Tahitian Queen closed down.

Natai Beach

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

31 years ago.

you sure,  more like 20--24, i would say.

I new the people in that pic. 

but i could be wrong on the dates, very drunken times back then. :jap:

Edited by quake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/24/2021 at 5:40 PM, thainet said:

And one other important thing--do they want to reopen, or just call it a day.

The 'go fund me' page was started by W's daughter from the States. So was it on her own volition or sanctioned by the owner?

Obviously, W’s daughter, a professional engineer working in California, wouldn’t have started such a Gofund me w/o talking to dad first. Again, the idea is to reopen if they can afford to do so, not steal a little money, much as our TVF Proctologists may love to think so. 

So the thing is, if you feel like contributing to the 'Fund' for nostalgia or whatever reason then go ahead, but if it doesn't reopen, then don't cry that you've lost a few hundred bucks.

Yes, ma’am. But I really don’t picture a TQ patron crying over pocket change. You’re probably thinking of the usual TVF whinger crying over 5 baht confiscated by a songtaew driver when on his way to find the 40 baht  Changs. Understandable, given their prevalence.

Now in the very worst case, a TQ patron would probably be obliged to

. . . write a suicide note on a hundred dollar bill
'cos if you wanna run cool
. . . you got to run
On heavy, heavy fuel

Less drastically, he might perhaps hum some other Dire Straits he’d heard through TQ’s JBLs while ordering another round of drinks for a few hotties:

Sometimes you're the windshield
Sometimes you're the bug
Sometimes it all comes together baby
Sometimes you're a fool in love . . . 

Joking aside, if TQ can’t reopen, then the Gofundme contributions will be used for a worthy cause as stated on the page. That’d still be a good thing, too, so you may save your hankies.  

As I actually visited TQ the 2nd week it was open (different owner), then personally I feel it's had a good shake, and time to move on.

TQ was doing OK pre-COVID and surviving after the first lockdown, so it seems more accurate to conclude it’s you who’s had a good shake and it’s time for you to move on. And thanks for sharing. 

Many of our aged posters do find it comforting to project their own obsolescence, their own long-past sell by dates, onto other people and businesses. That said, any business mentioned here, even the mostly beloved 40 baht Chang shacks, will have detractors to offer up doom and sneers, sometimes accompanied with the most pretentious barstool economics blather. Forum cred, I suppose, to seem still relevant in a world where nobody cares to listen to the old fart if they can possibly avoid it.

Years ago an interviewer implied a similar opinion to Keith Richards. After all, he’d enjoyed several lifetimes of good shakes and already looked straight out of the Walking Dead. The Keef’s reply: there’s still juice in the old grape. Quite a lot of juice, it turned out, which found a still-appreciative audience.  

It ain’t over till the Fat Boy backfires. As many have said, closure may now be inevitable irrespective of Gofundme and best wishes. Otherwise, to judge by pre-COVID and earlier post-lockdown patronage, TQ likely would have continued viable into the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 11:15 AM, Natai Beach said:

I think I am going to cry now.

perhaps we can start a gofundme?

Well, I am glad they listened. 
it just may work with some help from the Heavens Above.

I have some new information about another gogo operator who I won’t name, who used to have a place upstairs off walking street and now has a different place under the same name in Soi Buakao. 

He is keen to take over the TQ lease. 

So we have a back up plan if the gofundme isn’t successful.

Long live the Queen! 
Heaven help us! 

On 1/24/2021 at 1:07 PM, GrandPapillon said:

in the late 90s, I heard it was 250,000 THB per month, back then it was a lot of money

It was a lot of money and 250k per month was correct so i believe however the Asian crisis USD was 50+ baht to the dollar and the TQ was at its peak, Pattaya was at its peak awesome time to be in Thailand , they would have made 250k for rental real quick

On 1/24/2021 at 4:48 PM, kevinsan said:

First they closed the old Thermae.

Alas, Washington Square demolished.

Then they shuttered JP's International Bar.

And now they are gunning for Tahitian Queen.

The watering holes are shrinking. Let's keep this party rolling. Best boys club in Pattaya. No pretense no BS. These boys have been burning through cash all year with no end in sight.

JPs what a wild bizarre place that was in the we hrs, frequented many a time 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 5:14 PM, crobe said:

If you knew anything about the Patpong family you would know that Varita has had many opportunities to redevelop the site to "maximise the  rental value" - she has been offered major hotel concessions on that site by the likes of Hyatt and Marriot - the original Royal Garden was offered to be where TQ is now. 

She has some affection for the type of business that is there at the moment and has resisted a lot of offers, not only there but the much more substantial offers for Patpong 1&2 - which are now surrounded by high-rise offices and only her sois retain the older shophouses.

It will be seen whether this changes as she hands this over to her kids.

The facts therefore bely your assertions - but then - who would take real estate advice from a monger living in a dingy bedsit off Soi Bukhao?

i just cant believe it wasn't re devloped many years ago when the going was good

On 1/26/2021 at 12:48 AM, VBF said:

There was a time when TQ, Nevada, Las Vegas and others on Soi Post Office and Soi Yamoto were great daytime gogos. Sadly, in recent years all except TQ have become incredibly boring and / or closed completely.

to much competition ie boo cow, that wasn't around when the above mentioned bars were great daytime shenanigans,

i do recall it was a dirt road to get from Diana inn to 3rd road and 3rd road was a no go area at night time

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

to much competition ie boo cow, that wasn't around when the above mentioned bars were great daytime shenanigans,

i do recall it was a dirt road to get from Diana inn to 3rd road and 3rd road was a no go area at night time

good times ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

Me too - just!

Great, wasn't it? ????

On 1/26/2021 at 4:47 PM, BigStar said:

Obviously, W’s daughter, a professional engineer working in California, wouldn’t have started such a Gofund me w/o talking to dad first. Again, the idea is to reopen if they can afford to do so, not steal a little money, much as our TVF Proctologists may love to think so. 

Yes, ma’am. But I really don’t picture a TQ patron crying over pocket change. You’re probably thinking of the usual TVF whinger crying over 5 baht confiscated by a songtaew driver when on his way to find the 40 baht  Changs. Understandable, given their prevalence.

. . . you got to run
On heavy, heavy fuel

Less drastically, he might perhaps hum some other Dire Straits he’d heard through TQ’s JBLs while ordering another round of drinks for a few hotties:

Sometimes you're the bug

Joking aside, if TQ can’t reopen, then the Gofundme contributions will be used for a worthy cause as stated on the page. That’d still be a good thing, too, so you may save your hankies.  

TQ was doing OK pre-COVID and surviving after the first lockdown, so it seems more accurate to conclude it’s you who’s had a good shake and it’s time for you to move on. And thanks for sharing. 

Many of our aged posters do find it comforting to project their own obsolescence, their own long-past sell by dates, onto other people and businesses. That said, any business mentioned here, even the mostly beloved 40 baht Chang shacks, will have detractors to offer up doom and sneers, sometimes accompanied with the most pretentious barstool economics blather. Forum cred, I suppose, to seem still relevant in a world where nobody cares to listen to the old fart if they can possibly avoid it.

Years ago an interviewer implied a similar opinion to Keith Richards. After all, he’d enjoyed several lifetimes of good shakes and already looked straight out of the Walking Dead. The Keef’s reply: there’s still juice in the old grape. Quite a lot of juice, it turned out, which found a still-appreciative audience.  

It ain’t over till the Fat Boy backfires. As many have said, closure may now be inevitable irrespective of Gofundme and best wishes. Otherwise, to judge by pre-COVID and earlier post-lockdown patronage, TQ likely would have continued viable into the foreseeable future.

Thank you for your treatise. Much appreciated!.

I am honoured that you have dissected my post so thoroughly...it is very flattering.

Sad about your conclusions, but I understand you are writing under pressure to please a greater audience. 

Keep up the good work.

Edited by thainet

On 1/26/2021 at 1:47 PM, BigStar said:

. . . you got to run
On heavy, heavy fuel

Sometimes you're the bug

Incorrect, I was informed that Woodys daughter did not tell him that she was starting this go fund me page,

Woody told her its a business not a charity so take off this go fund me page, not sure if its still going is it ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

Incorrect, I was informed that Woodys daughter did not tell him that she was starting this go fund me page,

Woody told her its a business not a charity so take off this go fund me page, not sure if its still going is it ?

heavens above.

21 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

Bigstar on the ball again ????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

And I was informed he was open to the idea. Not only is it going but it's now up to $13,844 raised of the $16,000 goal. From the notice on the page a week ago:

Looks like we are going to make it through this month. Woody and Bob are overjoyed - this situation has been a huge source of stress for all of us.

Let’s keep this up! Please spread the word if you have not already. I know that because GoFundMe is not a well known resource for those in Pattaya/Thailand some people were skeptical of this campaign. Woody and I have been discussing how we can help assure others that this campaign is legit (any ideas are welcome!). If we can meet the $16k goal, the TQ will be able to afford the rest of it’s contract with the property manager. Hopefully by then businesses will open again and the TQ will be able to stand on it’s own.

Again, we can’t thank you enough. Thanks for believing in us!

Doesn't much sound like disapproval. So you may take your choice between various rumors and our very shrewd TVF Proctologists. We always have the same sort of self-serving rationalizations appearing whenever a Gofundme is mentioned, usually for some tourist who's hospitalized owing to a motorbike accident. Nothing new here. Rock on!

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That could in effect be as little as a single visit! ????

Indeed. Esp by the tourists in Pattaya for a blow out, what with the bell ringing, horn blowing, buying for groups of ladies and staff, and also bar fining groups. A highly reliable TQ regular once mentioned watching a tourist run through B50,000.

41 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Indeed. Esp by the tourists in Pattaya for a blow out, what with the bell ringing, horn blowing, buying for groups of ladies and staff, and also bar fining groups. A highly reliable TQ regular once mentioned watching a tourist run through B50,000.

I do wonder what the difference is between a 'highly reliable regular' and just a 'regular'. Please enlighten us.

2 hours ago, thainet said:

I do wonder what the difference is between a 'highly reliable regular' and just a 'regular'. Please enlighten us.

You're wondering, not "us." I leave you to figure that out as a useful one-off in common sense to add to today's set of brain-stimulating exercises. Useful, in that finally being able to distinguish for yourself which punters sitting at the bar are the more reliable & trustworthy may save you from various undesirable consequences, even if only that of believing and spreading false rumors. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BigStar said:

He wasn't a tourist (were you Matt M.)

On 1/25/2021 at 8:01 PM, Leaver said:
On 1/24/2021 at 4:02 PM, scubascuba3 said:

If there was a quality daytime agogo such as Dollhouse, Electric Blue, even Windmill then I'd go to it, daytime would suit me better but unfortunately the daytime ones have been rubbish for a long time 

A decent day time gogo would have a niche market and would probably do well.

There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with Nevada daytime gogo on Soi Post Office before the landlord got greedy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with Nevada daytime gogo on Soi Post Office before the landlord got greedy.

Agreed. Great lil' dive, lots of character, exceptional playlist. Any bar that has to keep a lookout against BIB raids must be good. ???? Classic trek was from TQ to Las Vegas/Nevada and then on down to WS w/ a few stops along the way. Might get there in time for the happy hour at TQ2 on Soi BJ.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Agreed. Great lil' dive, lots of character, exceptional playlist. Any bar that has to keep a lookout against BIB raids must be good. ???? Classic trek was from TQ to Las Vegas/Nevada and then on down to WS w/ a few stops along the way. Might get there in time for the happy hour at TQ2 on Soi BJ.

The gogo which was on 13/2 just up from McDonald's now gone didn't like the idea of me going in for a look first, every other decent gogo don't mind. They probably knew I'd do a U turn straight out 

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The gogo which was on 13/2 just up from McDonald's now gone didn't like the idea of me going in for a look first, every other decent gogo don't mind. They probably knew I'd do a U turn straight out 

All the indecent go-gos invite me right on with a smile, probably know I'll have at least one cool one.

On 1/24/2021 at 4:02 PM, scubascuba3 said:

If there was a quality daytime agogo such as Dollhouse, Electric Blue, even Windmill then I'd go to it, daytime would suit me better but unfortunately the daytime ones have been rubbish for a long time 

A couple of months ago I tried the Dollhouse being touted on here by our connoisseurs as now the best. Love the parking on WS now. ????Unfriendly, cavernous, vacant, unlistenable music played too loudly as always, slick, pricey (esp compared w/ TQ). Pretty girls, granted, but quite young and vacuous who'd likely go starfish until time to make the excuse why they absolutely had to leave early. 

No thanks. That wouldn't be competition against TQ even if open in the daytime. Different market appeal. Hence TQ continued to do quite well against the slick daytime go-gos on LK Metro after they opened and were still pretty good, e. g., Champagne at the time.

Our Economists, following the enshrined TVF Fixed Pie Principle, tend to think in terms of a binary either/or. Central OR T21, nobody can shop at both.???? Perhaps old brains need to cling to such simplistic rigidity to avoid vertigo. In fact, however, punters can and often do think in terms of both/and.