Analysis - Trump's legacy: A more divided America, a more unsettled world

webfact

3 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

So grown ups in the WH have dragged the USD down since November 4.  You think that’s a good thing?  I’d prefer the Baht/USD back to 31.xx to today’s 29.xx.

Biden hasn't had a full week in office. Can you just give him a chance? There is no immediate cause/effect to his actions, he doesn't even have a full cabinet yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

So grown ups in the WH have dragged the USD down since November 4.  You think that’s a good thing?  I’d prefer the Baht/USD back to 31.xx to today’s 29.xx.

Well then you have to made up your mind whether you want the $1,400 stimulus or not. Trump has made the stimulus necessary and will cause USD to drop further. 

34 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Well then you have to made up your mind whether you want the $1,400 stimulus or not. Trump has made the stimulus necessary and will cause USD to drop further. 

Nonsense.  Since November 4, the USD has sunk to 29.xx as of today, vs the Baht.  Biden didn’t do it.  Trump didn’t do it.  Currency traders did it.  They look at projected spending and stimulus checks, and drop the USD.  With Keystone pipeline gutted, and more stimulus promised—things don’t look so good for the Dollar.  And I think China has made the stimulus checks necessary.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Yet the S&P 500 has gone up significantly since the election.  Apparently investors like what Biden has planned, or like having Trump out of office.

Sure, the S&P 500 up recently. And it has helped my portfolio for sure. But that’s cold comfort to Americans living in Thailand on a fixed income, when the Baht skyrockets to 29.97, close to a 7-year high.  Many struggle now to meet visa requirements. And with more deficit spending planned in this administration, things will get tougher in Thailand for Americans.  Social Security up 1.3&, but the Baht up far more than that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah I'm sure that would be a popular political policy. We're going to hold back on emergency pandemic relief because we're worried about the exchange rate impact on Americans living abroad. Face it, expats are super low priority under any and all administrations. Such complaints are particularly amusing when coming from the "America first" isolationist brigade.

Enjoy the overpriced Baht.  I hope you live in Thailand with a fixed income from Social Security—only.  And the demise of Thai exports will also amuse and entertain you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Enjoy the overpriced Baht.  I hope you live in Thailand with a fixed income from Social Security—only.  And the demise of Thai exports will also amuse and entertain you.

A lot of damage has been done the price of recovery will hurt all of us I’m sorry for people who have only social security to support them perhaps they should have made better decisions during their working years hopefully the dollar will strengthen in the future hang in there 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tug said:

A lot of damage has been done the price of recovery will hurt all of us I’m sorry for people who have only social security to support them perhaps they should have made better decisions during their working years hopefully the dollar will strengthen in the future hang in there 

Planning for negative exchange rate fluctuations is part of the deal that we signed up for when moving abroad. Sure its sad that many people will get hurt, perhaps forced out because they can no longer qualify for extensions etc. I suppose there is always repatriation or moving to a dollarized country like Ecuador. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Sure, the S&P 500 up recently. And it has helped my portfolio for sure. But that’s cold comfort to Americans living in Thailand on a fixed income, when the Baht skyrockets to 29.97, close to a 7-year high.  Many struggle now to meet visa requirements. And with more deficit spending planned in this administration, things will get tougher in Thailand for Americans.  Social Security up 1.3&, but the Baht up far more than that.

America first.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

So you wish ill on a TV member?

26 minutes ago, Nout said:

The power elite in hand with mass media were opposed to him even before he won the election. Between them they shaped the mindset of the sheep. But Trump did not create division. He recognised and acknowledged the divisions that existed created by neo Marxism, wokism, critical race theory, intersectionalist theory, anti white rhetoric, anti male hate...he did not create these divisions: The left did which in its current manifestation seek the destruction of America and American values.

" There was one thing Obama, to his credit, did understand very well: how a mix of celebrity, xenophobia, and paranoia might prove a winning formula for a hostile takeover of American democracy, perhaps even putting an end to the liberal order of which he himself is a product." "What I knew was that he was a spectacle, and in the United States of America in 2011, that was a form of power. Trump trafficked in a currency that, however shallow, seemed to gain more purchase with each passing day,” Obama writes. “Far from being ostracized for the conspiracies he’d peddled, he in fact had never been bigger.”

Obama Book Explains How Birtherism Made Donald Trump (theintercept.com)

Ce projet, initié en 2016 par Barack Obama, avait été suspendu par l’administration Trump.

Edited by Opl
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nout said:

The power elite in hand with mass media were opposed to him even before he won the election. Between them they shaped the mindset of the sheep. But Trump did not create division. He recognised and acknowledged the divisions that existed created by neo Marxism, wokism, critical race theory, intersectionalist theory, anti white rhetoric, anti male hate...he did not create these divisions: The left did which in its current manifestation seek the destruction of America and American values.

In hindsight they were right to go against him considering the condirion the US is in now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1