Is this genuine Metformin?

mrmicbkktxl

I have not heard of any problems with any brand of metformin here and it is highly unlikely anyone would bother counterfeiting it.

On what basis did you decide it didn't work? Do you monitor your blood sugar?

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I have not heard of any problems with any brand of metformin here and it is highly unlikely anyone would bother counterfeiting it.

On what basis did you decide it didn't work? Do you monitor your blood sugar?

I used for a while Metformin in silver/blue package it seemed to work,2 weeks ago I ordered more online,but since I use the new order I have to pee often and sometimes vision problems same as the Metformin doesn't work.I monitor 2 times per month at a pharmacy will go there again on Monday if they back.With the Siam brand I had the same problem that why I changed to the silver/blue.Just 1 hour ago I went to another pharmacy and got the gold ones.

You need to have yourself a blood glucose meter and check your blood sugars daily if your a diabetic.  I check mine 2 times daily. Once 2 hours after any of my 3 meals and either when I wake or before bed.  Never want to have a low or a high and become comatose.  

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

You need to have yourself a blood glucose meter and check your blood sugars daily if your a diabetic.  I check mine 2 times daily. Once 2 hours after any of my 3 meals and either when I wake or before bed.  Never want to have a low or a high and become comatose.  

Just ordered one from Lazada today my old one got broken in August, but since I felt ok I was to stingy to by a new one

17 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Just ordered one from Lazada today my old one got broken in August, but since I felt ok I was to stingy to by a new one

I had a problem ordering my test strips when I ran out since I use a One Touch Verio. Took me 2 months to source them out here in Bangkok.  Bought a cheap one through lazada to fill the gap. Numbers were always a little high.  Happy to see my endocrinologist here every 90 days and get blood work done. A1C is at 5.4, so I keep good control and it is why I use the never like I do.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I had a problem ordering my test strips when I ran out since I use a One Touch Verio. Took me 2 months to source them out here in Bangkok.  Bought a cheap one through lazada to fill the gap. Numbers were always a little high.  Happy to see my endocrinologist here every 90 days and get blood work done

That is another problem I have a Contour next EZ but can't find the test strips,the last one what got broken was akku check,it suddenly showed crazy high numbers my morning sugar is normaly about 125-135 and it showed 190-220 

7 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Metformin "Glucono-500" is available at Fascino. The big pack with 500 tablets à 500mg is THB 650.--. Just compare.

That's cheap are you sure?,I paid for the gold ones 350THB for 100 tablets a 500 mg

15 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

That's cheap are you sure?,I paid for the gold ones 350THB for 100 tablets a 500 mg

I am sure. 500 tablets à 500mg Metformin HCI for THB 650.--. I take Glucono-500 all the time since Xigduo (a combination of Metformin and Dapaglifozin) is not available in Thailand. Just go to Fascino and see for yourself.

4 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I am sure. 500 tablets à 500mg Metformin HCI for THB 650.--. I take Glucono-500 all the time since Xigduo (a combination of Metformin and Dapaglifozin) is not available in Thailand. Just go to Fascino and see for yourself.

Thank you I  will do that

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I have just started metoformin and have been told to take it w/Jardiance - I believe that is new and highly recommended though expensive.. maybe no generic yet... I think they are now making a pill that is a combo of the two????

Anyone else? 

It is called Jardiance Duo. The dosage I take is a tablet which contains 1000mg of Metformin and 12.5 mg of Jardiance.  I take it once in the morning after breakfast and then once at night after dinner.  A box of 60 tablets runs 3200 Baht at the S.C.Phesat Pharmacy on Rama 4. It gives me a good grouping of blood sugars. I am averaging readings of 105 over the past 3 months. I am a diabetic due to a surgery I had on my neck which put my pancreas almost to sleep.  I also use trulicity once a week which I have to buy from the hospital. Luckily my insurance from the US  reimburses me 90%.  I buy 3 months at a time.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I used for a while Metformin in silver/blue package it seemed to work,2 weeks ago I ordered more online,but since I use the new order I have to pee often and sometimes vision problems same as the Metformin doesn't work.I monitor 2 times per month at a pharmacy will go there again on Monday if they back.With the Siam brand I had the same problem that why I changed to the silver/blue.Just 1 hour ago I went to another pharmacy and got the gold ones.

online from where? That may be the problem.

No issue with metformin from pharmacies here.

I’ve been using Accu-check meters for many years. About 2 years ago I started getting consistently high readings, all over the place really. Funny, because my regular  HbA1c tests always went between 5.1 and 5.7.  Subsequently I learned that they went through a period of bad sticks, and there were recalls in many countries, but not here. For the last year my strips are bang on and a morning (clinic) FBS sugar test gives practically the same result as the meter.

I get my Siam metformin at a drug store off Victory monument in Bangkok: 850 mg -150 baht for 100 pills and 500 mg - 80 baht for 100 pills. Fascino equivalents in Pattaya come at a premium. Never had any quality problems.

boy, have I learned to control carbos except around the holidays.

• 5 months later...
On 1/3/2021 at 12:24 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

Agreed, i've been buying Metformin from Siam Pharmacy in Korat for 10 years, 850mg tabs priced currently at 38bht for a pack of 10 (Glucophage)

I Started Buying The SAME As You Pumpy in Nong Khai,But The Barstewards Ripped Me Off they charged me 45 Baht a Strip of 10 !!!

• Sad 1

On 1/2/2021 at 12:11 PM, mrmicbkktxl said:

Hi I'm trying to find genuine Metformin.I was trying Metformin from Siam Brand but I had the feeling it didn't work ,same goes to Metformin hydrochloride (silver blue packing).Now I bought gold ones.Which brand is good?

You are talking about the manufacturer's name and the colours of the packing of three different types of Metformin tablets you have been taking. Do you actually know you what you are really taking, ie how many mg Metformin per tablet, with these different types? It makes a lot of difference whether a tablet contains 500 mg Metformin or 850 mg.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 9:37 PM, Puccini said:

You are talking about the manufacturer's name and the colours of the packing of three different types of Metformin tablets you have been taking. Do you actually know you what you are really taking, ie how many mg Metformin per tablet, with these different types? It makes a lot of difference whether a tablet contains 500 mg Metformin or 850 mg.

2000mg per day 2x1000 HbA1c 6.3 morning sugar average 110