Strict measures put in place to curb Covid-19 in ‘red’ provinces

webfact

Strict measures put in place to curb Covid-19 in ‘red’ provinces

By The Nation

800_c8e127eeb693c9f.jpg?v=1609851080

The general public has been told to strictly adhere to DMHTT practices, namely distancing, mask wearing, hand washing, testing and ThaiChana check-in.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has also said that people travelling from high-risk areas, especially “red” zones, must isolate themselves for 14 days.

Meanwhile, all high-risk areas in controlled “red” provinces must be closed, CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin said on Tuesday, adding that dining in at restaurants will be prohibited from 9pm to 6am, all stores are required to set up checkpoints to screen people entering the area and ensure visitors check-in via the MorChana application.

Also, inter-provincial travel is banned unless absolutely necessary or involving the transport of goods, while field hospitals will be set up if needed.

“Red” or highly-controlled provinces include Tak, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Saraburi, Lopburi, Singburi, Ang Thong, Nakhon Nayok, Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Ratchaburi, Suphanburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Chachoengsao, Prachinburi, Sa Kaew, Samut Prakan, Chanthaburi, Chonburi, Trat, Rayong, Chumphon, Rayong and Bangkok.

Of these provinces, Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Chonburi, Chanthaburi and Trat have been recognised as maximum control provinces or “maroon” zones where new patients continue rising due to risky behaviour and gambling dens.

There will be strict surveillance of all people’s movements and hygiene practices in these provinces.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400711

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-06

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Of these provinces, Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Chonburi, Chanthaburi and Trat have been recognised as maximum control provinces or “maroon” zones where new patients continue rising due to risky behaviour and gambling dens.

Are these "moron" zones different from other zones that continue to have rising infection numbers but not due to risky behaviour or gambling dens?

57 minutes ago, scammed said:

can confirm chonburi, i cant get massage these days,

and odds of pure strawberry cake at big c extra is that low that

i find myself giving up the attempt half way there

I must correct you little bit here. ????

When an odds is low, means it´s easy to win or easy to get. (Or presumed to be).

You must mean the odds on getting a strawberry cake is sky high, right? If not, count me in. Just love cookies, candy and girls. ????

Nonthaburi: Moobaan in full lockdown mode...temp scans at security gate, Gym, Pool and playground closed...again. The irony is on most days...I'm the only one ever using the Gym...I guess I'm being protected from infecting myself..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonray said:

Nonthaburi: Moobaan in full lockdown mode...temp scans at security gate, Gym, Pool and playground closed...again. The irony is on most days...I'm the only one ever using the Gym...I guess I'm being protected from infecting myself..

What happens if you are running a high temperature when they scan you at the gate? Will they detain you and not let you enter your own house?

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

What happens if you are running a high temperature when they scan you at the gate? Will they detain you and not let you enter your own house?

Very good question...knowing our crack security team...they'll likely salute you, clicking their heels together as MooBaan security staff do and say "Mai Bpen Rai"

2 hours ago, bodga said:

when is a lockdown not a  lockdown

Seen some references to some government/social issues which kick in if the L-word is used, maybe regarding payments to poor and an out of work folks. So the L-word cannot be used. Yesterday, when some MoPH functionary used the L-word, everyone (Prayut, Wissanu, et al.) at the top was out quickly to say that this was not a lockdown, but a new category (purple?).

This may be why they passed the Communicable Disease Act ammendments so quickly, as that will be used in place of the Emergency Decrees (which I know was just extended to 15 Feb)?

It would appear  that these stricter measures have been put in place too late.

Well ! For Sumat Sukhan at least

At 10.30 my Missus told me there are 900 infected workers at a Sardine factory in Samut Sakhon which is just 1 Km from the original place of Infection in the Seafood Market.

All too little , All too late

6 hours ago, webfact said:

all stores are required to set up checkpoints to screen people entering the area and ensure visitors check-in via the MorChana application.

So everyone who doesn't own a suitable smartphone is now required to go to the considerable expense of acquiring one solely for the purposes of complying with this bloody ridiculous check-in requirement, are they???

3 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So everyone who doesn't own a suitable smartphone is now required to go to the considerable expense of acquiring one solely for the purposes of complying with this bloody ridiculous check-in requirement, are they???

Still sign in as normal in my exp.

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

It would appear  that these stricter measures have been put in place too late.

Well ! For Sumat Sukhan at least

At 10.30 my Missus told me there are 900 infected workers at a Sardine factory in Samut Sakhon which is just 1 Km from the original place of Infection in the Seafood Market.

All too little , All too late

Not according to today’s CCSA briefing !