasonable price, deal direct with the Owner. No broker or middleman, 

6 hours ago, J Town said:

I live in a Jomtien condo that usually goes for 35k baht/month. The owner and I agreed to a 20k/month Covid price. We're both quite happy with the arrangement. He has someone watching out for his property , I'm living in a place with a great view, strong security, perfect location for me. I look out at surrounding condos at night and see less than 10% occupancy. It's a buyer's/renter's market.

Does Baan Suan Lanana has units at 35 K Thb per month? Hard to imagen , or you just go to swim there ?

I'd advise you to come here, decide on an area/condo block that you like, then look for adverts there.  If you see an advert you like then, before even looking at the condo, sit in the local bar coffee bar or restaurant and ask about the building, not all minuses are obvious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

True, but the point being made is that one may be long-term renting a place previously rented out short term, and in the future the neighbouring condos may return to just that.

Yes, good point. Read in a thread the other day there's some " bargains" in The Base. Not a place on my list for any length of stay never mind locking into a 12 month contract.