Analysis - Trump's legacy: A more divided America, a more unsettled world

webfact

I think some people took advantage of the protests about the killing of George Floyd to commit illegal acts.  I don't think anyone was attempting to overthrow the US government during these protests.

I also think that your CNN comment shows that you are one of those people who think news only comes from TV.  You should broaden your horizons. 

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, nausea said:

The big question is are we looking at closure and a new beginning, or more of the same. Mainstream media's failure to address the real concerns of c. half the population does not bode well.

Why don't you explain what the "real concerns of c. half the population" are?

If it has to do with the gullible belief in the lies of Trump, I don't see what mainstream media can do about it.

• Like 2

"One particularly disturbing incident was recounted by Reuters photographer Jim Bourg, who said that he heard at least three different rioters say that they were hoping to find U.S. Vice President Mike Pence and hang him as a traitor"

"Bourg was not the only one to witness such threats. In fact, a viral video clip showed several members of this mob chanting “hang Mike Pence”"   https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hang-mike-pence-chant-capitol-riot/

Edited by onthedarkside
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, bob999999 said:

History will show the truth - being what the real facts are as interpreted by a rational person.

But I do deny that what you have said is completely wrong and irrational.

I agree history will show what a traitor to Constitutional government Trump is. 

Why don't you specifically and rationally identify the part of my post that is wrong and irrational?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, heybruce said:

And in Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar", Mark Anthony told the Roman mob he came "to bury Cesar, not to praise him."  Then he whipped the mob into such a frenzy they burned the Senate building.  No doubt you think he was completely innocent in this.

Trump also told the mob "...they rigged an election. They rigged it like they’ve never rigged an election before.", "We will stop the steal.", "we’re going to have to fight much harder.", "you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated." and on and on.   https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-01-13/transcript-of-trumps-speech-at-rally-before-us-capitol-riot

If you don't think these were fighting words designed to provoke the mob, you are definitely in denial.

If there were any doubt as to what Trump wanted the mob to do, Trump removed it when he refused to authorize bringing in the National Guard after the Capitol police were overwhelmed

"After a mob of his supporters broke into the Capitol building on Wednesday, President Donald Trump was initially hesitant to deploy the National Guard to respond, CNN and the New York Times reported, leaving Vice President Mike Pence to make the call while Trump continued to complain on Twitter about his electoral loss."  https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/01/06/reports-trump-resisted-sending-national-guard-to-quell-violent-mob-at-us-capitol/?sh=64ab03341e18

Trump attempted to stay in office through insurrection and the overthrow of the government.  He needs to be convicted.

Fake News.   Trump invented that saying.  Dont you know what Fake News is??

Several days before the protests the Capitol Police/Security were offered National Guard support - they rejected that offer.

That is why the Chief resigned after what happened.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Do you have any evidence that Trump 'instructed' anyone to commit violence??

Let it go. Trump is not that bad. Yes you hate him for beating Hillary. But let it go.

Edited by onthedarkside
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

That was not your assertion at the start of this exchange.  Or maybe you forgot what you wrote:

But you think BLM and Antifa have been civil in their protests?

Because CNN told you so??

Both sides have been wrong, Both sides have caused violence, Both sides have been wrong.

But both sides are not condemned by the media.

I do not think anyone has claimed in subsequent posts that Trump told anyone to do that.  But just like your Dear Leader, obfuscation, deflection and diversion is the order of the day when you try to subvert facts with noise.

PH

Yes they are. Read them all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Nope.  Read them all and nope again.  Several have (correctly)pointed out that Trump incited the crowd.  No-one (unless I am very much mistake, in which case I am sure you can point the offending post out to me)  has said Trump told anyone to commit murder.

PH

"Several have (correctly)pointed out that Trump incited the crowd." 

Is your opinion - that is a Fact.

A Trump supporter was shot and killed - Fact.

I did not accuse any Dem of inciting that violence - Fact.

Trump did not incite his supporters to invade the Capital building - Fact.

Your 'TV Friends' are accusing Trump of inciting that violence - Fact.

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1