Thailand Sold Itself as a Paradise Covid Retreat. No One Came

rooster59

2 hours ago, sambum said:

Really? 300 baht on top of the rest of the expense of the holiday "tipped you over the edge"?

I am living here on a pension, and certainly not rich by any means, but come on, you changed your mind on a holiday because the price increased by the equivalent of the price of a taxi ride to your hotel?

You really must be living on a shoestring!

Uuumm, don't think you get it. What about if they charged you 300 baht for everyday you stayed in Thailand, would that be acceptable? There has to be a point where we have to say enough is enough. The problem with the UK is that we've lost our backbone. We just roll over and accept everything. If people didn't go then they wouldn't charge it. Oh, and by the way, I retired at 41.

38 minutes ago, tandor said:

What!...have a look around you..every market here has wildlife, crustaceans from the jungles, fields etc, the same bat genre, the same herons and cranes that carry the bird flu viruses. Thailand is very compliant but have done very little testing..go figure!

I'm very interested by the markets you visit, please inform me of these locations.

2 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

That is an appointment card for the 2nd jab so the old people know what date to go back.

You also get a similar card for a dental appointment..........its called an appointment card

This is all it is........... you can make up and print your own............ if you really think this piece of cardboard is going to make you able to travel the world................  ????????????????????????????????????

1.jpg

1 minute ago, RR2020 said:

That is an appointment card for the 2nd jab so the old people know what date to go back.

You also get a similar card for a dental appointment..........its called an appointment card

Yes, it doubles as that, but when the second jab is done, you have your NHS-issued proof.

The question is, whether / when the Embassy will accept that in order to issue a visa without the other requirements

Just now, RR2020 said:

This is all it is........... you can make up and print your own............ if you really think this piece of cardboard is going to make you able to travel the world................  ????????????????????????????????????

1.jpg

It basically says.......... Hey old person over 70........your forgetful.........please dont forget you have to go back for 2nd jab on this date..........

????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RR2020 said:

It basically says.......... Hey old person over 70........your forgetful.........please dont forget you have to go back for 2nd jab on this date..........

????????????????????????????

Wait and see......

1 minute ago, VBF said:

Yes, it doubles as that, but when the second jab is done, you have your NHS-issued proof.

The question is, whether / when the Embassy will accept that in order to issue a visa without the other requirements

NHS issued proof ???????????

NO

Its a piece of cardboard thats written in by hand.

You want one ? Easy..........fill it in yourself...........job done !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Talking about negative posters, there is one who is giving out saddo emoticans to everyone, all the time, nobody escapes him. Regular posters will know who I am talking about.

If that bothers anyone, it says more about them than the "negative poster". Same for those that keep a beady eye on their reputation points.

• Haha 2

Well, I missed my yearly visit from where I live here in Nepal (close enough to walk), and I really miss the beach... so bad. But I would never come to stay locked up, even for a day. That's not the point. Amazing how tourism boards can't figure that out. And  if I where a local, I would not want to see tourists walking around drunk and maskless near my home. 

Edited by StrandedBusinessPerson

12 minutes ago, lkv said:

It seems the almost bankrupt businesses in the tourism industry care.

You said "plenty will pay". 300 arrivals a month or whatever is not "plenty".

You are not to smart. Other countries blocked travel only special exemptions But with vaccine things will change. And lm sure China will be on its way. Along with others. They don't care about cheap tourists 

13 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

No passport details on it.

No name.

No address.......

It is nothing but an "Appointment Card".

Name is there IF YOU LOOK AT THE TOP, plus batch number and date vax GIVEN

As I said...wait and see.

Edited by VBF

They deliberately locked out those on retirement exts who had return tickets so som nom na thailand.

Sorry if this has been already stated here but we are talking about those who travel a couple of times a year and spend above average are not in the over 65 group sorry but that is the higher risk group

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tomyami said:

They deliberately locked out those on retirement exts who had return tickets so som nom na thailand.

Sorry if this has been already stated here but we are talking about those who travel a couple of times a year and spend above average are not in the over 65 group sorry but that is the higher risk group

Disagree - that describes me to a "tee" - 65 and inveterate traveller - when I can.

All the so called hiso's in Europe, and many others not so hiso, have fled to Dubai for Christmas/NY, then some onwards to Maldives, so I guess they were not too excited about the Thai Government's generous invitation to quarantine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dart12 said:

Funny. In the past 2 years this is not considered 'systemic racism"  when smart people create standardized tests to measure intelligence.

A bit off topic, but......

Firstly, no question should be off-limits to science.

Secondly, it's believed that energy is diverted from brain development to fight disease, which is why most of the lower ranked countries are tropical and have many endemic diseases like Malaria.

I'm sure this isn't the only reason, but, it sounds like a plausible factor.

13 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

A bit off topic, but......

Firstly, no question should be off-limits to science.

Secondly, it's believed that energy is diverted from brain development to fight disease, which is why most of the lower ranked countries are tropical and have many endemic diseases like Malaria.

I'm sure this isn't the only reason, but, it sounds like a plausible factor.

whoops, you got to my comment before fixing NOT to NOW.