New Ting Tong Bar Burns Down!

Ive been informed that today,the new ting tong bar on the ghost road ,50 yrds from the old ting tong,in bang rak ...has been burnt to the ground......apparent mayhem,as firefighters struggled to control the blaze......it caused kaos with the busy morning traffic...does anyone know more about the incident?...arson or accident..... :o

Oh no! Ting Tong s one of my favourite places to go when I'm in Samui. Please, does anyone have any details?

Don't cry Suegha.I'll have a look for you.

Oh no! Ting Tong s one of my favourite places to go when I'm in Samui. Please, does anyone have any details?

Initial info I have is that it was an electrical fire which started around 7AM Friday.

Great shame as they have only just moved in. Some of the best food on the island.

I hope that they get back in business soon.

Gatorade

Initial info I have is that it was an electrical fire which started around 7AM Friday.

Great shame as they have only just moved in. Some of the best food on the island.

I hope that they get back in business soon.

Gatorade

Correction ...Thurs 7AM

Could have been electrical, could have been a smouldering cigarette, back half of the bar is torched, hopefully it will get fixed and they will open again soon. There may be a bit of a bash somewhere next weekend to try and get a couple of quid together to start the repairs. P Gaew is the sort of person who would help anyone out and deserves a bit of help herself.

Could have been electrical, could have been a smouldering cigarette, back half of the bar is torched, hopefully it will get fixed and they will open again soon. There may be a bit of a bash somewhere next weekend to try and get a couple of quid together to start the repairs. P Gaew is the sort of person who would help anyone out and deserves a bit of help herself.

Could also be an inusurance case.....

Let us know Justinnsamui.Rise from the ashes The New New Ting Tong bar.

With you on that and will try to help!

surely the famous health and saftey people in thailand would not have let it be built if it was a fire hazard. that remindes me i must by my workers some health and saftey sandles and baseball caps for my building site

surely the famous health and saftey people in thailand would not have let it be built if it was a fire hazard. that remindes me i must by my workers some health and saftey sandles and baseball caps for my building site

Having a bad day or what ? Your comments and spelling s..x BIG time :o

what are you the spelling police. what do u mean i was being siacastic. i know that word was probably spelt wrong. in a suttle way i was saying that thailand has no health and safety harly suprising to see a few fire accidents. when in england they go over the top on health and safety if they had thier way they would force u to have a fire extigusher up your ar++se.

my spelling is bad becuase i not want ot spell check i want to post fast and get on with my next big C comment.

what are you the spelling police. what do u mean i was being siacastic. i know that word was probably spelt wrong. in a suttle way i was saying that thailand has no health and safety harly suprising to see a few fire accidents. when in england they go over the top on health and safety if they had thier way they would force u to have a fire extigusher up your ar++se.

my spelling is bad becuase i not want ot spell check i want to post fast and get on with my next big C comment.

Keep going ! :o

Well, many of your posts are incomprehensible. If you are trying to communicate you are failing because I would think that alot of people would have difficulty deciphering many of your posts. Get the firefox web browser and it will underline in red your spelling mistakes as you type them :o

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Do you really think they had insurance? Many businesses here don't.

thats the point i am making. i don't know if there is a word in thai for health and saftey.

speellllllling raaaar i am a lion. and losing it raaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i am crackerd :o

Not trying to be rude, but is it normal to ask customers for donations to re-build your place ?

No harm in asking.

I should imagine that a gas bottle exploding would be as a result of the fire,

rather than the cause.

Here we are:-

Not trying to be rude, but is it normal to ask customers for donations to re-build your place ?

What's wrong with a donation? It's a free BBQ!. If your that tight don't go.

I think Gaew and her staff deserve better than half-assed comments such as yours.

I think Gaew and her staff deserve better than half-assed comments such as yours.

I agree Gator, I am sure she will be up and running again soon.

I was asking a normal question, if you can't give a normal answer, better keep your full-assed comments for yourself.......better donate to buy a proper insurance cover.....that would make sense....

Look at it as a donation for the free BBQ. Gaew has hosted free BBQs many times for staff and regulars' birthdays, and other occasions. She doesn't skimp on the chow either.

Insurance on Samui? Wonder if you could even collect on a claim if you did have it.

Don't see anything wrong with asking for donations in this case,never been to the bar before,but i hear they do great food and have a large amount of regular farang and thai customers who i would think appreciate the effort the owners put in to there business,i think this is the 3rd Ting Tong bar to have been in Bangrak,just shows what there customers think if they continue to support them,if my local drinking den got burnt down i would chip in to get something sorted,many bars do some sort of things to keep customers happy (quiz nights,BBQs,pool comps etc)it is fund raising in a way.Good luck to them anyway.

I was asking a normal question, if you can't give a normal answer, better keep your full-assed comments for yourself.......better donate to buy a proper insurance cover.....that would make sense....

Guess you won't be going then........!