'It's insurrection,' Biden says, as Trump supporters storm U.S. Capitol

webfact

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

And how many times did the physically threaten one of the 3 branches of the U.S. government in its entirety when it was engaged in a crucial Constitutional duty?

Maybe you have forgotten when the anti-Kavanaugh protesters stormed into the US Senate building in Sept 2018, pushing past a police line, storming up the steps and pounding on the doors of the court, disrupting the proceedings and pretty much holding people hostage there while it lasted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

it was actually funny ????

Trump didn't think so.  Sure he liked the idea of his mob invading the Capitol.  But he thought they looked too low class.  I've got news for you Donald:  That's your freakin base!  555555555

[Nuzzi also described an advisor as saying that Trump was enthusiastically watching TV coverage of the riot but was later upset by the mess the mob created.]

["Donald Trump was annoyed by the violent siege on the Capitol Wednesday — which left several dead — because it looked 'low class,' according to his adviser. 'He doesn't like low class things,'" Nuzzi tweeted.]

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-denounced-capital-rioters-after-realizing-legal-risk-report-2021-1

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

I object to the talking heads focusing on the Capitol building as the object of the attack.  The object of the attack was the 535 members of Congress.  There is some evidence that some of the attackers intended to murder members of Congress and the Vice President.  To describe that as an invasion of the Capitol fails to do justice to the true nature of the attack.

You are exactly right.  They were going after members of congress.  And some here condoned that!  That's about as unpatriotic as it gets...as well as disgusting.

They're getting read for the 17th.  Hopefully, more of these MAGA nuts will end up in jail.  And more members of the GOP biting the dust.  Hawley's toast, they're asking for his resignation in Texas.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/08/us/online-extremism-inauguration-capitol-invs/index.html

"Trump or war. Today. That simple."

"If you don't know how to shoot: You need to learn. NOW."

"we will storm the government buildings, kill cops, kill security guards, kill federal employees and agents, and demand a recount."

43 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

... At no time in his life was decent behavior ever a possibility with Trump.  That's what it means to be a psychopath.  To a psychopath like Trump there are no other people in the world, just him.  The others are just things to be manipulated whether by charm or intimidation to give him what he wants.  Psychopaths do not change.  They neither grow out of their mental illness, nor are they ever cured by treatment of any kind.  That's who they are.  ...

I suppose that there are a lot of politicians who would qualify for "... there are no other people in the world, just him (edit: them).  The others are just things to be manipulated ..."

I grew up around D.C., I've rubbed elbows with some of those self-important people on occasion.  Trump is a jerk, but many of these others are pure evil in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I suppose that there are a lot of politicians who would qualify for "... there are no other people in the world, just him (edit: them).  The others are just things to be manipulated ..."

I grew up around D.C., I've rubbed elbows with some of those self-important people on occasion.  Trump is a jerk, but many of these others are pure evil in the grand scheme of things. 

I spent a bit of time with a governor when he was running for reelection.  Kinda like a robot.  Take him from place to place, say the same speech, then move on to the next.  Not much was said in between.  Not a job I'd want!!!!

Change is desperately needed...as we've seen here...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

In the US psychopaths constitute about 1% of the population, but 4% of the upper echelons of corporations.  It's probably at least that for politicians.  Since psychopaths are driven by a need to dominate other people politics is going to be a magnet for them.  Nixon and JFK were probably both psychopaths.  

Please do not edit my quotes to impose your own taste for bad grammar on my writing.  "There are no other people in the world, just him," is correct in every sense of both grammar and politics.  

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Just a jerk? This said of the person who purposely had small children and infants separated from their parents. Some of them have yet to be reunited.

IMO, he's both evil and dangerous, and that's just getting started. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I spent a bit of time with a governor when he was running for reelection.  Kinda like a robot.  Take him from place to place, say the same speech, then move on to the next.  Not much was said in between.  Not a job I'd want!!!!

Change is desperately needed...as we've seen here...

He doesn't sound like he was a very skilled politician. The thing to do is to vary your speech depending on the crowd you're talking to. Nobody has said that politicians are ever saints but the current potus has revealed himself (though I knew it years ago) as the total opposite. 

• Like 1