'It's insurrection,' Biden says, as Trump supporters storm U.S. Capitol

webfact

All said and done, all this is worse than what's happening in 3rd world undeveloped countries! 

Proves humans are just one species- developed or not, black or white! 

Just some, who think they are superior and live in a bubble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ravip said:

All said and done, all this is worse than what's happening in 3rd world undeveloped countries! 

Proves humans are just one species- developed or not, black or white! 

Just some, who think they are superior and live in a bubble. 

Well, that's one way of passing the buck.

Crazy America, that's all I can say.  But what do you expect when their kids do not get a proper education and people need to carry weapons to protect themselves.  
The poverty in some states are probably worse than some countries in Africa. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, balo said:

Crazy America, that's all I can say.  But what do you expect when their kids do not get a proper education and people need to carry weapons to protect themselves.  

It is a bit of the chickens coming home to roost.

I am 63 years old, when I was kid, my Dad worked  in the trades and made enough money for us to have a good life, My mother never worked a day in her life. When we came home there was a home cooked meal waiting for us, she made sure we did our homework, and then we went out to play and develop social skills so nessacery later in life. 

Now , and for a few years , to maintain the same purchasing power, both parents have to work, kids come home from school to an empty house, eat cr*p, and watch more   cr*p on TV, then they get on their computers and antisocial media and think they have a meaningful relation with two thousand friends. 

When my daughter texts me all the time , I tell her. "Samantha texting is a convenient way to communicate with someone you don't want to talk to.. me call me"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, balo said:

Just read a report where some 40% of Americans would have a hard time coming up with $1,000 in case of an emergency.  That's insane.

There are a lot of problems in our society that need fixing.  The biggest is the right wing media outlets with their fake news and propaganda.  Oh, and social media sites....LOL

• Like 1

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'm also 63 years old and both my parents had to work in the "trades" (if you consider teaching and retail trades) to make ends meet.  However neither had a union job.

The destruction of union jobs, with the pay and benefits that come with them, is doing more to undermine blue collar workers and the middle class than any government policy.  Ironically, many of these dissatisfied blue collar workers are turning to the anti-union Republican Party for relief.  They would do better to support the Democrats, at least then they could get universal health care to replace the health care they can no longer get on the job.

Damn, seems to be a gathering of the 63 yo club. Me as well, and my father delivered bread for a living. NOT rocket science. He was a Teamsters Union member. He was able to buy a house, have a stay at home wife, and send my brother and I to private school. Everyone was profitable. Then Reagan broke up the unions and his finances plummeted. Corporate greed is at the core of everything wrong with the US system.

15 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

Trump is finished.  Both Mitch McConnell and Liz Cheney are now talking about supporting impeachment.  The deluge will follow.  The Republicans want to be rid of Trump and recognize impeachment as the clearest way to accomplish that.  The end is near for Trump.  Nixon was finished when Barry Goldwater and a bunch of Republican senators went and told him that he would be impeached and removed.  Nixon resigned shortly thereafter.

In order to remove Trump from office before the inauguration McConnell and Schumer would have to call the Senate back into session.  Will Moscow Mitch take positive action of that kind?

Turns out people tend to take personal offense when you send a mob to lynch them.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/12/us/capitol-mob-timeline.html

If Trump does get impeached, convicted, and prohibited from running for office in 2024, he will have lost a huge fundraising vehicle.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

If Trump does get impeached, convicted, and prohibited from running for office in 2024, he will have lost a huge fundraising vehicle.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. 

Right and that's the motivation of the Republicans.  They don't want him sucking the wind and money out of the 2024 campaign.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J Town said:

Damn, seems to be a gathering of the 63 yo club. Me as well, and my father delivered bread for a living. NOT rocket science. He was a Teamsters Union member. He was able to buy a house, have a stay at home wife, and send my brother and I to private school. Everyone was profitable. Then Reagan broke up the unions and his finances plummeted. Corporate greed is at the core of everything wrong with the US system.

Ouch.  Both my parents with non-union jobs, only two of the four children went to college and that was because I and one brother were able to get scholarships, and private school was never a consideration.  I bet your parents were able to afford a new car at some point in your childhood; my father never bought a new car, my mother bought her first new car in her 70's.

Unions make one hell of a difference.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1