Sattahip to Songkhla car ferry service set to begin by March, Prachuap Khiri Khan misses out - for now

webfact

7 hours ago, HammerMan said:

Once again we have been forced to delay after the Marine Department expressed concerns over safety and the continuing Covid-19 situation. I can't really write my true feelings but its seems we're jinxed or disliked, not sure which. We're trying to address all issues, but ultimately it looks like 'plan B' -  to head out to the outer anchorage and layup for a few months..  We will let you know..

Sorry to hear this. Maybe you could quietly turn the Blue Dolphin into a "party boat" and cruise around the Gulf of Thailand for a while. Boys in Brown might find it difficult to board and navy subs are not yet delivered. 

The truth is that most who live in Isaan do so because this is where the little lady is from. Been there, done that. If you have kids together, you start thinking of good schools. Everything you have in Isaan you can have as an example in Pattaya. A few km east of Pattaya lush farmland abounds, good schools nearby and her family is far, far away.

Edited by EVENKEEL

15 hours ago, HammerMan said:

Once again we have been forced to delay after the Marine Department expressed concerns over safety and the continuing Covid-19 situation. I can't really write my true feelings but its seems we're jinxed or disliked, not sure which. We're trying to address all issues, but ultimately it looks like 'plan B' -  to head out to the outer anchorage and layup for a few months..  We will let you know..

Safety my azz......From what I have seen your boat is a huge ocean vessel.....I would not have the slightest concerns over safety..... I would find out who it was that got the Hua Hin ferry route route approved  (in record time) and hire them to work on your approval...... 

https://www.facebook.com/1860889064132603/posts/2958783244343174/

Rough translation

Postponed indefinitely!  Ferry across the east-south region
 *Stuck in a lockdown to control the covids. Sattahip hasn't passed through Songkhla yet.
 *If the truck accepts the company and is ready to invest more

Mr. Wittaya Yamuang, Director-General of the Marine Department (SUT) revealed that the opening of cross-regional ferry service between Sattahip commercial ports  (Juk Samet Pier), Sattahip District, Chonburi Province, and Sawat Watthana Pier, Mueang District, Songkhla Province, by boat "The Blue Dolphin" of Sea Horse Ferry Company Limited.  postponed indefinitely

Due to the epidemic situation of COVID-19  as well as the determination of various government measures, especially strict travel across provinces  which the company  aim that  When the situation of the epidemic of Covid-19 is relieved, ships will be opened for shipping services.  and the public immediately  to stimulate new forms of travel

Mr. Wittaya added that Sea Horse Company has tested a round-trip navigation system which takes about 20 hours per trip to help reduce the road use distance from 1,128 km to 609 km (shorten the distance to 519 km.  .) It takes about 5 hours less than the time the truck travels by road (which must include break time) to achieve the goal.  Originally, there was a plan to open a commercial shipping service mid-year as a shipping route.  Connecting the South Sea and the Eastern Special Development Zone (EEC), the first route of Thailand

Start serving customers in the business network first.  which Sea Horse Co., Ltd. already has this group of customers to earn income from cross-regional transportation.  Before expanding the service to receive tourists after the Covid-19 epidemic situation  continue to unwind  When the epidemic continues to be severe, it has to be slowed down.  When will the service be available?  Must ask to see the situation first.

Mr. Wittaya said that Sea Horse Company also has a plan to increase its capabilities.  After opening the first ferry service  If the passenger volume is up to 60%, will invest in one more ferry as well. The Blue Dolphin has a license plate number 640000020, length 136.6 meters, width 21 meters, size 7,003 gross tons, can carry 10 wheels, can hold 80 cars at a time.  Can hold 15-20 people, 30 crew members, can carry 586 passengers, speed about 18-20 knots (31.48 km per hour).

Mr. Wittaya also said that The Blue Dolphin has a plan to sail on the route between  Chonburi-Songkhla Province  and will expand the route linking to  Prachuap Khiri Khan Province  As a result, this route will be useful in connecting the EEC.  with the Southern Economic Corridor (SEC)

enhances the potential of water transport  Reduce costs and accidents from land transportation  and reduce the problem of PM 2.5 dust pollution, which is beneficial for both transportation and sustainable marine tourism.

News reports say  Previously, Sea Horse Ferry Company Limited has coordinated with the Marine Department for permission to open a trial boat route linking Chonburi - Songkhla during 21 - 31 July 64 with special promotions.  To help reduce the burden of entrepreneurs during the Covid-19 situation  It has the goal of navigating ships for large and small truck carriers.  but recently had to cancel from the strict cross-provincial travel measures  and is not conducive to service.

#Daily News Transport Innovation News Team
 #Ferries across Sattahip, Songkhla
 #purple medicine
 # Marine Department
 #Seahorse Ferry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2021 at 4:34 PM, HammerMan said:

Can you clarify? 

Are the safety concerns covid safety concerns?  If so, I can understand, especially in present circumstances.

Or are the safe concerns not enough life jackets, fire extinguishers etc, possibly designed to make the company just say, "How much do you want to allow us to start operating?"  

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Can you clarify? 

Are the safety concerns covid safety concerns?  If so, I can understand, especially in present circumstances.

Or are the safe concerns not enough life jackets, fire extinguishers etc, possibly designed to make the company just say, "How much do you want to allow us to start operating?"  

To be honest we are not really sure.. we have passed multiple inspections, fulfilled every request. The safety and fire fighting equipment on board has been fully serviced and/or renewed, UV filtration systems fitted for air conditioning system, ship cleaned/sprayed from top to bottom, crew trained and trained and trained in all safety procedures/fire fighting etc.., vessel fully fitted to meet all social distancing requirements (which has been checked/verified by various Health Inspections), all crew being vaccinated and trained in crowd management procedures etc.. etc.. so ultimately your guess is as good as ours.. To our knowledge we have no issues with the ports/berths as agreements/recommendations already agreed/fulfilled..  Of course we all have our thoughts but have to keep them to ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, HammerMan said:

To be honest we are not really sure.. we have passed multiple inspections, fulfilled every request. The safety and fire fighting equipment on board has been fully serviced and/or renewed, UV filtration systems fitted for air conditioning system, ship cleaned/sprayed from top to bottom, crew trained and trained and trained in all safety procedures/fire fighting etc.., vessel fully fitted to meet all social distancing requirements (which has been checked/verified by various Health Inspections), all crew being vaccinated and trained in crowd management procedures etc.. etc.. so ultimately your guess is as good as ours.. To our knowledge we have no issues with the ports/berths as agreements/recommendations already agreed/fulfilled..  Of course we all have our thoughts but have to keep them to ourselves.

Very very sorry to read this, I for one will be keeping my fingers crossed for you, this COVID-19 situation is a real pia, good luck going forward ????????????????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HammerMan said:

Not much more you can do, really. 

However, as I alluded to in an earlier post, Thailand is not a stable place for a considerable investment in a business. You always operate with that "cloud" hanging over the business of when will they will come up with more costly BS to comply with, which is simply designed to squeeze money out the business. 

I wish you well, and hope to see this service operational soon.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, HammerMan said:

For anyone wondering what happened to this long, never ending saga.. after multiple attempts to start it appears we are about to have our first commercial sailing tomorrow 20th October 2021 from Sattahip to Songkhla Deep Water terminal.. we're at the final hurdle of awaiting the "Green" light from the Port Authority..  watch this space for updates..   

Thank you for the update!

4 hours ago, HammerMan said:

For anyone wondering what happened to this long, never ending saga.. after multiple attempts to start it appears we are about to have our first commercial sailing tomorrow 20th October 2021 from Sattahip to Songkhla Deep Water terminal.. we're at the final hurdle of awaiting the "Green" light from the Port Authority..  watch this space for updates..   

Sadly thwarted by the Customs.. and back to the drawing board..  seems this project is doomed.. Rethinking the whole thing now..  Maybe time to accept defeat??

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, HammerMan said:

Sadly thwarted by the Customs.. and back to the drawing board..  seems this project is doomed.. Rethinking the whole thing now..  Maybe time to accept defeat??

Not the first to be thwarted by Thai attitudes. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

How the **** was it thwarted by Customs if you are sailing from one Thai port to another, all in Thai territorial waters ? Customs shouldn't be involved at all.

What next, Immigration queues on each side ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kerryd said:

How the **** was it thwarted by Customs if you are sailing from one Thai port to another, all in Thai territorial waters ? Customs shouldn't be involved at all.

aah aah now Thai`s work in misterious ways.....surely you should know this by now?

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

I presume at some point in the middle they are outside the 12 mile limit (if that is the Thailand territorial waters). Seems crazy though.

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

I presume at some point in the middle they are outside the 12 mile limit (if that is the Thailand territorial waters). Seems crazy though.

However, if they are "outside" of territorial waters, then indeed there should be Immigration concerns as well.

Despite there being no stop-overs (in "foreign" waters/ports) during the journey.

Can you imagine the mess that would make ?

I don't recall any such issues with the other ferries, like the one that used to run from Pattaya to Hua Hin. Got to wonder why there are so many problems with this venture.

On 10/19/2021 at 1:20 PM, HammerMan said:

Even if /when you get it up and running, after all the tea money paid, the Thai's will keep coming back with more BS for you to pay.  

They take all the money, while you, and your investors, are left with the crumbs.  

Be sure you have a music licence.  That will be next.  ????  

On 10/23/2021 at 11:42 PM, ratcatcher said:

I imagine this could do the job.

Royal Thai Navy HTMS Chakri Naruebet (CVH-911) Spanish Prí… | Flickr

That ship is actually just a couple hundred meters from where the ferry docks in Sattahip. I was going to take some photos of it the day I took the photos of the Blue Dolphin ferry but they had the gates (leading to the carrier) closed so I didn't bother.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The situation is we set 8th November as a target date to once again try and start after the difficulties with the Customs.. but at the last minute the anticipated cargo/bookings once again vanished.. meaning, sailing in both directions empty.. obviously it made no sense.. We are working with Seamoor Songkhla as an agent to help source bookings and unfortunately they too failed to retain any bookings. So the start date is now the 15th..   A lot of the articles, especially the Bangkok Post, posted inaccurate information and we will release a formal notice early next week..          and so the saga continues.

8 hours ago, HammerMan said:

The situation is we set 8th November as a target date to once again try and start after the difficulties with the Customs.. but at the last minute the anticipated cargo/bookings once again vanished.. meaning, sailing in both directions empty.. obviously it made no sense.. We are working with Seamoor Songkhla as an agent to help source bookings and unfortunately they too failed to retain any bookings. So the start date is now the 15th..   A lot of the articles, especially the Bangkok Post, posted inaccurate information and we will release a formal notice early next week..          and so the saga continues.

Well, it doesn't hurt to keep trying. Only in the wallet it does.

Just like your ferry, the flights to Betong's new airport haven't started yet and people are still waiting anxiously. Your route would draw many more customers though.

Good luck.

If everything fails, you could always opt out and sell the business.

Edited by MarcelV
  • Thanks 1