Marks and Spencer gone

champers

5 minutes ago, champers said:

In Central Festival on the basement floor; a new store selling beauty products is being readied in its place. A fond reminder of home for many Brits though prices here were prohibitively high for many. They did sell the best Jaffa cakes in Pattaya. 

Yep,

Went there before Christmas to see if they were stocking Christmas Crackers - but it had been shut down

Wasn't going to go to Bangkok just for those

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Siamburi's have had them in the past.

Not seen them recently. McVitie's, and they went like hot cakes.:biggrin: 

Not a patch on M&S ones.

I think McVities have a factory in Singapore; I do like their digestives, Rich Tea and Ginger Nuts. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Oink said:

Marks and Spencer has gone................to the Third Floor.

Larger shop area. You may find it if you can get past the food floor. Yes they do still sell food!

You mean M&S here do? It is actually what they do well in the UK!

Edited by jacko45k

6 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Never mind Jaffa cakes, I'm waiting for Siamburi's to get their next shipment of Warburton's crumpets.

Just a thought - do M&S do crumpets here?

No idea , but up until the bars closing  there was plenty around Soi Cowboy.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Oink said:

Marks and Spencer has gone................to the Third Floor.

Larger shop area. You may find it if you can get past the food floor. Yes they do still sell food!

In Pattaya, M&S have actually been relocated to 2nd Floor WITHIN Central Dept. store!   They are still stocking 'Long-Life' foods, as previously!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I like their new (I think) boxes of mini digestives which I get in my local Tesco Lotus.

I used to buy the mini digestive biscuits at my local 7/11 in rural Kamphaeng Phet, until they ran out and never restocked.

I tried some of the chocolate digestives which if kept in the fridge had to be chiseled apart or kept outside the fridge ended up as a sticky mass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I used to buy the mini digestive biscuits at my local 7/11 in rural Kamphaeng Phet, until they ran out and never restocked.

I tried some of the chocolate digestives which if kept in the fridge had to be chiseled apart or kept outside the fridge ended up as a sticky mass.

I think that happens to them when they melt a bit on the way back from the shop (I mean the stuck together issue) the solution is to get back as quick as possible, so not to buy them during a big shop.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 9:27 PM, champers said:

In Central Festival on the basement floor; a new store selling beauty products is being readied in its place. A fond reminder of home for many Brits though prices here were prohibitively high for many. They did sell the best Jaffa cakes in Pattaya. 

It's moved. It was open during Christmas week when I was there.

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

Big C has them, at least in Pattaya they do.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Always remember when we lived in the UK our son loved his M and S underpants ,living here in Pattaya ,as he got older ,he would not  buy them as they were about 4 times the price ,silly money ,mind you the quality of M and S stuff was always good .

Yep, underwear was good, some men's suits etc not bad at all, serviceable for work.  Then I went back to the UK  2 years  ago and I was shocked by the lack of choice and the quality and that was in their Victoria store in London.  They have really gone downhill in everything but their food.   Mind you, I did stock up on underwear.  Good ness only knows what happens when they wear out,  as a small mouse couldn't get its tackle into Thai  XL underwear.  

43 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Yep, underwear was good, some men's suits etc not bad at all, serviceable for work.  Then I went back to the UK  2 years  ago and I was shocked by the lack of choice and the quality and that was in their Victoria store in London.  They have really gone downhill in everything but their food.   Mind you, I did stock up on underwear.  Good ness only knows what happens when they wear out,  as a small mouse couldn't get its tackle into Thai  XL underwear.  

Many people comment in the decline in quality of M&S undies. Perhaps it dates back to moving the factories out of the UK to Asia during the 90s.

• Like 2