What's wrong with Surin Immigration?

teacherclaire

1 hour ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

I don't really see any much difference from what I'm going through every year. No matter if I want new visa, driving ID, updating my information in Thai bank... .  You just described standard working thai system.

....and long been the case of depending on where one goes, as there's little universal from one imm office to the next. 

One is not required to do business with your "local" staff. 

Find a suitable facility that doesn't play games, hold personal vendettas or unprofessional shenanigans in general. 

3 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

A friend of mine who's got enough of the Mickey Mouse game they are trying to play with him might soon "overreact" and maybe do something foolish.

He'd been on a Non-O for ages, never a problem; he's got the money and had the bank statement, the letter from the embassy, the photos, and all they wanted.

When he arrived the first time, he was sent back to come back with his wife. When he's there with his wife, the sleeping room's photo wasn't good enough anymore, and they were sent back again.

That went on four or five more times, and the poor guy who had a stroke before now drove almost 1,300 km so far and only received a stamp good until February.

The Immigration and coppers were at his house last year and asked the neighbors and the whole program. Now the one Immigration officer seems to dislike him, and he denied the stamp at the last minute at 5.30 pm when all others had already left.

Please don't see this post as a joke, the man is mentally a wrack. The Immigration officer did all he could to upset him, without a reason that I would understand.

Did anybody from Surin make a similar strange experience with this Immigration? The guy can't get anymore, and I fully understand him.

Is there an agent in Surin who would go there on his behalf? Please send me a private message if you don't want to post it here.

Any tips, suggestions on what the guy could do would be great. Is there a place where he could write a report about this particular officer?

I recall a female Immigration officer in Phiboon who was very rude to foreigners after many reports from unsatisfied foreigners; she was sent to another place somewhere in the middle of nowhere. 

He has all the needed documents but was sent back and back and finally only received a few weeks to stay here? 

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. It's urgent.  

So what is he going to do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

....and long been the case of depending on where one goes, as there's little universal from one imm office to the next. 

Find a suitable facility that doesn't play games, hold personal vendettas or unprofessional shenanigans in general. 

Or just don't take any sh.it from people.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:10 AM, Old Croc said:

She may have been exagerating a little, but I understood that 5 return trips totaling about1300km would mean the person lived about 130 km from Immigration.

Does that help clear up your confusion?

He told me 1,280 km. I rounded up, that's all. Pretty tough for one extension that wasn't a problem for the last 20 years. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I spoke to my wife about your post because it sounded very similar to what happened to a friend of ours.  Her immediate reaction was '"see a lawyer, they want money and if he pays now, he will pay forever".

Our friend had to bow down to the ridiculous things that an I.O. was wanting and eventually got his extension. The next year he reverted to the original basis for requesting an extension (that was previously refused) but used a lawyer to submit it - visa granted.

Of course he had to pay but in my book, paying a lawyer is far better than paying a corrupt official.

Thanks, I've forwarded your message to him. 

On 1/31/2021 at 11:53 PM, zzaa09 said:

Usually, you are told by immigration to do the extension at the same immigration office as your 90 day reporting and where your TM30 was given.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

Part II of S(uper) Immigration.

The guy had to drive to Surin two more times and now we're at 1,400 km. 100 km one way x 7. 

Two "officers" were at the house just recently, he had to pay 1,900 baht for the few days until the end of this months, which must be an under consideration one. Is that normal to pay for it? If yes, no probs.

Then a phone call that something with his wife's housebook and his own wasn't clear and he had to drive to the Immi again, of course a lot of fun.

The neighbours were asked for a while if he really lives there so long? he's doing the same visa now for more than 20 years, always a non- o.

Enough is enough. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

The house-visit is at the discretion of the Surin Imm Office where he applied, but if it is done it is part of the under consideration process to check whether he is really living with his Thai wife at the premisses. 

As that is the case - already since 20 years! - that should not be a problem, and so it looks that hopefully this will mean the end of the ordeal that he has gone through, and that he will receive the 1-year extension of stay stamp on his very last visit to that #$%^& Imm officer that played this game on him.

Wish him strength!

Thank you very much. No, unfortunately, it's not the end. They also told him to "give them a ring a few days before the extension ends to find out "if everything is "in order"

He had to get new bank statements and embassy letter, then another copy wasn't the way they wanted it ( but they'd made it@!!!) 

i think that there'll be a big breaking news article if they don't give him what i believe is his right.

His wife's a gambler and a d- addict, who made around 20 million baht disappear so far. That he had a stroke and riding his bike is more complicated can only be seen an additional problem.

Humans are not made to get so much sh_t at once. I'll page you the details and hope that you have an idea. Thanks a lot for now. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 7:13 PM, KhaoYai said:

Of course he had to pay but in my book, paying a lawyer is far better than paying a corrupt official.

When I had troubles, I called my lawyer, they talked down to the lawyer as they know everyting, result... more to pay the lawyer, result ZERO

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Rodik said:

When I had troubles, I called my lawyer, they talked down to the lawyer as they know everyting, result... more to pay the lawyer, result ZERO

Paying a lawyer for minor services such as these in Thailand is a waste of time IMO.

It sounds like your friend has a Non-Imm "O" with an extension based on his marriage and if this is correct then his "under consideration" stamp would only be until February when he would return to immigration for his 1 year extension stamp which is the normal at every immigration office, so if that is the case then it is no different to anywhere else and as for the photo's it is at the discretion of the IO on what might be acceptable at division headquarters because it is not the local IO who makes the decision, that is done by the regional headquarters and if the local IO sends something that is not acceptable by divisional headquarters then your friends application could be rejected so in cases like this do not always point the finger at the local IO because it could be the so and so at divisional headquarters that makes the decision.

• Like 1