'It's insurrection,' Biden says, as Trump supporters storm U.S. Capitol

webfact

Just now, Puccini said:

Is it true that the counting of electoral votes will be stopped when one candidate reaches 270 votes and the name of the new president will be declared? I heard that on TV yesterday, I believe it was BBC World News.

How could that be the case if there were presidents with more than 270 votes in the past? 

A reminder to posters here and in other related threads of the forum's rules, which include:

--do not post derogatory/personal comments toward other members.

--social media content is only allowed from recognized news agency sources.

--off-topic, false and unsourced/unattributed content will be removed.

13 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:
14 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Is it true that the counting of electoral votes will be stopped when one candidate reaches 270 votes and the name of the new president will be declared? I heard that on TV yesterday, I believe it was BBC World News.

How could that be the case if there were presidents with more than 270 votes in the past? 

I believe Puccini is referring to the real time count that is still going on at the moment of my post. I JUST heard MSNBC say the count will go all the way to 306 votes.

Edited by J Town
Updated info

11 minutes ago, J Town said:

I believe Puccini is referring to the real time count that is still going on at the moment of my post. I believe so, because there isn't any reason to go any further. It's like "How pregnant can you be?" I'm sure if I'm incorrect someone will be MOST happy to show me the error of my ways. ????

Yes, it is the minimum of 270 electoral votes that are needed to win that I am referring to.

In 2016 I voted for Trump and again in 2020 (absentee and before his latest round of antics).  Glad now he lost.  He blew it when he failed to recognize COVID 19 as anything other than a new strain of flu.  Continuously failed to wear a mask (vanity I believe) and not adhere to social distancing guidelines.  On top of this he cheered the fact that 300,000 people were infected and herd immunity would begin.  His initial ideas of what needed to be done for the country were hailed by many..  But he failed miserably when the CIVID crisis began.  His more recent activities are either caused by dementia or delusions from the medications he has been taking.  Todays actions only confirm he does not need to be in a position of leading anyone, much less the government of the USA.  These actions have totally destroyed himself and the republican party for years to come.  He needs to be charged as the person who incited todays insurrection, and as an accomplice in any of todays tragedies  that ended in injury or death.  Perhaps he'll be running again in 2024 from his prison cell if he is found competent to stand trial.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Puccini said:

Yes, it is the minimum of 270 electoral votes that are needed to win that I am referring to.

I had JUST edited that post when I heard from MSNBC the count will continue until all electoral votes are counted for both Biden and 45.

Just now, J Town said:

I had JUST edited that post when I heard from MSNBC the count will continue until all electoral votes are counted for both Biden and 45.

Thank you.

I didn't stay up during the night, European time, to keep track of the number of states to whose votes objections were raised and debates of up to two hours in the separate chambers were needed. How many were they so far and how many more are expected?

5 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I found here that so far objections were raised only for Arizona and Pennsylvania.

I believe the announced intention of the Republicans was to object to the votes of six states, or was it seven?

Senators withdrew their support of the other states. So only 2 states objected. The last one, pennsylvania just finished.

All clear to certify biden after the final states votes accepted. Not long now.

Edited by Sujo

6 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I found here that so far objections were raised only for Arizona and Pennsylvania.

I believe the announced intention of the Republicans was to object to the votes of six states, or was it seven?

House Republicans did object to Nevada, Michigan, and Georgia, but they couldn't get a Senator to sign on.  The same will happen with Wisconsin.

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Senators withdrew their support of the other states. So only 2 states objected. The last one, pennsylvania just finished.

All clear to certify biden after the final states votes accepted. Not long now.

Good. 

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

So because she served four terms defending the USA from outsiders, that gives her the right to participate in an insurrection? Were the police officers supposed to know her history?

Not at all. 

The protestes crossed a line that never should have been crossed, but I just tried to point out there are stories and ordinary people behind each individual. 

It's a sad day for America and hopefully yesterdays events will clear some minds, so the country can start unite instead of divide. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J Town said:

DONE AND DONE!

The count is in, and so is Biden.

Get ready to take out the trash on 20 Jan.

Its a pity trumps twitter is down. Was looking forward to him congratulating biden and booking his seat at the inauguration.

Im joking.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sujo said:

Its a pity trumps twitter is down. Was looking forward to him congratulating biden and booking his seat at the inauguration.

Im joking.

I was looking forward to his nuclear meltdown! Both his Twitter AND Facebook accounts are locked down.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

matt gaetz contends that some/all of these dirt-bags were ANTIFA disguised as trump supporters.

For FS Matt, take responsibility for this <deleted> that you helped along. Grow some melons and admit Trump lost legitimately instead of speaking this BS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Any new trump outburst on Twitter yet since the vote count finished? 

No. As I just posted, his Twitter account as well as his Facebook account are in lockdown. Twitter has informed him he needs to remove some of his volatile posts before unlocking it, and he's facing a possible lifetime ban.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J Town said:

No. As I just posted, his Twitter account as well as his Facebook account are in lockdown. Twitter has informed him he needs to remove some of his volatile posts before unlocking it, and he's facing a possible lifetime ban.

Now he is out they will not let him get away with things. He wont last long on either of them.

What for trump tv to start, using the donations from his fighting fund.

Just now, Sujo said:

Now he is out they will not let him get away with things. He wont last long on either of them.

What for trump tv to start, using the donations from his fighting fund.

Not a tweet, he made some official statement through the White House.