Buy a new Honda Click 125 in Pattaya - Suggestions?

aldriglikvid

Hi, 

I'm looking to buy a new Honda Click 125 and I would like to purchase a new one. I'm not looking to bargain but I'm looking to get a fair and correct price. Where would you advice me to go? 

What papers do I need to bring except my local license? Anything with the good ol' immigration, I guess? 

A small follow up, if I may: any particular vehicle insurance you could advice me on? 

Yes, I'm a novice. Yes, it's probably stupid to buy a new bike - but here we go ???? (please, I know it's well intended - but lets not make a thread about how I should buy a second-hand bike instead. Bless). 

Passport as Proof of ID & Proof of address to have the bike registered in your name.

(Yellow house book, Affirmation of Residence letter from Embassy or Proof of Residence letter from Immigration).

Prices are probably quite fixed - to get an idea go to a couple of different shops. 

The shop will sell you insurance, its not expensive. 

There are different types of insurance: Compulsory is a must (you will have to have this) 

Also, you can take out additional accident insurance (covers the cost of repairs to your bike if another vehicle has no compulsory insurance or if the accident is your fault), also theft insurance is separate. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 9:16 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Passport as Proof of ID & Proof of address to have the bike registered in your name.

(Yellow house book, Affirmation of Residence letter from Embassy or Proof of Residence letter from Immigration).

Prices are probably quite fixed - to get an idea go to a couple of different shops. 

The shop will sell you insurance, its not expensive. 

There are different types of insurance: Compulsory is a must (you will have to have this) 

Also, you can take out additional accident insurance (covers the cost of repairs to your bike if another vehicle has no compulsory insurance or if the accident is your fault), also theft insurance is separate. 

Excellent, thanks! 

My first month in Thailand will be in a hotel-stay (as I do the ground-game to find me a long term condo). Meaning, I doubt immigration will issue me a letter of residence (I think?). 

Any workaround you can think? 

5 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Excellent, thanks! 

My first month in Thailand will be in a hotel-stay (as I do the ground-game to find me a long term condo). Meaning, I doubt immigration will issue me a letter of residence (I think?). 

Work around:

1) Rent a bike until you are settled. This may help you decide if the Click 125 is the right bike for you.

2) Put it the bike in someone else’s name (obviously someone you trust).

3) Find some accommodation within the next week, then get the *Certificate of Residence

*Proof of Address document:

- You may need to file a 90 day report before Immigration will issue you with a ‘Proof of Address’ document (this changes between immigration offices).

- You can also obtain an Affirmation of Residence document from your nearest Embassy or Consulate (this is about THB 2500 from the British Embassy in BKK, you may also be able to get this document from the British Consulate, Pattaya  - contact them and check).

You will need either a rental agreement, or utility bill etc to show as proof of address for these documents. 

You will also need this Proof of Address  / Affirmation of residence document when obtaining your Thai Motorbike licence. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Excellent, thanks! 

You can get a residence certificate for a hotel, many expats live in hotels/guesthouses Long term, don't put it in someone else's name. 300 baht from Jomtien Immigration 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Are you 100% sure about the Click. I bought a 125cc Yamaha Freego. Nice looking bike and just as pratical as the Click. 10k cheaper.

The biggest difference is that the Click has about 20% more power. The resale value of the Click will also be higher, so let's say you sell the bike after 5 years, you might end up paying the same.

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can get a residence certificate for a hotel, many expats live in hotels/guesthouses Long term, don't put it in someone else's name. 300 baht from Jomtien Immigration 

Oh, really? Sounds good! I'll try that. Just bring my booking receipt I guess?