Foreigners stranded in Thailand due to COVID-19 can now stay until end of March

6 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

If you live up to the requirements and rules, almost all those visas can be extended inside Thailand today.

According to the rule outlined by the letter from the commissioner, those who apply to extend their stay for the 60 additional days due to covid are indeed following the rules and requirements in order to be approved. ???? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The discussion on here on who is genuinely "stuck" is nonsensical, because of the way immigration's affidavit is worded which offers several justifications that applicants can choose from, depending on their  situation.

To their credit, Thai immigration by and large seems to be a lot less petty in this pandemic than some foreigners on here.

11 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Ubonjoe...

The post headline and text are very confusing for many people. 

I did not write the topic title.

All a person has to do is read the content of the article to find the info needed. And later the translation of it was added after I sent it to management to be translated.

12 hours ago, orchidfan said:

So what's new about this announcement ?

It only says they may stay "until the end of March"..nothing about extending beyond that ?

Read the rest of the topic instead of just the title.

You can apply another extension if need on or before March 30th.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I did not write the topic title.

All a person has to do is read the content of the article to find the info needed. And later the translation of it was added after I sent it to management to be translated.

Read the rest of the topic instead of just the title.

You can apply another extension if need on or before March 30th.

Sorry Joe, but where is the "rest of the article" ?

I did read the post on TV (and of course never implied that you posted it or the title)

Can you give us a link to the full article and exactly (in Thai or English ) where it says that at the end of March one can extend further.

Btw, I don't just read titles !

Regards 

54 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Can you give us a link to the full article and exactly (in Thai or English ) where it says that at the end of March one can extend further.

From the order dated January 28th posted in the first post of this topic.

image.png.270d6c6e13ddd61eb9446de1ccfcfb87.png

It means you can apply for a new 60 day extension on or before March 30th.

Same wording that is in the previous order but with a different date that it ends.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

From the order dated January 28th posted in the first post of this topic.

image.png.270d6c6e13ddd61eb9446de1ccfcfb87.png

It means you can apply for a new 60 day extension on or before March 30th.

Same wording that is in the previous order but with a different date that it ends.

Ok thanks for that Joe. I've got one until March 27th due to Thai wife having difficulty to get back, but good to know that, if necessary, can apply again for another. 

Rgs

On 1/29/2021 at 2:23 PM, ubonjoe said:

What type of visa entry do you have now?

If a tourist or visa exempt entry you could apply for a 90 day non-b visa entry at immigration with the correct supporting documents.

If my extension of stay for spouse visa fail, can i apply visa exempt entry during covid 19 period and can stay longer so i can make another try for extension of stay?

6 hours ago, wilkis333 said:

If my extension of stay for spouse visa fail, can i apply visa exempt entry during covid 19 period and can stay longer so i can make another try for extension of stay?

You would have to leave and re-enter the country to get a 45 day visa exempt entry.

At this time you could apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension or if you have not applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife since your last entry to the country you could get it.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, nausea said:

Good news. My retirement extension ends on 23 march. Hopefully, I'll get it renewed, but if everything does go tits up, then I have seven days to sort it out. I must say, I'm seriously considering flying home, like I have nothing here really, it's all in my SO's name. As a disgruntled old guy I'm sure there's tons of stuff I can claim. The fact my SO here  has a ton of stuff means little, I guess. If she screws me over, so be it. But I doubt it, Farangs, especially those with a guaranteed income, are not exactly two a penny in Thailand.

Why wouldn't you get it renewed ? 

Ugh..had I know this I would have never walked on that plane in Bkk March 16 2020......As i was worried about my visa ending

Has been the worst hindsight slap yet......blah.....and I just learned Ubon Joe is a Yank today.......get me outta here UJ!...Help a brotha out! ????

43 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Has been the worst hindsight slap yet......blah.....and I just learned Ubon Joe is a Yank today.......get me outta here UJ!...Help a brotha out! ????

There is nothing making you stay here. You can get on a airplane and go back to the states any time you want to.

On 1/31/2021 at 9:33 AM, ChakaKhan said:

I left LOS in march 2020..Im stuck in the states currently..trying to get back into LOS...

This topic is about staying here not outside the country.

You have several options now to return to Thailand at this time. The page on the embassy in DC's website is a good starting point for info. https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

I'd appreciate if someone can help me out. I'm on a 60 day tourist visa, which I have extended once for 30 days until end of February. Under this new order, can I apply for a 60 day extension up until my visa expires? I remember that a TR-60 can only be extended once, or is this a special circumstance now and rules are different? Are embassy letters still required or what else would I have to supply to immigration to request my Covid extension?

Stay safe!

21 minutes ago, thaiger843 said:

I'd appreciate if someone can help me out. I'm on a 60 day tourist visa, which I have extended once for 30 days until end of February. Under this new order, can I apply for a 60 day extension up until my visa expires? I remember that a TR-60 can only be extended once, or is this a special circumstance now and rules are different? Are embassy letters still required or what else would I have to supply to immigration to request my Covid extension?

Visas are not extended. Only the permit to stay from one is extended.

You can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension near to when your current 30 day extension ends. There is no limit on how many of those you can get.

No need for a letter from your embassy. You just need to complete a affidavit stating the reasons you need the extension that immigration will give to you.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No need for a letter from your embassy. You just need to complete a affidavit stating the reasons you need the extension that immigration will give to you.

Thank you for the information!

Is there a form for the affidavit?

What is a valid reason used by applicants in the past?

Does this Covid 19 extension offer recently announced apply to non OA visas?  i arrived mid December, quarantined and my visa 'ends' (requires a trip out of Thailand) on  March 12.   Obviously do not wish to quarantine again... iI plan to return to US in early May.  

43 minutes ago, thaiger843 said:

Is there a form for the affidavit?

You'll get it at IO, but if you want to prepare it beforehand the attached is the latest as far as I know.

982970616_60DayCovid19ExtensionAffidavit (1).pdf

45 minutes ago, thaiger843 said:

What is a valid reason used by applicants in the past?

Most I've heard about use the second tick box, a few have used the third but doesn't appear to be the best option IMO.

10 hours ago, songmaew said:

Does this Covid 19 extension offer recently announced apply to non OA visas?  i arrived mid December, quarantined and my visa 'ends' (requires a trip out of Thailand) on  March 12.   Obviously do not wish to quarantine again... iI plan to return to US in early May.  

Your visas expiration date means nothing after you enter the country. If you your visa was still valid when you entered the country you should of gotten a one year permit to stay. What date is on your arrival stamp.

For Ubonjoe:

Being a newbie haven't yet figured out how to reply to a direct post (or attach above) - thanks for your reply Ubonjoe.

I was issued my new OA visa from WashDC last December and arrived in Thailand Dec 16 2020.  It was a very arduous application process, to say the least!  I only received the visa 2 days prior to my flight (after having had to cancel 2 previous flights due to the 6 week wait and many ever-changing requests in the process) with COE arriving just 6 hours prior to flight, so very hectic those last days.  Amidst this chaos, I did not notice that the visa end date issued (typed on the visa)was, actually, not one year (Dec 9) but instead Oct 27, 2021 due to my passport expiring that date.  So, the March 12 will be my first ending of the 90 days, where one usually must leave and re-enter.  Can I use the amnesty extension for this purpose - to extend to the next 90 days?

Lastly, if I were to renew my passport here, which requires taking to immigration to get visa transferred into new one - would the new passport visa validity be Dec 2021 or would they keep the Oct date, as stated on the original visa expiration date?

Sorry for long-winded answer...much appreciate your input, thank you. 

48 minutes ago, songmaew said:

So, the March 12 will be my first ending of the 90 days, where one usually must leave and re-enter. 

A OA visa allows a one year entry not 90 days. Look at the arrival stamp in your passport and check the admitted until date. 

After entering the country the only thing you need to do is do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country at immigration.

Immigration cannot change the expiration date of a visa.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A OA visa allows a one year entry not 90 days. Look at the arrival stamp in your passport and check the admitted until date. 

After entering the country the only thing you need to do is do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country at immigration.

Immigration cannot change the expiration date of a visa.

The date on the arrival stamp entry Dec 16 and valid to 3/12/21 - March 12.    I actually went to a local 'visa assistance office' here (private type) and they told me I had to leave the country and re-enter or convert this to a different type of visa (ie. retirement, etc)...

2 minutes ago, songmaew said:

The date on the arrival stamp entry Dec 16 and valid to 3/12/21 - March 12.    I actually went to a local 'visa assistance office' here (private type) and they told me I had to leave the country and re-enter or convert this to a different type of visa (ie. retirement, etc)...

It is an O-A Multiple entry visa (if that overstates it, sorry ????

13 minutes ago, songmaew said:

It is an O-A Multiple entry visa (if that overstates it, sorry ????

If you really have an O-A visa (not an O visa), airport immigration wrongly stamped you in for 90 days and you need to get the error corrected at your immigration office.

Edited to add: But even for 90 days, your numbers don't add up. If you entered on Dec 16, then 90 days would mean your permission should expire on Mar 15, not on Mar 12.

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

If you really have an O-A visa (not an O visa), airport vimmigration wrongly stamped you in for 90 days and you need to get the error corrected at your immigration office.

Yes, really an O-A (just re-checked this). 

My goodness, if, indeed, this is true - the saga never ends...(since first entering into the new, arms-length list of requirements/documents-needed abyss to get the visa in the first place, not to mention stress and expense involved) and now this...

52 minutes ago, songmaew said:

Yes, really an O-A (just re-checked this). 

My goodness, if, indeed, this is true - the saga never ends...(since first entering into the new, arms-length list of requirements/documents-needed abyss to get the visa in the first place, not to mention stress and expense involved) and now this...

You need to go to immigration and have the error corrected. 

I assume the insurance that you used to apply for the OA visa is valid until December (Or October?).

Archived