Funny stories!

jvs

We all read the tales of woe and some are funny as well but how about really

funny things that happened to you or some one you know?

I posted earlier how i watched Ann getting into the wrong pick up truck that was parked beside us.

She totally shocked the Thai man inside and herself as well.

Now she always checks before she gets in.

Imagine the story the Thai guy told to his friends?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was looking to buy a new car a few years ago.  I went to the dealer and walking around and sat in a lot of new and slightly used cars lined up on the forecourt.  I got to one very nice car, sat in the driving seat and started to play around with it.  I wondered why there were sun glasses on the dash, until the man who owned it came up and asked me what I was doing!  The idiot had parked right in the middle of the row of cars for sale. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

When i was much younger then today, i used the f*** word in annoying occasions.

As i had young kids, i tried to not use it and changed it into fuchsia, a plants name

My oldest son(then about 5 yo) said once at such an occasion: Dad , you can use shorter word, just say f***.  

OK couldnt help bursting out in laughing.

• Like 1

Some years ago a girlfriend at the time took me to a Temple ceremony where we had to slowly walk round the Temple three times.

So there we were with a whole bunch of people all slowly walking round the outside of the temple, a bit like all those Muslims doing their thing round Mecca.

The girlfriend was beside me in the crowd and I reached down to take her hand and we walked like that, hand in hand for quite a while. 

It wasn't till I turned to say something to her that I realized it was not my girl but a completely different girl. :shock1:    

My girl had been walking just behind and thought it was quite funny so didn't say anything.

Luckily the girl whose hand I had grabbed also saw the humor in the situation, so that was all alright. 

• Haha 1

I put up an electric fence around our property to keep our dog aggressive American bulldogs in the yard the wife says can I touch it,I said sure but I don’t recommend it,she touched it got zapped now she tells her friends i made her touch it (on the bright side she’s a quick learner)

17 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

A Thai lady in the UK for the first time said " oh, look, the Moon looks the same as ours ! 

A friend of mine told his gardener,the sun is very hot here.

The gardener said"of course,Thai sun!

• Haha 1

My ex wife was from Wuhan and after a few years living there, about 20 years ago, we moved to the UK.

The first day we went into my local home town for shopping and I pressed the button at the pedestrian crossing and the traffic stopped at the red light to let us cross. "Did you just stop the traffic!?" she says in amazement. The novelty never wore off, she loved stopping the traffic, even sometimes when she had no intention of crossing.

While in Wuhan I used to rant about all the spitting in public, proudly stating thet this never happens in Scotland. In the first week walking along the high st, and old drunk worthy staggered out the pub, hawking up and gobbed on the pavement in front of us. She just pointed and laughed at me, no words needed.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:31 PM, jvs said:

We all read the tales of woe and some are funny as well but how about really

funny things that happened to you or some one you know?

I posted earlier how i watched Ann getting into the wrong pick up truck that was parked beside us.

She totally shocked the Thai man inside and herself as well.

Now she always checks before she gets in.

Imagine the story the Thai guy told to his friends?

Who is ANN?

On 1/11/2021 at 1:40 PM, KannikaP said:

I would have a better idea of whom you were referring to.

Mt local pub put an ad in the paper for a handy-man. A young bloke applied and the manager asked him he was any good at painting.?? no..plumbing..no carpentry..no what about gardening ?? no..The manager said well why the hell did you apply for the job?? He replied ..I live just around the corner from the pub.