‘Red zone’ arrivals face quarantine in Phuket

webfact

‘Red zone’ arrivals face quarantine in Phuket

By The Phuket News

1609983010_1-org.jpg

The news was announced at Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday (Jan 6), but will not come into effect until a provincial order has been issued. Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: All people arriving from any of the 28 provinces currently declared ‘red zones’ will be asked to undergo swab tests for COVID-19 and will face a 14-day quarantine after arriving on the island, Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has announced.

The new high-level precautions to prevent COVID-19 from being brought onto the island were announced at the meeting of the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee at Phuket Provincial Hall late yesterday afternoon (Jan 6).

The news was publicly posted by the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department (PR Phuket) last night.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/red-zone-arrivals-face-quarantine-in-phuket-78566.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-01-07

• Like 2

One of the comments on the Phuket News article asks exactly what I was going to say: what happens to thos people who have just completed ASQ in Bangkok and then travel to Phuket? Will the final test give them absolution or will they be deemed to have been in contact with the outside world in Bangkok and/or the airport and be required to quarantine in Phuket for a further 14 days?

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, madmitch said:

One of the comments on the Phuket News article asks exactly what I was going to say: what happens to thos people who have just completed ASQ in Bangkok and then travel to Phuket? Will the final test give them absolution or will they be deemed to have been in contact with the outside world in Bangkok and/or the airport or will they be required to quarantine in Phuket for a further 14 days?

I suspect the latter, as people may get infected on their way to Phuket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

One of the comments on the Phuket News article asks exactly what I was going to say: what happens to thos people who have just completed ASQ in Bangkok and then travel to Phuket? Will the final test give them absolution or will they be deemed to have been in contact with the outside world in Bangkok and/or the airport and be required to quarantine in Phuket for a further 14 days?

as they need pass from the Bangkok quarantine to the airport to phuket 

where they could have gotten it>

OR what about if they take the bus or drive?
so i assume yes, they need quarantine again

wont be seeing any more bangkok plated cars in Phuket

and with that, so ends domestic tourism in Phuket as most fly in from Bangkok for a few days or a long 4 day weekend

Edited by zzzzz

If arriving in Phuket by land, with the exception of entering Phuket in a car with number plates from any of the 28 provinces, how will the authorities know you have come from one of these places ? What is to stop people from lying and saying they have just come from Samui ?

Same goes for flying, if you are a resident in Bangkok you could easily access Phuket by going via an airport not listed as one of the 28 provinces, for example fly from Bkk to Chiangmai and then on to Phuket ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taxin said:

If arriving in Phuket by land, with the exception of entering Phuket in a car with number plates from any of the 28 provinces, how will the authorities know you have come from one of these places ? What is to stop people from lying and saying they have just come from Samui ?

Same goes for flying, if you are a resident in Bangkok you could easily access Phuket by going via an airport not listed as one of the 28 provinces, for example fly from Bkk to Chiangmai and then on to Phuket ?

Is there still a direct flight from CM to Phuket?

14 hours ago, madmitch said:

I saw a similar post on FB from a guy who was in quarantine 3 or 4 days to go, and was coming to phuket 

8 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

You can only quarantine in a ASQ registered hotel not one of your choice

Too bad.  I was considering going, but looks like too much trouble now.  Sad times for the Thai travel industry...

5 hours ago, taxin said:

they stop and check every car and take ur temp.  For sure they will ask where you are travelling from

Flying,  ur id, ur boarding pass
you really think someone wants to get to Phuket for a 4 day weekend will fly first to CM and than down to Phuket??  

You can only quarantine in a ASQ registered hotel not one of your choice

YOU chose your ASQ hotel, lots of options in various beaches,
unlike Cambodia where you have NO choice of which hotel you will stay 14 days

Edited by zzzzz

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm in Chonburi and had planned to visit Phuket and that part of Thailand starting around the middle of this month.  Guess that's off now....

If you are coming from a Red zone to Phuket I think the governor has said 14 days quarantine

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, zzzzz said:

they stop and check every car and take ur temp.  For sure they will ask where you are travelling from

Flying,  ur id, ur boarding pass
you really think someone wants to get to Phuket for a 4 day weekend will fly first to CM and than down to Phuket??  

YOU chose your ASQ hotel, lots of options in various beaches,
unlike Cambodia where you have NO choice of which hotel you will stay 14 days

Of course they will ask where you have traveled from, but how would they know you have come from Bkk if you tell them you have come from Samui ? OK your ID card night say Bangkok but that person may have spent the last 3 months in Samui.

No I do not think anyone from Bkk will want to visit for 4 days, but there are many people in Bkk who are considering a month or more to get away from the lock down. I know this as I own property in Phuket and I have had inquires from people in Bangkok, all were for minimum one month.

1 hour ago, taxin said:

Of course they will ask where you have traveled from, but how would they know you have come from Bkk if you tell them you have come from Samui ? OK your ID card night say Bangkok but that person may have spent the last 3 months in Samui.

No I do not think anyone from Bkk will want to visit for 4 days, but there are many people in Bkk who are considering a month or more to get away from the lock down. I know this as I own property in Phuket and I have had inquires from people in Bangkok, all were for minimum one month.

Be careful with the words..... if not they start up again with this TM thing again only for stopover night when out travelling???? Btw, for us foreigners its easy for them to check because we are supposed to have a notification of address slip in passport.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, taxin said:

i'd say 80% ++ of the "tourist" that have visited phuket in the last 6 month have visited for less than 5 days,  even during normal times it would run as high as 50%

Look at the number of flights everyday

Edited by zzzzz

4 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

i'd say 75% of the "tourist" that have visited phuket in the last 6 month have visited for less than 5 days

Look at the number of flights everyday

This thread is not about how long a tourist spends in Phuket, it is about entering Phuket and the need to quarantine should a returnee/visitor come from a covid red zone.

So back on topic. My question was, how easy would it be to lie about where you have come from ? Would they ask for proof if you were entering Phuket in a car with Bangkok number plates, but you have stated you have come from Samui ?

1 hour ago, taxin said:

This thread is not about how long a tourist spends in Phuket, it is about entering Phuket and the need to quarantine should a returnee/visitor come from a covid red zone.

So back on topic. My question was, how easy would it be to lie about where you have come from ? Would they ask for proof if you were entering Phuket in a car with Bangkok number plates, but you have stated you have come from Samui ?

After all the hype about the Moore Chaina app which now can be replaced by giving truthful info by notify the authorities with documentation/writing down your whereabouts before entering Phuket and also most likely asked to stay in home quarantine for a couple of weeks. That's what my landlord say who are in regularly meetings held by the authorities to keep businesses and service providers on the Island informed. Also heard there coming a separate quarantine location for domestic travelers/tourist  in near future!

2 hours ago, taxin said:

For a place like Phuket, the length of time a tourist spends here compared to the length of time compulsory quarantine is, really is important.