If someone fly from BKK to Phuket needs to quarantine now...!?

Agusts

I heard if people go from BKK to some other provinces they may need to quarantine for 14 days, is that true...? How about to Phuket...!?

(Total hearsay and unreliable, hence I'm asking...)

Edited by Agusts

Okay I found on Bangkok Post that Korat announced from today it quarantines anyone coming from red zone provinces...

I guess it depends which governor wants to be famous, and up to each province...

So far not find info about any other province doing the same...

I flew from BKK to HKT on Saturday evening and nothing had changed with Phuket arrivals. It was the typical temperature scan, ThaiChana app scan, and a squirt of hand sanitizer. There were only 18 people on my Bangkok Airways flight and both airports were very quiet. 

With infections in as near  as Ranong and Prachuab, it would be a sterling idea to demand all visitors have a test before flying, and force a self quarantine in Phuket to keep us sll safe !!!! If things are let go, we may soon be under lockdown too, and that'll be the dead knell for businesses in Phuket.

• Like 1

Thailand’s five coastal provinces of Samut Sakhon, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat have been placed under total lockdown, meaning travel in and out of the provinces is banned, unless it is absolutely necessary.

Deputy Public Health Minister Satit Pitutacha said in his Facebook post on Monday that he would like to thank Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and the CCSA for approving the proposal from the Ministry of Public Health to lock the provinces down due to the rapidly rising COVID-19 infection rate.

While acknowledging that the tough measure will impact the economy and the normal livelihoods of the people there, he said that, without this tough but short-term measure, the pandemic may spread across the country.

Meanwhile, the Bureau of the Royal Household has ordered the temporary closure of The Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, the Bang Pa-in Palace, the Puping Palace, Chang Hua Mun Royal Project, Queen Sirikit’s textile museum, Silpa Paendin museum and Sala Chalerm Krung Royal Theatre until January 31st.

A research team from Prince of Songkhla University has developed a COVID-19 test kit, which is capable of detecting the presence of COVID anti-bodies in blood in 15 minutes with 99% accuracy.

Assistant Professor Thirakamol Pengsakul, head of the research team, explained today that, since over 90% of infected people are asymptomatic, the test kit is used to detect anti-bodies in a person exposed to the virus in the previous 1-2 weeks.

He said the test kit has been approved by the Thai Food and Drug Administration and mass production can start shortly, with the capacity to produce up to 100,000 test kits a day.

15 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Thailand’s five coastal provinces of Samut Sakhon, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat have been placed under total lockdown, meaning travel in and out of the provinces is banned, unless it is absolutely necessary.

Deputy Public Health Minister Satit Pitutacha said in his Facebook post on Monday that he would like to thank Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and the CCSA for approving the proposal from the Ministry of Public Health to lock the provinces down due to the rapidly rising COVID-19 infection rate.

While acknowledging that the tough measure will impact the economy and the normal livelihoods of the people there, he said that, without this tough but short-term measure, the pandemic may spread across the country.

Meanwhile, the Bureau of the Royal Household has ordered the temporary closure of The Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, the Bang Pa-in Palace, the Puping Palace, Chang Hua Mun Royal Project, Queen Sirikit’s textile museum, Silpa Paendin museum and Sala Chalerm Krung Royal Theatre until January 31st.

A research team from Prince of Songkhla University has developed a COVID-19 test kit, which is capable of detecting the presence of COVID anti-bodies in blood in 15 minutes with 99% accuracy.

Assistant Professor Thirakamol Pengsakul, head of the research team, explained today that, since over 90% of infected people are asymptomatic, the test kit is used to detect anti-bodies in a person exposed to the virus in the previous 1-2 weeks.

He said the test kit has been approved by the Thai Food and Drug Administration and mass production can start shortly, with the capacity to produce up to 100,000 test kits a day.

It's all changed now. Not on total lockdown

3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

NO< if u arrive in the next day

after that most likely YES

I wonder the next step is to prevent even land entry unless with test and quarantine etc....  , it doesn't look good...????☹️

Interesting how only Phuket has these strict restrictions in place, why only Phuket and not other provinces ? After all there will be many more provinces that Thais (particularly Bangkok Thais) will be planning on traveling to, provinces more important to them such as the north/north eastern provinces.

My initial thought was Phuket was simply putting up a barrier to the Bangkok/Pattaya crowd who can’t find a place for a beer after 9 or 10pm, a way of saying “don’t come here”; but now I’m thinking there is more to it than this.

Phuket was initially touted as the gateway for returnees coming back to Thailand, eventually losing out to Bangkok, now the tables may have been turned.

Is Phuket about to make a 2nd bid to be that gateway which was virtually promised to them before ? After all the ASQ program has proved to be very lucrative for the Bangkok hotels.

I have a quite impudent question :

A person terminating his quarantine in Bangkok, if going directly to Phuket, needs  to make one more quarantine in Phuket.

A person terminating his quarantine in Bangkok, going directly to Krabi, spending one night in Krabi and going one day later to Phuket, what shall he need to to while in Phuket  ?

I'm guessing all this can be controlled and checked via flight and airport but how about via land...!? Any different restrictions on land entry as of today...?

So far they had just checked temperature and waved you through at Sarasin checkpoint, let's see if that changes...(though hard to know where the vehicle is coming from really, can always say I was in Phang Nga...!!!).

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

I'm guessing all this can be controlled and checked via flight and airport but how about via land...!? Any different restrictions on land entry as of today...?

So far they had just checked temperature and waved you through at Sarasin checkpoint, let's see if that changes...(though hard to know where the vehicle is coming from really, can always say I was in Phang Nga...!!!).

The same can be said for someone traveling from Bkk airport, the person could have driven his car to Bkk from a province not listed as high risk, with his only time in Bkk being the walk from the car park to the departure lounge, do they have to quarantine when in Phuket ?

For land entry the first thing they will check is the number plates, I’m currently in Bangkok where I have been for the last 3 weeks, my car has Phuket number plates, the chances are I will be waived through and not even stopped.

Again I’m suspecting they are putting on this show for reasons other than protecting the island from a 2nd wave.

• Like 1

The TAT Phuket office posted on their Facebook page that tourists who just finished their quarantine in ASQ in Bangkok and have a certificate stating no risk of Covid-19, can travel direct to Phuket without doing quarantine there. Call 1422 for more information #Thailand
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 10:25 AM, zzzzz said:
The TAT Phuket office posted on their Facebook page that tourists who just finished their quarantine in ASQ in Bangkok and have a certificate stating no risk of Covid-19, can travel direct to Phuket without doing quarantine there. Call 1422 for more information #Thailand

I spoke also to the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (usually they do not answer the phone, I have been lucky.....) and they confirmed me that, going directly from ASQ to the airport, the additional quarantine in Phuket is not required  ???? 

7 hours ago, federicoP said:

I spoke also to the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (usually they do not answer the phone, I have been lucky.....) and they confirmed me that, going directly from ASQ to the airport, the additional quarantine in Phuket is not required  ???? 

Does this make any sense. In taxi to airport. Mingling at airport. Flight to Phuket. Assume should be Ok ????