I'm writing a personal letter to the owners of Chang Beer.

WineOh

On 1/6/2021 at 5:24 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

I want to know exactly why they changed their recipe, lowered the alcohol content and decided to discontinue an excellent beer.

The old Chang was great, at 6.4% ABV I believe and a lovely smooth taste.

This new stuff just doesn't cut it for me.

Too gassy, no real taste and too weak.

If the sole reason to change their product was to avoid tax (which I suspect it was) then surely they can re-release the old drink as kind of like a niche product?

There are other high percent beers available at 7/11 but they just don't taste the same.

The old Chang was my drink of choice when it was in the brown bottle.

Now I never buy it and it's a real shame ???? 

Bring back the old Chang now! 

What's your favorite beer now?

4 minutes ago, elgenon said:

What's your favorite beer now?

I havent really bothered dipping my toes i to all that IPA scene because there are just too many and too expensive. 

Edited by Liverpoolfan

1 minute ago, Liverpoolfan said:

There you have it.

the best beer in Thailand is a beer from Laos.

couldnt make it up ????

Yes! The beers I once thought were good, not so much any more.

I guess the Beer Lao folk haven' learned how to squeeze the last satang of profit out their beer. 

On 1/7/2021 at 7:09 PM, Elkski said:

I didn't travel to TH until 2016 changover has always tasted bad to me.  Just a couple bottles gave me a headache hangover. I'm an experienced homebrewer and was even offered a job at a microbrewery some 10 years ago.  If any of you have missed the epic rise in beer taste and quality in the micro brew craze of the last 10-15 years in USA you are not even remotely qualified to rate any beer. 

Ha ha, that's it then if you are not Elkski you are not permitted to comment on beer. That is an order. 

But Thai beer is not worth commenting on, drink it, forget it and do the same tomorrow. 

And those who have spent the last 10-15 years here and not been inclined to pay the price of his preferred stuff, hang your heads in shame. 

4 hours ago, rott said:

But Thai beer is not worth commenting on, drink it, forget it and do the same tomorrow. 

Also how can such crappy beer cost the same or close to beer made in USA?    Beeropoly is the only reason.  Or because they have to try so hard to make the water for brewing half decent.   If you haven't enjoyed the USA beers the last 15 years you have no idea what your missing.  Just drink that <deleted> like that's who don't know better. 

4 hours ago, Elkski said:

Also how can such crappy beer cost the same or close to beer made in USA?    Beeropoly is the only reason.  Or because they have to try so hard to make the water for brewing half decent.   If you haven't enjoyed the USA beers the last 15 years you have no idea what your missing.  Just drink that <deleted> like that's who don't know better. 

Depends on whether you're talking about beer In shops or bars. 

Below 2quid a pint is easy in Thailand outside of tourist bars.