Analysis - Trump's legacy: A more divided America, a more unsettled world

webfact

6 hours ago, kingdong said:

So the the "science" at the time was...we basically haven,t got a clue,lets  see how it transpires,then we,ll know more, and everyone in my post ,was  referring to the members who posted on the subject,a point i thought would have been obvious,obviously a bit optimistic there.

No, the science at the time was to apply knowledge about corona viruses in general to the Covid 19 strain while learning about the specifics of transmission and treatment of Covid 19. 

The rest of your post makes no sense.  Try again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

One of the first things President Biden has done is sign an executive order masks must be worn in all Federal offices and facilities. He has also mandated 14 days quarantine for all incoming international travelers. One can only wonder how many lives might have saved if Trump had followed the same sensible path.

14 day quarantine. Wonder where joseph got that idea. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The Swedes took a gamble that a low percentage of the population being infected would get them to herd immunity. Most scientists disagreed with that assessment and it turns out that they were right.

The Swedes, though are largely a responsible lot, who took the advise of ther Government seriously.  They did have some restrictions (contrary to popular myth that they carried on regardless) and also have a very well developed, funded and staffed health system that had flexibility and capacity to treat  many.  It is sad for them that the experiment failed somewhat, but possibly very good for less sensible nations, the inhabitants of which cannot point at Sweden and say "Look, it;s fine, we can do what we want."  Just look at the UK, where the NHS is close to collapse despite lockdowns and other severe restrictions..

PH

• Like 2

Americans always get what they want, don't they? Ronald Reagan was a B-movie actor foil to a chimpanzee. There was a peanut farmer, a Texas hick, and a Constitutional scholar who eviscerated that foundation.

And then a reality TV star, a tricky dealer who inherited his dealings from Daddy. The common thread through all, in terms of a world which does not pivot around the USA?

Warmongers, bullies, and wannabes every one. OJ (Old Joe) is unlikely to change that status quo.

War on Drugs to War on Terror to War on China, red herrings all.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Really?  Why not provide links to some of the claims that the Sweden experiment was great so we can look at what else was posted at that time?

Have already adressed your deflecIon point in an earlier post,so perhaps you could please supply links to your post.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No, you made a claim that was refuted.  You never supported your claim, but you are now asking for sources to support the refutations.

?????? I simply asked you for a link to your claims,a simple civil request that you for whatever reason refuse to acknowledge instead deflecting,i did go back thru my posts but think someone must have reported it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No, you made a claim that was refuted.  You never supported your claim, but you are now asking for sources to support the refutations.

I take back what i said,i was conversing with another member ( who did not reply) and you chimed in asking for a link regarding a post i made days ago,i,m sure if the original poster would like to address what i said thats up to him,your contribution however was 3 rd party deflection.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, placeholder said:

"Everyone?" On the contrary, it was mainly people who downplayed the seriousness of the threat and the uselessness of masks and social distancing.  Hmmm...what sort of person fits that description? What is his or her usual brand of political opinion? That's a real stumper.

How about anyone in the hospitality buisness,anyone in the retail buisness,shops as opposed to online,theatres,restaurants and every one whos income stopped or was severely diminished by covid these were the " everyone " people i was referring too,said in context it was obvious to whom i was referring,so all these people are trump supporters?

Edited by kingdong
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1