Electric cars

Misab

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Once the majority of cars are electric Governments (like the UK) will introduce some sort of electric tax so bang goes any advantage to owning an electric car. They can not afford to lose the billions they get in fuel tax.

Yes, you are right.

I have a 100% electric car.

I didn’t buy it to save money. Money was not a consideration.

Even though I rarely charge it at home because I nearly always charge it for free in Central, I will never recoup the extra cost of the car compared to the equivalent petrol or diesel car. So be it.

I have the car because I love the acceleration, the quietness, the smoothness. It’s a joy to drive.

And I love the tech!

When I drive petrol cars now, they feel noisy and clunky and old hat, in comparison.

I read that a lot of taxi drivers in the UK are using electric cars. Because of the high mileage they do, they are saving a fortune. But, as you say, that will undoubtedly change in the not too distant future when the government introduces an electric tax to make up for the billions they’re gonna lose in petrol/diesel tax.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Once the majority of cars are electric Governments (like the UK) will introduce some sort of electric tax so bang goes any advantage to owning an electric car. They can not afford to lose the billions they get in fuel tax.

For most people, there is no advantage to owning electric cars that is not provided by a government subsidy of some kind. Such subsidies typically benefit the rich at the expense of the poor.

But you are right, I know (at least in the US) road use and other taxes that are currently collected on each gallon of gasoline sold will have to be made up somewhere. Likely either a per mile or per kWh charge.

32 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Its a Joke - and a Scam

First Diesel - Now, can not

Now Electric - just wait, history repeats itself

Plus - U think Big Oil will stand for this ?

Big oil does not care, they make the lion's share of EV related government handouts now, and when all those cars need to be charged they'll be selling all the oil to generate the electricity. 

Burning oil to generate a rotational force to propel cars will be replaced by burning oil to generate rotational force to generate electricity to charge batteries to generate rotational force to propel cars, it's brilliant!

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Big oil does not care, they make the lion's share of EV related government handouts now, and when all those cars need to be charged they'll be selling all the oil to generate the electricity. 

Burning oil to generate a rotational force to propel cars will be replaced by burning oil to generate rotational force to generate electricity to charge batteries to generate rotational force to propel cars, it's brilliant!

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Plus - U think Big Oil will stand for this ?

Exactly what my post was referring to - not in some distant future

It has 250HP and 7.5 seconds 0-60 with both EV and ICE together but the battery is limited, how will it go on longer trips . The MG 3, MG ZS also have the similar motor and reviews have highlighted the lack of power of the non electric  MG HS? But still an interesting car, booked a test drive next week

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Rawairat said:

It has 250HP and 7.5 seconds 0-60 with both EV and ICE together but the battery is limited, how will it go on longer trips . The MG 3, MG ZS also have the similar motor and reviews have highlighted the lack of power of the non electric  MG HS? But still an interesting car, booked a test drive next week

0-60 miles or km?

On 1/5/2021 at 9:30 PM, ktm jeff said:

You might find John Cadogan,s expose of the Elon Musk EV cult interesting as he explains how , on other peoples/taxpayers  money , he covers the huge losses of Tesla. Up to 100 million dollars PER month. A company sure to implode , just like his rockets.

John Cadogan with his internet site for car buying in Oz...Elon Musk serial entrepreneur with 3 cutting edge world transforming companies to his name (and the richest man in the world some days depending on the markets). I guess I need to buy John some of those "Short"" under-shorts Tesla had for sale on its site.