Tahitian Queen closed down.

Natai Beach

18 minutes ago, BigStar said:

A couple of months ago I tried the Dollhouse being touted on here by our connoisseurs as now the best. Love the parking on WS now. ????Unfriendly, cavernous, vacant, unlistenable music played too loudly as always, slick, pricey (esp compared w/ TQ). Pretty girls, granted, but quite young and vacuous who'd likely go starfish until time to make the excuse why they absolutely had to leave early. 

Not often you see people complaining that the girls are pretty and young, you forgot to mention they are mostly naked. People go to gogos for different things I guess. Personally I disliked the shiite rock music you get played at some daytime agogos, plus haggard older ladies. Opposite Dollhouse they had their sister agogo Beavers which was Baby dolls and probably more up your st except the music

On 1/26/2021 at 4:31 AM, jacko45k said:

I love how investment gurus point at alternatives where they might have made money (with this wonderful foresight), and allocate that as a 'loss'. It is like me looking at bitcoin now and wailing how I lost so much money by not buying in September. Or perhaps I can enjoy the 'profits' I made by simply leaving money in the bank at 0.0% and not buying some Pattaya property or investing in a Soi 6 bargroup.. 

Merely pointing out that just because a parcel of land is prime beach front real estate, that doesn't mean it can't decrease in value, or lose tenants.  Both equal a loss to the owner. 

Yes, wealthy Thai's may own such land and not care about the drop in value, or one of their assets being vacant and not earning, but that's irrelevant to the point I was making.    

11 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Total almost reached.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-a-local-business-Thailand

Looks like TQ will survive ... was it ever in doubt?

Reached and slightly exceeded this morning. Latest word I got is that they've now paid the rent and want to reopen but are considering how and when to do that given the current conditions, currently far worse than after the last lockdown was lifted. No dancing (!), closing at 11 PM, little travel happening, Chonburi in the orange zone. Some--dunno how many--expats are now staying in more just owing to fear of COVID. For example, one German in my condo, once a monger of note, now mostly hides in his room with the door shut. Seriously. In any case, fewer expats seem to be out and about generally nowadays. 

It's hardly worth doing at the moment, but they may put their toes back in the water within the next week or so with just a very minimal crew. I'd assume the same later opening hour of 4 PM or perhaps 5. If so, that'd be a time to show support even for those who may have had some trivial and shortsighted issues in the past.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adammike said:

She forgot to mention "go-go" in the description of the rock and roll bar!

So that you might remember it or know? And if you did, would you have then contributed?

But TQ's always been known and identified as the Tahitian Queen Rock 'n' Roll Bar. 

tqlogo.png.e49a256ba060d6230523e6093a30aa0a.png

"Go go" has never been a part of any description of the TQ even on their old webpage, which was up for maybe 20 years.

Seems then that your issue is merely a self-induced false memory of an imaginary description that never officially existed--for whatever reason. And after all the goal has been reached. ????

11 hours ago, adammike said:

Could they use some of the cash to ensure their beer is properly chilled.

Never noticed an issue. But I thought "go go" is your main concern. Anyway don't Brits like warm beer? You've heard that joke, 

Q: Why do the English drink warm beer?

A: Lucas refrigerators.

Just joking, spare me all the harumphs and schoolmarming. But you could buy an immersion thermometer (multiuse, of course), collect statistics over, say, a month, and print out a spreadsheet to show the manager on duty. And if TQ "properly" chilled their beer, does that ensure your custom? Or is this just the usual silly trolling and blowing smoke?

Edited by BigStar

52 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No dancing (!), closing at 11 PM,

I expect it will be similar to pre lockdown #2. Dancing was supposedly banned before, but the GGB shuffle should be okay. Business behind closed doors with the outside lights out, 11pm or midnight... small difference. 

58 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Anyway don't Brits like warm beer? You've heard that joke, 

Q: Why do the English drink warm beer?

A: Lucas refrigerators.

Do you also like Ice and a stirring straw with red wine. :jap:

Edited by quake

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I expect it will be similar to pre lockdown #2. Dancing was supposedly banned before, but the GGB shuffle should be okay. Business behind closed doors with the outside lights out, 11pm or midnight... small difference. 

Go-go dancing was an exemption then, not clear if it is now or not. If not, from what I know of TQ's rule-abiding behavior in recent years, there won't be go-go dancing. My source mentioned a worry about that in particular.

Edited by BigStar

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

So that you might remember it or know? And if you did, would you have then contributed?

But TQ's always been known and identified as the Tahitian Queen Rock 'n' Roll Bar. 

tqlogo.png.e49a256ba060d6230523e6093a30aa0a.png

"Go go" has never been a part of any description of the TQ even on their old webpage, which was up for maybe 20 years.

Seems then that your issue is merely a self-induced false memory of an imaginary description that never officially existed--for whatever reason. And after all the goal has been reached. ????

Always?

You clearly do not remember the days it was a "DISCO BAR" then?

Edited by TaaSaparot

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Always?

You clearly do not remember the days it was a "DISCO BAR" then?

Before my time; I'm impressed. How was it? Obviously we're talking about the modern incarnation of TQ that the Gofundme references. Still, to underline the point, "go go" wasn't even part of its official description anywhere then either, right?

Edited by BigStar

6 hours ago, sungod said:

Yep, heard the same. Hopefully this short closure will allow they to clear out the girls who have been there since 1978 with younger versions.

47 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I hope that this rumour is true!  Would be nice if all the female staff were born after 1990.

After the reopening post lockdown #1, having supported the entire staff throughout the entire 4 months, management felt they could longer support the older and overweight dancers (sadly, in some cases). That resulted in the best lineup in years. There are just a few exceptions who are typically popular among patrons (YMMV).

Don't expect Dollhouse, however. You like the TQ rock 'n' roll dancers ("dancers" used advisedly) (NB: generally speaking) if you like ladies a bit more mature, more personable and relatable owing to a greater experience and comfort level with farangs, and better English (no, they ain't fluent) and manners. Some are quite witty and more than a little entertaining, fun to joke around with. Wish I could repeat some gems here.???? And you happen to enjoy having the same ladies around the next time you visit, as turnover is unusually low at TQ. Staff enjoy working there year after year partly because they consider the management fair and benevolent.

Edited by BigStar

33 minutes ago, BigStar said:

management felt they could longer support the older and overweight dancers (sadly, in some cases). That resulted in the best lineup in years

Not so sure about that.........

Hope the management are reading this thread.

Edited by sungod

On 1/28/2021 at 7:59 AM, BigStar said:

And I was informed he was open to the idea. Not only is it going but it's now up to $13,844 raised of the $16,000 goal. From the notice on the page a week ago:

Looks like we are going to make it through this month. Woody and Bob are overjoyed - this situation has been a huge source of stress for all of us.

Let’s keep this up! Please spread the word if you have not already. I know that because GoFundMe is not a well known resource for those in Pattaya/Thailand some people were skeptical of this campaign. Woody and I have been discussing how we can help assure others that this campaign is legit (any ideas are welcome!). If we can meet the $16k goal, the TQ will be able to afford the rest of it’s contract with the property manager. Hopefully by then businesses will open again and the TQ will be able to stand on it’s own.

Again, we can’t thank you enough. Thanks for believing in us!

Doesn't much sound like disapproval. So you may take your choice between various rumors and our very shrewd TVF Proctologists. We always have the same sort of self-serving rationalizations appearing whenever a Gofundme is mentioned, usually for some tourist who's hospitalized owing to a motorbike accident. Nothing new here. Rock on!

ahh well just saying what im hearing man