'It's insurrection,' Biden says, as Trump supporters storm U.S. Capitol

webfact

The only ones to win from Trumps and the Republicans farce are Putin and communism. For decades the POLITBURO and the communist party have sprouted the evils of capitalism. Under Putin's influence Trump has succeeded in showing the  world that their philosophy was correct. Trump has shown over the last four years he does not support democracy, his supportive republican politicians have show no allegiance to the oath of office they took but are all scrambling to  pick up the trumpists who will like sheep follow any politician that offers them the fantasies they like to believe in. These politicians need to be careful what they wish for.

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump's Twitter account has been blocked for 12 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it should be completely Removed/Blocked,  not only temporarily suspended,  but Permanently like for his remaining life (if he has one left 555 )

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Apologies if I missed the irony.  For some of us Americans, today is the darkest day we've experienced. 

And yes, Americans do create chaos across the world.  But that's another topic...apologies.

I sorry too for this misunderstanding. English is not my native language.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

After all what happened last year I would have thought lessons would have been learned. But alas no. What a sad and shameful way to end a presidency and a life was lost too, one life is a life too many. (KUSI News; One Ahsli Babbit, a veteran of the USAF, apparently a strong supporter of Pres. Trump, is the lady identified (haven't checked that out elsewhere)). My condolences to her family.

Pres. Trump in his speech telling supporters to go home, imo, followed the same trend as his previous one (stolen election etc.) which I thought, lacked sincerity...and was too late.

Actually lessons were learned. As you may recall last year armed demonstrators invaded the Michigan State Capitol. In response, Trump called them very good people. So his supporters expected that that kind of behavior would meet with his approval once again. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually lessons were learned. As you may recall last year armed demonstrators invaded the Michigan State Capitol. In response, Trump called them very good people. So his supporters expected that that kind of behavior would meet with his approval once again. 

Good point.  It's not like Trump has ever said or done anything to discourage the sort of behavior that led to today's coup attempt.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm sure this kind of behaviour did meet his approval again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pique Dard said:

am i the only  one to have noticed how "soft" the policemen were? anyway, that isn't what i saw when blm people were protesting  against g.floyd's death

if they were able to storm in that easy they must have help from inside... investigation will show the ones, plenty of video/photos of evidence

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

am i the only  one to have noticed how "soft" the policemen were? anyway, that isn't what i saw when blm people were protesting  against g.floyd's death

and pro-Trump supporters have been told to "leave guns at home"

"Trump summoned supporters to this week's gatherings, saying on Twitter on Sunday "I will be there" and on Friday that "it will be wild"."

Leave guns at home, Trump supporters told | The Canberra Times | Canberra, ACT

Edited by Opl

6 minutes ago, Opl said:

and pro-Trump supporters have been told to "leave guns at home"

yet reportedly  molotov cocktails and  3 pipe bombs were found in the building... brought by the police ?

Edited by Pique Dard

Just now, Elkski said:

Now would be a good time for Melania to out on trump.  Or does she want Barron and her associated with this psycho?

She checked out a long time ago. She renegotiated her prenup before moving from 45 tower to the White House. I imagine part of her agreement is to stay until 21 Jan 2021. She's just as bad as he is.

• Like 2

I wished Time would have a weekend supplement coming up with a pictorial spread of all was going on inside the Capitol during the "siege." It will be something to pass down to one's grandchildren. Right up there with 9/11, not in term of deaths but of magnitude, the day US democracy was attacked and barely survived. From the other side of the world I was keeping an eye on Trump rallying outside the white house before Congress begun its electoral vote tally session, it was obvious that he was stirring the cauldron...and yet many still try to fool themselves into believing that the police was caught "unprepared."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Katipo said:

My thoughts and prayers go out to all US citizens affected by this unprecedented terrorist attack. I understand 4 of the terrorists were killed during the attack, and I hope the others are quickly brought to justice. 

1 of those diseased were a 14 year veteran with four tours during her service. 

https://www.kusi.com/kusi-news-confirms-identity-of-woman-shot-and-killed-inside-us-capitol/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

I am glad you said mostly, as the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, aka North Korea, springs to mind. As does the Lao People’s Democratic Republic. And the German Democratic Republic ( the old East Germany).

All noted for the hypocritical use of the word “democratic “ !

That's why I used the word