'We must end this uncivil war,' Biden says, taking over a U.S. in crisis

webfact

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I think we may have got our wires crossed at some point, looks like one of us switched from "Trump's supporters" to "Trump Supporters".

So, if someone said "I saw Trump's supporters at a rally", knowing it would be impossible we would no doubt question it "Trump's supporters?  Do you mean Trump supporters?", because of the implication from saying "Trump's supporters" is that we are talking about all of them as a whole.

Does that clear it up for you?

As I said, if you want unity, you have to stop labelling all Trump supporters as being the same as the tiny minority that stormed the Capitol Building.  That should be your takeaway here.

You would have to believe that somebody reading that comment would be so clueless as to think that the 75 million people who voted for Trump had stormed the Capitol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

You think 75 million people marched on the capitol?  Thanks for proving my point.

You are repeatedly using specious argument. 

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

Certainly not because Trump is vindictive and vengeful. And if you don't believe me, I'm sure Jeff Bezos would back me up in that.

I'm more likely to believe you than Bezos. ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Yes, the truth.  And I believe more truth will come out regarding what Trump had been up to.  For example, this new article discussed the pressure Trump was putting on his own DOJ to support his fake election fraud claims.  America is fortunate that the DOJ resisted to the end....

[Former President Donald Trump reportedly pressured the Justice Department to sign onto his “big lie” election fraud conspiracies after Bill Barr resigned and considered firing the replacement, acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, when he refused Trump’s repeated entreaties.]

[This pressure began the day after Barr resigned, the Times reports. On December 15th, Trump summoned Rosen to the White House and wasted no time in pushing him to have the DOJ sign onto his legal team’s baseless claims.]

[Only after a final, tense showdown on the weekend after New Year’s Day, in which DOJ officials again rebuffed the president and threatened to resign en masse, did Trump relent on his drive to use the Justice Department to somehow overturn the 2020 election.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nyt-bombshell-trump-repeatedly-pressured-doj-to-back-election-fraud-conspiracies-considered-firing-acting-ag-after-he-wouldn-t-comply/ar-BB1d0KR9?li=BB141NW3

Obviously the DOJ was not his. If all of the truth comes out that's great. 

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

They fell for the lies by Trump and his enablers, amplified by right wing media outlets.  Easy.  But not very smart people to think this.  That's been proven.  Other than the politicians who are using this fake news for political gain.  Taking advantage of a susceptible group.

What has been proven?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

It is about intentionally false statements. Calling Covid pandemic a hoax, saying voting machines were programmed to exclude votes, that  election officials dumped ballots etc. I recall the claims of the imagined secret cyber watermarking of ballots that would be exposed. How about when people like Alex Jones call Sandy Hook massacre of  children a hoax and when exposed say it is just an act for business? What about the false claims that President Obama was not a US national? No one takes responsibility/ ownership for their words. The example is Trump who incites violence and then says, not my fault and throws everyone away?

No chance of similar propaganda from the other side then?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

If they want unity, they need to drop the "all Trump supporters are literal Nazis and deserve to be physically assaulted" <deleted>.  There are left-wingers who are talking about making lists of anyone who cooperated with Trump and punishing them in some way.  It's insane.

Trump got nearly half the votes.  Around 75 million people.  Not all conservatives are Trump supporters, obviously very few Trump supporters are actually White Nationalists or Nazis, but they're still trying to paint them all with a very broad brush, and this appears to come from a very angry and hateful place.

The way they are talking, you would think those 75 million Americans were all in the Capitol Building, rather than just a few nut cases.

There's way too much hatred and anger coming from the left for any sort of unity to emerge.  They would have to accept that the people they are trying to call out are a tiny minority, but that simply isn't part of their narrative.

Ah, a bit of balance. Thanks.

Edited by nauseus
of
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

What has been proven?

That far right media lies about trump and the dems and his supporters believe it.

Notice now those being charged are blaming trump for misleading them.

Oh the winds of change. 4 years of believing alternative facts came home to roost. The elevator doesnt go all the way to the top for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sujo said:

No, facts dont lie. Thats why fox stopped talking about the machines and apologized after threats of legal action.

So instead of asking, do your own research and post it.

That was not answer to my question. Why did you bring up 'machines'?

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Sujo said:

If white supremists and nazis follow your man then it is you that has issues.

What man?

My reply concerned a post commenting the best path for unity, which is also what Biden was talking about straight away at his inauguration. What your issue with that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course you don't.  You're biased and cannot see what you are doing.  I'm sure if you realised, you might not be doing it.

I hope that at some point the left manages to clear their hearts of the hatred they feel for anyone who disagrees with them, realises they don't have the moral high-ground, and starts to rebuild themselves.

Sorry.  I will never clear my heart of hatred for a President who calls the press the enemy of the people or of contempt for fools that believe him. 

Undermining the free press undermines democracy and a free society more than storming the Capitol building.

Do you know the actual figure?  How many actually broke the law and entered the building?

If you read the news and social media, they report it like all Trump supporters are White Nationalist Nazi terrorists.

That isn't the road to unity.

Give us an example of a mainstream media source stating or implying that all Trump supporters are White Nationalist Nazi terrorists.

I think you can't provide one because you don't follow mainstream media; I think you just believe what right wing media tells you about mainstream media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1