Thailand Sold Itself as a Paradise Covid Retreat. No One Came

rooster59

2 hours ago, RR2020 said:

The UK has now vaccinated over what......3 million now ?

Zero vaccination certificates issued.

Zero apps.

All over the world vaccination has commenced..........tens of millions of people.  And no vaccination certificates have been issued.

Can you not get that into your heads........all you "vaccination certificate" freaks.

Not correct, those people's medical records, including vaccinations, are stored in the hospital/doctor's records. So if/when they need proof of vaccination they can get it easy.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Get it through your heads, NOBODY wants to sit in a quarantine hotel for two weeks!

However  that said .

There are some farlangs , who are prepared to suffer this indignity ..

So sad , no self pride ..

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'm not surprised that they couldn't attract the millions they dreamed about, but I would have imagined that there might be 10,000 to 30,000 who fit the profile and don't mind wasting two weeks in quarantine.

If only they hadn't banned booze in quarantine!

They don’t check your bags...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, koolkarl said:

Paradise. With aqi through the entire country at hazardous levels today, hardly paradise, more like purgatory.

It takes about 10 years to properly develop a vaccine, if ever. I seriously doubt that a safe, effective vaccine exists today.

Norway just announced that the Pfizer vaccine should not be administered to seniors. I wouldn't trust it.

The covid insurance is another racket. I personally know 3 filipinas, who are teachers in Thailand, arranged covid insurance

with Pacific Cross. They tested positive upon arrival in Bangkok and  were hospitalized.  Pacific Cross either didn't pay or

paid 50% max. These girls had no money.  All covid bills should be sent to communist China.

As far as I am concerned, Thailand is finished as a tourist destination.  There are a number of other countries one can enter

and stay without all the onerous and expensive requirements of this Thai gov.

I’m from Norway, reading 7 newspapers every day, and haven’t heard anything about this....

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Bears repeating.

Can you believe they had this brilliant idea that they would have live bands you could watch from your balcony?  I mean really, that awful music playing boom boom boom in your room while you're trapped?  

The most idiotic idea I have ever heard of in my life.  

And it all went downhill from there.  

Don't forget, they also gave you the DIY kit to keep you occupied,  ????????????

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, koolkarl said:

As far as I am concerned, Thailand is finished as a tourist destination.  There are a number of other countries one can enter

and stay without all the onerous and expensive requirements of this Thai gov.

Will be interesting to see comparisons of tourist numbers in the various SE Asia countries now and over the coming months. Perhaps if the Thai authorities see Vietnam tourism racing ahead, they'll make some rapid changes to entry / quarantine requirements for Thailand. Or maybe not...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Oh not it isnt........ its an appointment card !!!!!

The new vaccination card is not a ‘Covid passport’ - Full Fact

As I said (again), wait and see - that article is now a month old, so revision is (IMO) likely.

And as @TSF said  "Not correct, those people's medical records, including vaccinations, are stored in the hospital/doctor's records. So if/when they need proof of vaccination they can get it easy."

Don't forget that this is (still) a largely unprecedented situation. When I get called, I'm going to take my Yellow / Blue book and ASK for the vac to be logged. If not, it will probably be shown on one's NHS Health Record - here's a screenshot of part of mine:

Immunisations

14 November 2020 10:59 am

Administration of first inactivated seasonal influenza vaccination

4 hours ago, mike1967 said:

Uuumm, don't think you get it. What about if they charged you 300 baht for everyday you stayed in Thailand, would that be acceptable? There has to be a point where we have to say enough is enough. The problem with the UK is that we've lost our backbone. We just roll over and accept everything. If people didn't go then they wouldn't charge it. Oh, and by the way, I retired at 41.

Sorry, I think I do get it and I agree with what you say re there being a point where enough is enough.

What I am saying is that it would take more to tip me over the edge than a 300 baht "surcharge". Being "invited" to stay in an overpriced ASQ hotel would be more likely to do it - or having to pay a Thai company  for unnecessary additional Covid insurance would also do it.

The trouble with the Thai mindset is that they don't seem to consider the effect that some of their half baked ideas have - they think of the immediate profit available from current visitors without  considering the profit that they could have  tomorrow from more visitors if their plans/ideas were more "visitor friendly".